Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

killed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 02:15 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default killed!

So, coming back from hockey last night, i am going through an empty stretch of roadway (it was pretty late) and i come up on an unbadged 3rd gen eclipse, with exhaust...and as i would speed up, so would it...then it began slowing down, so i got next to it, and i managed to get right into the wheelhouse in 2nd gear, and i hammered it, and so did the eclipse...i seemed to catch it between ideal shift points, as i stayed ahead until 80 or so, and it came around me, and it sounded different than the stratus...so i pulled into a gas station, and it followed me in. it was a girl and her boyfriend, and he wanted her to run me from a stop. it was a GTS with a K&N fipk, catback, and a tb...i kindly informed them that my car was an automatic, and that from a dig they would kill me, but i would try anyway...so we sat at the gas station waiting for the light to turn yellow and we pulled out...we pulled to the light, and he told me "she ran 15.4 with a 2.20 short time"...at that point,i knew that it was over...and to make matters worse, it was raining very lightly. i brought the r' up, and she eased forward, and when the light turned green, the transmissions told the story, as she pulled away from me. iw as impressed really, as i knew that she was going to beat me, but with the slightly damn road, she did a good job of launching, and i did not..i spun hard. the solid motor mounts are great when i can get traction, but when i cant, it jusst increases the beating...

i need the mirada here...

Old 05-26-2006, 02:44 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: killed!

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

So, coming back from hockey last night, i am going through an empty stretch of roadway (it was pretty late) and i come up on an unbadged 3rd gen eclipse, with exhaust...and as i would speed up, so would it...then it began slowing down, so i got next to it, and i managed to get right into the wheelhouse in 2nd gear, and i hammered it, and so did the eclipse...i seemed to catch it between ideal shift points, as i stayed ahead until 80 or so, and it came around me, and it sounded different than the stratus...so i pulled into a gas station, and it followed me in. it was a girl and her boyfriend, and he wanted her to run me from a stop. it was a GTS with a K&N fipk, catback, and a tb...i kindly informed them that my car was an automatic, and that from a dig they would kill me, but i would try anyway...so we sat at the gas station waiting for the light to turn yellow and we pulled out...we pulled to the light, and he told me "she ran 15.4 with a 2.20 short time"...at that point,i knew that it was over...and to make matters worse, it was raining very lightly. i brought the r' up, and she eased forward, and when the light turned green, the transmissions told the story, as she pulled away from me. iw as impressed really, as i knew that she was going to beat me, but with the slightly damn road, she did a good job of launching, and i did not..i spun hard. the solid motor mounts are great when i can get traction, but when i cant, it jusst increases the beating...

Good race though....I think had the ground been dry...you may have had a better shot of keeping it close....you knew full well going into it you were going to lose...and that takes a gut check for alot of people to willingly race...I might have been able to keep it close myself in my R/T...

I'll tell ya what tho....the traction I have with my new tires/wheels is better then what I was having on my Toyo's and stock wheels...

Old 05-26-2006, 02:55 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

well, like you said, the dampness killed what little chance i would have had, but me having a chance depending solely on her ability to launch, and she really launched well...if my car was a stick, it would have been a whole different race from a stop, but its not...if she did run 15.4, thats pretty good for her mods...i thought that she also said at one point, while we were both on our cars, that she wasnt used to the new clutch...

however, i was impressed with how her car sounded with the work done, especially at higher rpm...against a GTS, im giving up hp already with the different intake manifold, and the exhaust and cai would cancel each other out, but the trans is the biggie...

i will happily TRY to race anyone...i had a sdimilar situation last summer with a guy in a terminator, who wanted to play..and i gave it a shot, knowing full well that my car wasnt going to keep anywhere near him...

Old 05-27-2006, 01:48 AM
SRTWILLSLAY

i will happily TRY to race anyone...i had a sdimilar situation last summer with a guy in a terminator, who wanted to play..and i gave it a shot, knowing full well that my car wasnt going to keep anywhere near him...
I like the attitude. If you had the same mods you prob woudve beaten her because it is the same car the eclispe is heavier. i have a friend who's motto in life is i will race anyone anywhere anytime and he drives a pontiac p.o.s and he revs at the light to mack trucks, vipers, camrys nethen. hes retatrded

Old 05-27-2006, 02:55 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: SRTWILLSLAY

I like the attitude. If you had the same mods you prob woudve beaten her because it is the same car the eclispe is heavier. i have a friend who's motto in life is i will race anyone anywhere anytime and he drives a pontiac p.o.s and he revs at the light to mack trucks, vipers, camrys nethen. hes retatrded
He's got an auto...so he'd still have gotten beat.....and the Eclipse/Stratus Coupes weigh about the same....at least the model he's referring to..

Old 05-27-2006, 06:59 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I like your attitude bud

Old 05-28-2006, 09:48 AM
SRTWILLSLAY

I know the stick is quicker then the auto but does the fact that he has autostick count for anything. Is autostick faster then just leaving it in drive?

Old 05-29-2006, 04:25 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i have made passes in both autostick and regular auto mode, and the autostick is a bit faster on the slips...

Old 05-29-2006, 06:10 PM
SeXyinTrepid
Professional

I wish I had autostick

Old 05-29-2006, 06:11 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i wish that i had a stick...but the autostick is better than a regular stick.

was the autostick offered in the intrepids?

Quick Reply: killed!