Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

kill story of a doge(5.9) and ford 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 01:18 AM
sandiegohemi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: kill story of a doge(5.9) and ford 4.6

We are forgetting this guy raced a 5.9. And while the 5.9 was a good engine for its time, it is outmatched by the Hemi. This guys doesn't have the ***** to take on a Hemi, because we all know the result. Hell, me and another guy in the Ram forum offered to take him on. The truth be told, I don't doubt a 5.3 Chevy could take out a 4.6 Ford and 5.9 Ram. They are both slow. Now, a 5.3 Chevy vs a 5.7 Hemi are completely different. I've beaten enough in my truck to know that. Anyone that states otherwise is either lying, or the Hemi wasn't racing him. Bottom line: more hp and more torque = *** kicking.

Old 02-12-2006, 09:29 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: sandiegohemi

We are forgetting this guy raced a 5.9. And while the 5.9 was a good engine for its time, it is outmatched by the Hemi. This guys doesn't have the ***** to take on a Hemi, because we all know the result. Hell, me and another guy in the Ram forum offered to take him on. The truth be told, I don't doubt a 5.3 Chevy could take out a 4.6 Ford and 5.9 Ram. They are both slow. Now, a 5.3 Chevy vs a 5.7 Hemi are completely different. I've beaten enough in my truck to know that. Anyone that states otherwise is either lying, or the Hemi wasn't racing him. Bottom line: more hp and more torque = *** kicking.
[sm=exactly.gif] But I would like to take one on just for the record books.

Old 02-19-2006, 03:40 AM
Last Of The R/Ts
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: chevyking

i was telling him dodge dont got **** on chevy and that not even a hemi would beat me, after that he called his friend that actually has a hemi (daytona). we line them up from zero and i beat him to (not as bad) but i beat him by about half a truck

Now I don't know what is more hilarious, his punctuation or that load of crap^! LMAO

Old 03-09-2006, 07:06 AM
eagle09_05

Hey guys lets all sit back and think..... hmm are any of our trucks fast? should we brag about racing them? im driving a 1996 318 single cab ram and its strong, but what i park it behind every night would murder it (my camaro). its a good running truck 200,000 miles and it doesnt miss a lick and im not afraid to tach it ou;t god arent those dodge motors reliable. but anyway lets leave the racing to the cars, at least the v8's but you can pick on hondas and stuff and possibly mustangs too.

Old 03-12-2006, 11:40 PM
moparmanjames
Veteran

Hey eagle, sounds like you got a 12 second ride, maybe quicker, but sit back and think, there are many cars faster than your Camaro, your 318 has longer rods by the way, so why brag about it?
Leave the racing to the 11 second and quicker cars right?

Wrong. It's all relative, from bicycle racing to Top Fuel dragsters. There's always something quicker. The fun is in the challenge and bragging rights go to the victor whether it be turtles or rockets.

Old 03-13-2006, 02:33 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: eagle09_05

Hey guys lets all sit back and think..... hmm are any of our trucks fast? should we brag about racing them? im driving a 1996 318 single cab ram and its strong, but what i park it behind every night would murder it (my camaro). its a good running truck 200,000 miles and it doesnt miss a lick and im not afraid to tach it ou;t god arent those dodge motors reliable. but anyway lets leave the racing to the cars, at least the v8's but you can pick on hondas and stuff and possibly mustangs too.
Well said and something I have been trying to get accross to people...

Old 03-21-2006, 02:03 PM
JustinJohnson86
Captain

Honestly, I think racing with a 4x4 is near pointless, all that extra weight just doesnt help at all =/

And to that troll, I'll take you on next time your in Nashville, just let me know. I'm not afraid to do a little street racing, even tho i like to keep it at the track...

And please post some damn slips, otherwise we're all just gonna call BS =D

Old 07-08-2006, 01:39 AM
sharno

hey guys now im not here to bash dodge cuz im actually considering buying one, but i am at heart a chevy man. lol. but i had a 5.3 silverado ext cab 2wd with k&n filter, cutout and diablosport programmer, 3:73 limited slip. im not sure if you guys are talking about stock 5.3's or not but in my truck i raced a hemi QC one time and i beat him, im not sure by how much but when the guy passed me turning off at the corner he gave me a thumbs up and said "that was bad add" lol. i dont have proof or timeslips or anything but i hope that my word is good enough. anyways that truck has now passed onto the truck graveyard LoL.

oh also 4wd isnt all that bad, im not sure if all of you have heard of this truck but heres a link to a really old video of a 4wd truck that smokes everything, at the time it had about 500 hp since then it has been overhauled to a 408 with over 1000 horsepower and 1200 lbs of torque, and now is being overhauled again with twin turbos. the guy is crazy. he frequents performancetrucks.net a lot. dont burn me for posting more chevy stuff on here please

http://www.neufamily.org/kc5.21.wmv

Old 07-08-2006, 02:03 AM
moparmanjames
Veteran

ORIGINAL: eagle09_05

I forgot to mention that yes my truck is fast and will murder your Camaro. Fast Trucks are cool and there's no law that says trucks aren't allowed to race too.
To those that say racing a 4x4 is pointless, I saw a 9 second 4x4 last year at the track so don't count any vehicle out.
I'm going to try and get my Motorhome to run 14's[sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Old 07-08-2006, 03:35 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

now now..his camaro might be fast...

Quick Reply: kill story of a doge(5.9) and ford 4.6