Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Turn Signals, Hazards, Brake Lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 10:36 PM
89ramcharger.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I have a 89 ramcharger and have no turn signals, i have lights in the back but no brake lights when pedal is pressed BUT if I turn hazard lights on my right turn blinker will blink if i wiggle the hazard switch around. All connections are good, I have all new fuses and flasher checks out ok, anybody ran into this problem on this model ramcharger before?

Old 03-10-2015, 09:26 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Moving this to the correct section for you.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:24 PM
The War Wagon
Professional
Exclamation

My turn signals gave up the ghost the other day. JUST so everyone with the factory Wagner 536 fuse knows;

- this was replaced with the 577
- the 577 was replaced, with the Tridon LF-12

So I figure I'll let the Autozone staff earn their check after searching fruitlessly for a while. The little counter babette asked, "That's a Dodge CHARGER?"

"No maam - 'RAMCHARGER.'"

So I'm watching her run the screens on her cash register, and notice, she's looking through CARS. So I tell her, "It's a truck."

"Oh - OK - I've never even heard of it."

ME: "When were you born?"

"1995."

O - kaaaaaaaaaaay...

So I figured it myself out by process of elimination. And yes, it DOES work.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:10 PM
95dodgeramfl

Originally Posted by tigerhornet
My headlights work fine, but the turn signals, hazard lights, and brake lights don't work. when i hit either the hazard light switch or the turn signal switch, absolutely nothing happens, no click, no indicator lights.

I had the same exact problem, i banged on the hazard switch and it all started working instantly. No hazards still but eh who needs em

Old 03-29-2015, 06:02 PM
frankieb55chevy
Default all new everything. .still nothing. blowing 15 amp fuse under hood..what now

Originally Posted by BlueBeast2
My guess would be the multi-function switch
I've replaced all the fuses relays brake switch multifunction switch and I still don't have brake turn or hazards signals?! I'm at a loss...and it is popping the 15amp fuse under the hood...anything you can share would be appreciated

Old 07-14-2015, 07:10 PM
Wayiam7200
Default 96 2500,

I tried the tapping of my switch and hazzard switch and all lights except hazzard are working

Old 11-27-2015, 12:19 PM
Pierre96

I figured what the heck? Took the cover off the column, sprayed some WD 40 and worked the hazzard switch, no luck. Tapped the hazzard switch with the handle of a screw driver, no luck. Then tapped with a small hammer, bingo! Everything's working!

Old 11-20-2016, 02:59 PM
Colinbeats
Default Hazards constantly blinking

I have a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 and I have recently out a new battery with new terminals in the truck. Afterwards, my hazards will go off when I park, open the door, and randomly go off when I'm driving. I need some help diagnosing this problem if anyone has an idea of what I should do. Thanks

Old 01-11-2017, 10:59 AM
JoshIlaoa
Default 2007 Dodge No Turn/Hazards/Rear Brake

2007 ram 1500... Lights come on in reverse and when headlights are on. However, when braking the rear cab light comes on without the others. Turning signals do not work as well as hazards. changed all rear bulbs and checked connections. I have heard of brake switch above the petal but the connections look okay as well as the cab light does work? Any ideas besides the expensive control module?

Old 02-23-2017, 09:41 PM
dodgefanatico

Hi guys. I wanted to put in my 2 cents, I was having the same problem with my 1996 dodge ram 2500, hazards, brake lights and turn signals did not work after replacing fuses, relays and checking everything I could think of I went and pulled out the 2 hazard flashers on driver side fuse panel put them back in, and voila everything stared working. hope this helps someone else in the future.

Quick Reply: Turn Signals, Hazards, Brake Lights not working