Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Any "kills" to share?

Old 08-08-2004, 11:55 PM
blackmagnumrt
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any "kills" to share?

I'll start us off...

This weekend I was cruising along at about 60mph on a rather empty stretch of state highway, when a black Porsche Boxter "S" flew up next to me from out of nowhere. He hits the brakes and gets even with me and blows the horn. I looked over and he points down the road and then jumps on it. With no little one in the car (for once) I decided to go for it. He was in the fast lane and had about 1.5 car lengths on me before I reacted. I punched it and pulled into the fast lane behind him (actually hoping just to give him a close run from behind) and gained on him so quickly that I had to move back into the slow lane to pass him on his right. When I was about 2 car lengths in front of him at about 110 and he was showing no signs of gaining ground, I backed off of it. He was so embarrassed (wife/girlfriend in the car with him no less) that he got behind me and took the next exit.

I wonder how it feels to shell out upwards of 52K for a "sports car" only to get trounced handily by a 4200lb+ station wagon. Cooking rice is fun but outrunning a Porsche is priceless!

Who have you shocked?

Nick

Old 08-09-2004, 12:48 AM
chily3
Rookie
Default RE: Any "kills" to share?

Let see 5.7 versus 2.7, or 3.0. not even a match. Should have gone for top end !!! then the tide might have changed. Boxster driver not real smart to take on an RT. But I have a saying.

"You do not have to be smart to own a Porsche" I coined this years ago dealing with the Porsche Club, been a member for over 30 years. Of course anyone could change the name of car in the saying. Be careful if a carrera takes you on, might end a little different.

mike[8D][&:]

Old 08-09-2004, 01:10 AM
blackmagnumrt
Professional

The Boxter "S" is a 3.2L that posts pretty good (5.7 sec 0-62mph) numbers. The top end? 164mph! You're right, if he had chosen to wind it out, he would have easily outpaced me.

I think I'll take your advice and hold off on Carrera's though...

Nick

Old 08-09-2004, 01:13 AM
fullauto

I was sitting at a light when an older fella on a 6 cylinder Gold Wing (yes, I said Gold Wing) said, "Hey is that a Hemi in there?"

I responded "yes". He said, "want to run them?" I thought to myself... I'm about to race a Gold Wing. What the Hell.

Light turned green, and I just rolled on the power. This guy was banging gears and not once did he ever get past my drivers side door. We went up to about 100mph when I let off the gas. We hit the next light and he said, "**** that things fast!". I said, "yes, it is."

Tim

Old 08-09-2004, 02:39 AM
chily3
Rookie

[&o]OOOPS need to read the posts better missed the "S" part.

mike[&:]

Old 08-09-2004, 03:47 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

I was on my way home, in the left turn lane, behind a Ford pickup that was towing an empty race car trailer. As we made our turn onto the 4 lane road, I pulled into the right hand lane to pass him (I hate being behind trailers). Mr Ford didn't like this and he must have floored the go pedal, his turbo diesel truck was blowing out black smoke from the exhaust. Usually I would just drop back behind him, but his actions ticked me off. So I floored my RT to give him a run, no problems, passed him easily.

I believe that turbo diesels are pretty quick, but not for our RT.

The road narrows down to just 2 lanes a mile down the road, so Mr. Ford had to stay behind me (no passing lanes).

HaHa,

Bob 64

Old 08-09-2004, 04:14 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man. How dare you guys pick on these Porsche and turbo deisel trucks. Shame on you.[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 08-09-2004, 08:11 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

"Killed" a BMW yesterday on the way home from work. He spotted me from about 2 blocks away behind me and gassed it so he could end up beside me at a long red light. He sat and revved his engine for the better part of a minute. I drive the same route home everyday and I've got the timing of the lights down to the second. Needless to say, when the light finally changed I got the jump on him and he backed off after only two blocks. Not the most satisfying "kill", but these days it's getting harder and harder to find somone to play with....

Old 08-09-2004, 09:34 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

so dusty wut is/was your most satisfying kill

Old 08-09-2004, 10:29 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

on my way to hockey last night, i was sitting at a stop light, first in my lane, and i relized that the vehicle next to me was revving..i glanced over, and it was a maybe late 90s cherokee. he had the full-out tough guy lean, hat sideways, he puts one hand ot his face, and flips his sunglasses up, and gives it one more rev. i did nothing. the light turned green, and i drove away from him until i hit about 105, and i got off it...well, he comes flying past me, and i downshift and cacth up, and run side by side at about 90 until we hit a decent turn, and i eased into it, he eased out. he pulled up behidn me at the next light, and now i was revving like crazy...the light turned green, and he rode my bumper for about a mile untl we got into open road, but enaring a light, which was red, i pulled down to second gear, but i saw the cross light turned yellow, so when the light turned green, i was in the middle of 3rd gear, and i easily pulled him from a roll...we got further down the road, and he pulled along me, and i gave him the thumbs up, and he just turned with no response.
i also had a fun run coming home from work the other day. he was in a 2002 stratus RT sedan, and it wasnt much of a race as it was a follow the leader through traffic at moderate speeds. im pretty sure i know who he is, and have spoken with him on some of the all stratus forums, and when he went to exit, he gave me a hearty thumbs up.

i seem to enjoy the race alot more when i win, of course...but i also like when the other guy loses, and is cool about it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any "kills" to share?