Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

V8 iroc daytona , raced a honda

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 09:07 PM
exline
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V8 iroc daytona , raced a honda

ok so this story may be froma while back but still good. I was parked at a burger king getting something to eat and all of these rice burners started gathering outside and poping there hoods up. so I walked over to check them out and they had all the necessary speed equiptment like the neon plug wires, racing stickers all over and a good sound system pounding. so i asked how well it ran and he said it runs a 14.4 in the quarter. I said thats not too bad for a four cylinder. he got upset i guess and said why what you got , huh ,think you can take me , i never been beat. I said all i have is that daytona sitting there and i dont really wana race you ,I just wondered how yours ran thats all. so now he is calling me a ***** and says he can smoke any daytona! I said well ok if you really wana lets go . he said for a $100 ! he fired his car up and pulled out and did a little burn out and i came out behind him and dumped it off and smoked the tires up past him , the rear tires! he turned around and pulled back into his parking spot and got out pissed! he said I dont know what the hell is in that thing but i'm not racing it! I raised the hood to reveal my 360 V8 to him he just looked at me and said holy ****!

that was one of the best times i ever had with it. I converted it to rear wheel drive and ran a built 360 with a four speed and 8 3/4 rear and it looks stock. since then i have had a lot of people ask me to make the v8 kit for them so i'm pretty much keeping stocked up on parts now.I guess it is a good sleeper.that was back in 2000 , now it is getting a new 5.7 hemi and t56 six speed, and i cant wait.
so does anyone else have any good stories about racing?or similar experiences?

[IMG]local://upfiles/25694/D0CC2D4EA2A047D2A7493B055EB5A6D0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-12-2006, 02:32 AM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker
Default RE: V8 iroc daytona , raced a honda

nope, no similar stories cuz my trucks slow.

but that story had be laughin for a good bit. haha.

Old 05-12-2006, 04:54 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always wanted to do that with my '88 Daytona Shelby Z or a '92-'93 Daytona Iroc V-6, except I wanted to drop a 400 or 440 in it. I never freed up the money for such a fine project unfortunately. I did however have a similar story which I've mentioned previously where I had a run in with an '87-'88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe when I was in my '88 Shelby Z, but it's kinda the opposite. I was at a red light next to this T-bird Turbo Coupe, but it was obviously not a 4 banger turbocharged as it had a loudly exhausted V8 in it and when I left the light as I always do, usually the first away from the light, he must have thought I was challenging him or maybe he was just wanting to run anyway, I don't know. That's the only street race I didn't win, but I also didn't lose it either as we were door to door the whole time. It was great when we got to the next red light and he was talking about his 302 in it and asked what I had and I simply told him it was just a little 4 banger turbo.

Old 05-12-2006, 11:20 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what does that daytona run?

Old 05-12-2006, 12:24 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

he said 13.6 in the 'estimated quarter mile time' thread

thats a sweet car, seems like itd be the ultimate sleeper

Old 05-16-2006, 07:32 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd love to do what Mopar Muscle did some years ago...an 87 Conquest with a 340 in it....woohaha[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 05-16-2006, 09:23 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i would also love to have a conquest...a 340 in it would be nice, but i would settle for the turbo 4..

Old 05-17-2006, 02:28 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too always loved the look and style of the Conquest Tsi's and had that idea long before that article series, which I too have, came out. I test drove a couple Conquest Tsi's and they were OK, but my Daytona Shelby Z was far more impressive to drive. The Conquests' with their buckets and RWD as well as great looking big wheels that were nice and wide tucked under the great fender flares, it's just a great looking Mitsubishi like the Stealths and Talons.

Old 05-17-2006, 03:07 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

before i bought the stratus, i looked at a couple, and they all wanted too much for them, then right afte i bought the stratus and the ramcharger, i ran into a kid at the track running low 14s, who said that he would sell me that one, and his parts car for 2500...

Old 05-18-2006, 02:40 AM
exline
Rookie

I seen that conquest in person when they did it and all I remember thinking was .i should have brought the daytona to that show so we could have parked together ,that would have been cool. I was hoping to get the hemi in it and running this summer but dosent look like that will be happening. I got the 5.7 hemi in it and bolted up a T56 six speed but havent had the time to finish it yet.I have all kinds of crazy stories from when i first finished it . once i pulled out in front of my friends house on my way to leave for vacation and when i powershifted 2 nd gear i tore the yoke in half! It made a big bang. now i have bigger u joints and driveshaft. next went the clutch I floored it whild doing about 40 mph and it hooked up and ripped the center out of the clutch, it was a center force dual friction.Then went the rear end when I power shifted second and tore a whole in the rear end.the weld didnt break on the ladder bars but the housing actually tore open it was an 8 3/4.I have since braced it up. so now i have all the bugs worked out , all that was with in the first few month i built it. It was kind of my prototype test project now its almost indestructable.
once i almost rolled it .I was going a little sideways when i hit 3 rd gear and slid sideways and went over on two wheels , that was an experience also!
I cant wait to see what fun the hemi brings when i get it running! I have calmed down a litle since the begenning so mabye it will be safe to ride with me again.I actually have friends who refuse to ride in that car because i have allready scared them to death.actually there have been a couple times I scared me to death , and I was driving.

ok here is a photo of the hemi setting in and getting measurements taken. I had to move the brake booster .It was hitting the head in this picture.

[IMG]local://upfiles/25694/EB911942EEB34F4A89C6CF6427578F65.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: V8 iroc daytona , raced a honda