1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Back hatchdoor Compatability

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013 | 12:02 PM
GreenBayGuru
|
Rookie
Default Back hatchdoor Compatability

I got 2 questions really about the back hatch door.

I found a black one in mint condition down south, its off a 2002 Durango SLT, along with the black back bumper cover.

I have a 98 Durango with the R/T kit, my question is will this door from a 2002 slt fit on my truck along with the bumper cover, Also I have grey stripes that I would need to replace on the new hatchback & how do you go about that?

body shop?, D.I.Y.?

Thanks again.

Old 03-02-2013 | 12:13 PM
Sooper
Captain

All body panels, doors, and hatches are the same for the Gen1 Durango.

If the stripes are vinyl, you can do them yourself with some careful prep, measuring, and installation videos are found easily online like YouTube and such. Just watch a few videos, take notes, and give it a try. It's easier than you think to apply vinyl.

Old 03-02-2013 | 01:12 PM
Compactc9
Veteran

It will fit, you'll have to change the wiring harness and wiper motor though.

Old 03-03-2013 | 12:24 PM
GreenBayGuru
|
Rookie

are those parts I could harvest from my exsisting hatchback?

Old 03-03-2013 | 02:32 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

yes they are parts that you should have in your truck, the interior plastic will also not match up, but once again you have those parts, will just have to swap them over

Old Yesterday | 05:39 PM
Kyle1990

Originally Posted by Sooper
All body panels, doors, and hatches are the same for the Gen1 Durango.

If the stripes are vinyl, you can do them yourself with some careful prep, measuring, and installation videos are found easily online like YouTube and such. Just watch a few videos, take notes, and give it a try. It's easier than you think to apply vinyl.
I have a question but have no idea how to start a thread, I want to know about 2nd gen ram and 1st Gen Durango panels

Old Yesterday | 10:01 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Click the "New Thread" button. (it red, on the left side, right above the thread listings.) Fill in the title, type your questions, click Post.

Please include what information you are actually looking for. There are a lotta panels on those.... I don't think many, if any at all, are interchangeable, if that's what you are looking for.

Old Yesterday | 10:05 PM
Kyle1990

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Click the "New Thread" button. (it red, on the left side, right above the thread listings.) Fill in the title, type your questions, click Post.

Please include what information you are actually looking for. There are a lotta panels on those.... I don't think many, if any at all, are interchangeable, if that's what you are looking for.
I know that they aren't an exact fit because of the headlight notch, really what I was trying to find out if the 2nd gen ram fenders are wider than the 1st Gen Durango fenders and if at least 4 to 6 bolt holes align, I can fab the rest. My rig is highly modified and I've got tons of fabrication work into it. I want to widen my body around the wheel wells without losing the body lines and style.

Quick Reply: Back hatchdoor Compatability