Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Track time on friday....

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 03:30 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Track time on friday....

what? why???

LIGHT'EM UP!

Old 07-08-2004, 05:09 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know how good of a burnout I can do, I've honestly never tried with the neon. Is that a neon or SRT4 next to your car, looks like one.

Old 07-08-2004, 06:02 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I'm tempted to see how good of one I can do. HAHA.[sm=smiley15.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=smiley15.gif]

Old 07-08-2004, 09:56 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

hmm..i didnt even realize that, but it is a neon..i forgot that i raced that poor guy. it was very nice. a late model RT. body kit, lowered a bit, some decals, headerback exhaust, cai, and he was hunting for boost. he ran mid to low 15s with the very low pros on 17s. anyway...your neon should easily smoke the tires..my auto Stratus RT wil do it in the water box. pull into the box, pull the E brake, and drop the clutch.

or, if you dont wanna do that...and you do find somewhere to buy VHT, wait until you get close to the starting line before applying it. heres what i did. i had my dad walk right up to the start line, and id pull around the water box, hed spray some as i pulled closer to the line, and id stage. but its also hard to find..an VERY expensive.

Old 07-09-2004, 02:14 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats it, VHT. You would be better off using the VHT than trying to hope for the burnout box to help, it won't help normal hard and long wear tires any at all. Even if it did help the tires to stick, your still screwed by the open differential, one would spin in the water box and get warmed up, but when you go to line and launch that tire will grab and the other colder one will spin. The sticky stuff on both front tires helps keep them both bitting.[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 07-09-2004, 02:28 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

remember, the less you move with the VHT on the tires...the less debris, such as cinders, dust, cig butts, so on, you will pick up, thus making the VHT less effective.i had my dad spray it on my tires when i was almost staged.or perhaps, pull around the water box, have someone spray it on, then a quick dry hop, right before you stage, to kick off any of the bigger debris you picked up.

and why do you sound so amazed by my knowing the name of the trackbite? lol

i know..it usually amazes most people when i prove to know something..

Old 07-09-2004, 07:05 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Time to roll. Wish me luck, hopefully at least one timeslip < 16 secs. And the cougar, if I get him I get him, otherwise I don't care. Because I know about all I need is a mod or two and he's done, and he knows that. MUWHAHAHA.

Old 07-09-2004, 07:11 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a pretty good picture of your riced toyota matrix.[sm=lol.gif]

Old 07-09-2004, 07:20 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

hey...i have pics to prove i drive american muscle, and rice...

mopartodds phatride...

Old 07-10-2004, 04:41 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! Okay, so it was supposed to be test and tune midnight madness as they call it and go from 6-11. But when we talk to the lady right before you stage she says, "oh that was last weekend, tonight is only 5-9". I about wanted to hit the lady, first because I only got 7 runs in the whole night, second because it cost more than normal, and third because their schedule was wrong.[:@][:@] Then on top of that, I ran like ****. My first two runs I left early and still ran like crap. I ran mid 16's the entire night, wasn't getting very good traction for one, plus it was kind of a bit humid so that might of slowed car down some too. My shifting was not very good either, too slow. Oh well, thats what I get for not going to the track for about 2 months. I never shift that hard when I'm cruisin on the street. I only got to race the cougar one time, I know he had the quicker time, but I don't know who won I would have to look at the slip. I beat him out of the box, I beat him to the 1/8 mile, right when I was going to third is when he started to catch up to me. He crossed the line first, but I might of had him if I had the faster RT because it was close. A new cavy saw me and decided he wanted to run me which was cool, cause i would rather run with something my own size than one of those muscle cars. We ran 3 times, 2 of them were almost dead even, in which I believe I won both of those, and the other one I was slow off the line and had trouble shifting once so he took that one. The third time I ran him I pulled on him in every gear, not bad for a car with less hp and tq. He was an auto though, so thats probably why i could get him. Then on the way home, I'm followin my buddy who's got a WRX. All of a sudden I hear this braaaaaawwwwwwwwwr! And I'm thinking "dammit, they just downshifted!" Then I look in my mirror and my buddies in the cougar and the other WRX go zipping by me, so I dropped to third and chase. I caught up really quickly. Once we kicked it up to about 90 I don't think we dropped below 85 mph for a good 5 miles at least. I hit 117 at one point and I was still only in 4th gear and it was still pulling. And I'm so proud of my little neon, I made my buddies WRX go behind me because he couldn't pull ahead of me to pass a car, MUWHAHAHAHAHA. There was a blue SRT4 there too, he never ran his car. I was sad, I wanted to see one of those run. I didn't get a chance to go harass him/her either.[sm=smiley5.gif] Oh well, overall the night sucked, but what are you going to do?[:@][sm=smiley5.gif][sm=smiley6.gif][sm=smiley5.gif]

Quick Reply: Track time on friday....