Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Let's hear about your most memorable event...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Thansen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's hear about your most memorable event...

I wanted to start a thread where we all let out our most prized memory or the absolute best kill we've ever had. I'll start with mine, to get things rolling.

I have to say that my most memorable event was not actually a race, but it was a time that I sure got the blood flowing. I was going to Wyoming in my modded Chrysler when I realized that there were no cars on the road. I could see for miles, and I was the only one on it. So, what does that mean? Turbo Dodge + long empty road + me = ZOOM!! So, I'm going 65 already and I stamp down on the gas. Immediately the car lurches forward as it hits boost and starts climbing in rpms and speed. 85 goes by quickly and soon I'm at 100. I keep my foot down on the gas and keep the rpms climbing as I pass 110. I start to max out around 125 (4,400 rpms) and hit 130 ish. Keep in mind I'm holding my camera at the same time to film all of this. Then I peak at 134 I believe. I pin the car at this speed and just keep it going for a good 30 seconds or so, still no car in sight. I even managed a freeway turn at this speed with one arm. I couldn't believe I was going over twice the speed limit. 79 over the limit would make one nasty ticket! But that's not what stopped me. I looked at my temp gauge, and I was nearing 221 degrees, so I had to back off. I gradually let my car coast from 134 down to 65 again and eventually to 55, where I stayed for the rest of the trip.

Now, I've raced ricers before and stomped on them, but by far...going 134 in a 55 zone was my most memorable and shall I say, stupid, thing I've ever done in my car.

Old 08-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Racevette77
Professional
Default RE: Let's hear about your most memorable event...

There is many to pick from..........
Ok well unfortuntaely i dont have any in my SRT-4 yet only in my Vette so here it is. (still stock except for the muffler system)

It was around 1am during a week night dont remember which nigh it was but my GF and i were headed to my house. She in her car and Me in mine... she has a 92 Camero with the 305ci in it.... not very fast but it moves some. N E how I see in my Rear view some of those Blue lights and some fogs. Well this White 92 Toyota Celica goes by with a big fart can in the back and the web address to his sight. His car was nice and clean not all winged and body kited out. After seeing the websight i was oh this guy either Thinks he has something or he really does so i pull up next to him and Gave the Vette a Good rev with the B&B exaust roaring loudly and take off.
He comes up next to me and i allow him to get infront due to a few cars that were in our way. He passes the van infront of us and i follow.
As soon as he gets around the van i see his rear end drop and his car takes off. Sweet its now on like donkey kong. I down shift into 4th gear around 80mph and punch it. Im about 1/2 car lenght behind him thinking im fixin to pass him. I look down at my speedo and see that we are doing 140mph im like HOLY **** this guys fast. I push 4th to 145 and shift into 5th gear thinking to myself ok lets see if you can hang with 150+. At this point i start creaping up on him..... im sure the draft was helping me alot I pull beside him and we are now clippin at 155 neck and neck. I barley start pulling ahead when he cuts it and i cut it. He exited the freeway and i exited at the next exit and went our separate ways.
I e-mailed the websight and complimented the guys ride and dident know if it was he that i raced. I recieved a reply and we chatted for a few. He was really cool and had done an *** load of work on his ride. Ive checked the sight every now and then to see how he is comming with his car and needless to say its more bad *** now and would definately beat my Vette.

That would definately be the most memorable run ive had that i can think of.

Well there is 1 more but ill leave that for another time.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:18 AM
Thansen

No kills anyone?

Well, after realizing I had no real kill stories myself, I decided to deliberately look for a race. So, a guy in a early 90's Honda Accord with a BUTT UGLY white stripe down the middle of his car and a 20" exhaust pulls up next to me while we are getting on the on ramp to I-15. Goodness that car was so ugly. But anyway, he and I are getting close to merging on to the freeway, and he jams it up 1 or 2 gears sending his car to 6K rpms ish and stares me down as if he was telling me something. Well, I didn't plan on racing that piece of junk, but Mr. Macho needed to go down. So, I slam my car into 2nd and spin the turbo up to rocket away. I was doing 85 within 5 seconds and had over a 5-6 car lengths on him by the time the on ramp was over, which was good enough for me and then I began slowing down. He kept speeding as I maintained the slow lane (my exit was the next one), and passed me doing a 100 mph ricer fly by. I never saw that car again.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:08 PM
1994shadowman
Captain

My favorite kill was when i smoked my friends box body Cavalier. This thing has fake scoops and stickers everywhere and is completely stock. Of course he kept saying, "Oh i will smoke your Shadow just the way it is now. Even if my car is stock" In the immortal words of Dave Chappelle, "Boy was that bitch wrong." I smoked his *** from a roll, by a quarter mile i had him by 2 car lengths. He has a completely new respect for Dodge power. What do I need a Cavalier for, I have a half of a Hemi.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you drive thansen?

Old 08-31-2006, 03:15 AM
Thansen

1989 Stage 1 Turbo Chrysler Phantom 2.5. 220 ft/lbs of torque, 185 hp, Stage 1 turbo, K&N air filter, 11 psi of boost.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:38 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

I have 3 fav race stories, this one is the funniest

Returning home from the dragstrip they shut down the highway due to a major accident (8lanes/both directions) and detoured everyone onto a suburban road that was freshly paved but lots of traffic lights and 45mph limit. I thought everyone was doggin it off the line and kept missing the lights. I worked my way to the front of the pack and thought, Ill make the next light There was a Beemer 325i sitting beside me and I could hear him reving his motor before it turned green (figured he wanted to make the light as well) I got into it pretty good off the line and heard the beemer redline shifting beside me so I gave it some more. He had his front bumper by my door and was just inching on me as the light ahead turned red. Ok, Ill try harder next time. This time as the other lights changed yellow I can hear beemer boy really reving the motor and squeals away before our light goes green. I left as soon as it was green and had him in 1st with his bumper again at my door. Same thing again, just started inching me at 45mph when the light ahead goes red. I thought this was pretty funny and was laughing loudly (window open). Guess it pissed him off cause by the time the other light went red he was bouncing it off the rev limiter and side stepped the clutch really squealling the tires leaving the line. I left a bit early & gave it a lot more off the line and went WOT as soon as I was in 2nd. Same deal again, I had him at my door and he didnt start to inch on me till 45mph when I left off laughing loudly out the window. He quickly signaled and got into my lane then over 2 more and made a right hand turn at the red light. Why was this so funny? Because I was in the 2500V10 4x4 and was towing my 96 Indy on it hauler. Total weight of both trucks, trailer and gear was about 13000lbs!!! I never went WOT in first for fear of either loosing the Indy off the trailer or ripping the tongue off the trailer lol.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:57 AM
Mean Green
Champion

Now that's awesome! I love how you left out the part that you were towing a trailer until the end LOL!

Old 09-19-2006, 06:46 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Mean Green

Now that's awesome! I love how you left out the part that you were towing a trailer until the end LOL!
+1 I'm lol...! Great story Indy!

Old 09-20-2006, 12:13 AM
motorider228
Champion

haha thats great, i would have felt like such a loser if that was me in the beemer.

Quick Reply: Let's hear about your most memorable event...