Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

lift on a ramcharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 07:46 PM
ds514
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lift on a ramcharger

hey everyone,i just got an '87 ramcharger,2wD and im thinking about putting a lift on it to give it that offroad 4wd look.Would a 3in lift do the job or should i go for a bigger lift.
thnx!

The following users liked this post:
richramfl (11-11-2022)
Old 06-01-2005, 03:44 AM
dmonpitbull
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lift on a ramcharger

Are you looking for a 4x4 look? are you looking for 4x4 performance? You can get a nice stance and some ok lookin tires under it with a 3 inch lift but if youre wanting to take it off road, you might want to either make yours a 4x4 or look for a 4x4 for sale. It all depends on what you want to do with your rig. Dan

Old 09-23-2005, 04:10 AM
Dodge4Life
Professional

The three inch lift is the stock lift for the 4x4 ramcharger, but i would kist go out and get a 4x4 ramcharger instead of making your 2wd one look like its a 4x4.

Old 11-20-2005, 07:12 PM
Rockhopper93

If making a 2wd look like a 4wd is what you want to do then go for it, Dodge placed a block in the rear for the 4wd modles and I happen to have my old ones if you want them, also I have a set of 5" block's if you want them, what you are doing is making a Ramcharger PreRunner, they are usually made from lighter truck's but I think it is cool, put a locker in the rear and fabricate a killer front end and go Baja. Let me know if you need anything, I even think I have a helper leef for the rear. as far as the front goes I have nothing but I am willing to help were I can.

Rockenram93@Hotmail.com

Good luck. [8D]

richramfl (11-11-2022)
Old 01-19-2006, 02:10 AM
dougsramcharger

ORIGINAL: ds514

hey everyone,i just got an '87 ramcharger,2wD and im thinking about putting a lift on it to give it that offroad 4wd look.Would a 3in lift do the job or should i go for a bigger lift.
thnx!
Hi ds514
I'm trying to do the same thing you are, lifting the rear end is the easy part but have been trying to figure out a way to lift the front end...being it's coil springs and was wondering if you had found a way.....I've thought about using coil springs from a 3/4 ton truck and see what kind of lift it gave me to start and then use spring spacers to acheive my final 3" lift on the front suspention which will give me a total lift of 6" to my 87 RamCharger since when I bought it and while changing the shocks I noted that there was a 3" body lift aready installed which started this hole thing, although my brother-in-law has told me to just try to find a trashed out 87 RamCharger 4x4 and pull it's old body off and do the suspention lift then and then set the body lift and drop my body on it, but I kinda like my 2wd and think it would be cool to jack it up Please advise if you have any news or have found a way.
Thx in advance
Doug

richramfl (11-11-2022)
Old 02-25-2006, 01:34 AM
jaxjeff

I am trying the same as ya'll but on a 92 ramcharger. Any luck? I don't want to try the 4x4 swap but what has been tried? anyone know of someone who has successfully raised a 2wd???

thanks

Old 02-26-2006, 06:49 PM
28this
Veteran

I had an 84 2wd with the 3" body lift on it and yes everyone thought it was 4x4 from its appearance. Here is a link to a 3" body lift under $100 for a 74-90 Ramcharger/traiduster Body Lift. As for your '92, I haven't found one yet. I don't know if the same kit will work on yours or not. With the exception of a little cometic work on the '90 model Ramchargers, body wise, I don't think there is a difference to where the same body lift wouldn't work.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:48 AM
wsmmwx
Banned
Old 06-21-2021, 05:39 PM
chlngr
Post Lifting info?

Hi! I'm hoping this thread is still alive.
I just picked up a 1975 Trailduster. It's been lifted, looks like a 4-inch lift, but it appears to be a bad job. Seller had no information about it, s here I am. The front is just the springs, no blocks. The back has a 3 or 4" block, and I know the springs aren't stock 'cause a found a "FRONT" sticker on one.
#1 is the ride height and quality. As I've read here, it rides like the inside of a basketball. On a washboard road I worry it'll bounce me right off. What I'd like to do is identify more or less what I have so I have a chance to sell the springs. Then find a set that has an appropriate ride, with a 2-4" total lift.
#2 is the rear differential angle. It looks like it's been shimmed - the U-joint yoke points way up. I think I've read here it's not a good idea to shim the diff., just to let the driveshaft do its job. But I will need to know how to get the diff back to the correct angle.
Please let me know if anyone here has some knowledge on this. Thanks!

Old 06-22-2021, 09:50 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Most of the time, on the rear, the blocks themselves will have an angled edge, to correct driveline angles. Either that, or there will indeed be a shim in there. You actually WANT to do that, else you overstress the u-joints, due to the angle they are trying to operate at.

How are the Shocks??

Quick Reply: lift on a ramcharger