Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

88 Ramcharger rebuild problema and Qs.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2023, 01:20 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 576 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparite
Occasionally i get stuck behind some lowered ricer(with the wheels tilted in at the top) that has to nearly stop at every bump in the road. And around here they don't fix anything just put patches over it. So they drive like 20 mph top speed. If you are going to lower a vehicle do it the right way and not sitting on the bump stops. Saw a T bucket yesterday and where he was driving there is a bump(a seem that has lifted up) and the whole back went air borne. My tax dollars NOT at work.

I don't know where you're located, but here in Southern Indiana (and Southern Illinois) we get cold, but it doesn't STAY cold. Michigan and Northern Indiana gets colder, but it stays cold. Here, it's freeze and thaw all winter. I've seen smooth roads go to pot holed messes in less than a week. We miss the worst of the salt rust, but we do get some. I'm right on the edge of the rust belt.

Old 08-08-2023, 07:12 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 352 Likes on 331 Posts

Well i'm in the rust belt so ice/salt we see all winter. I can also say they don't put salt down where it is needed. There is a "T" i come to going to work and it goes down hill. If you don't stop you slam into the guard rail. If you go threw the guard rail you go down hill into a stream. It's not a heavily traveled road but still dangerous.

Old 08-08-2023, 09:47 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 576 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparite
Well i'm in the rust belt so ice/salt we see all winter. I can also say they don't put salt down where it is needed. There is a "T" i come to going to work and it goes down hill. If you don't stop you slam into the guard rail. If you go threw the guard rail you go down hill into a stream. It's not a heavily traveled road but still dangerous.

Go to North Dakota, at least back in the 1970's when I drove a truck up there, and they just put sand and gravel down.

Old 08-13-2023, 03:38 PM
CJR345
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
I ran 33's on my '84 W150 but to go with 35's, a 2 inch lift and maybe wheels with the off set sitting out a little farther so they don't rub at full lock. If you wan to get some BIG tires, you might want to go ths route.

I decided on the 4 inch just to make sure so it is already ordered in. I was wondering if y'all knew how much the body weighs without anything in it or attached to it no windows as well. We are looking to pull it off on mine just trying to figure out how we are going to complete it.

Old 08-13-2023, 04:44 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,211 Likes on 2,962 Posts

It ain't light. Six big guys might be able to do it. (minus the front clip, of course.)

Old 08-14-2023, 06:47 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 352 Likes on 331 Posts

Might be able to lift it with two cherry pickers. One in front and one in the back.

Quick Reply: 88 Ramcharger rebuild problema and Qs.