1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

''1972'' Dodge D200 Ram 5.9L Crew Cab in Ireland

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM
Danoh442
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ''1972'' Dodge D200 Ram 5.9L Crew Cab in Ireland

Hi all, I'd be very grateful for some advice on a recent purchase.

This was described as and is registered in Ireland as a ''1972'', can anyone tell me if it really is? Cause when I look for similar pick-ups online, this looks far more like an early to mid 80s vehicle.

It was first registered in Ireland in 2013. To benefit from much cheaper classic tax and registration, a vehicle in Ireland needs to be at least 30 years old, so at the time a 1983 or older.

I'm suspicious that it might be for example be a 1985 like this one: https://www.worldwidevintageautos.co...5-dodge-pickup

Can anyone clarify this for me? I need to know for ordering parts.

I have a '69 Ford and this interior does look a little newer but not so new that I was suspicious.

Another possibility is that it got some kind of modernisation face-lift along the way. It's the headlights and grill that got me wondering.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Danoh442; Yesterday at 09:35 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM
Danoh442

Just a follow up. The registration certificate shows the old licence plate number which is given as ''RMW250Y'' which looks a little bit like code for something? Also, here some images of it in 2015 when it was blue.

Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM
dodgetruck2
All Star
Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts

Definitely closer to an 82

The RMW250Y I'm guess means Ram (RM) 4x4 (W) 250 (3/4 Ton) the Y I'm not sure about Ram designated 4x4 as W and 2x4 as D followed by the model.

The MPH dash would indicate it was built for the american roads and exported. So it should have a VIN, if you post that we might be able to decipher some more.

Dash and grill indicate closer to an 82 though, the picture you're seeing of a 72 are probably correct.

Last edited by dodgetruck2; Yesterday at 06:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Danoh442 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM
Danoh442

Thanks dodgetruck2, I appreciate the quick response. I'll look for a VIN in the morning and post it. It was indeed built for the States, I've never seen anything like it on Irish roads, it's way too big and thrsty, only a classic American car enthusiast would have one here. Thanks again.

Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM
dodgetruck2
All Star

I just realized it is not a 4x4 truck so im not sure on the W, that is a sweep truck though, dont see the 4x4 long box very much in that body style. The full diamond tread box is pretty sweet too with the roll bar, would be unique on our roads too

Danoh442 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM
Danoh442

Thanks again dodgetruck2. It is a rear 2WD so it must be a legit 'D'. Hopefully when I grab that VIN it'll tell all. I didn't know the name for the bed lining, diamond tread, cool name. I was saving for a smaller 50s Ford pickup when this came up and I took a gamble.

Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,335 Likes on 3,077 Posts

VIN should be on the drivers side, in the dash, near the base of the windshield. Should be able to see it, and read it... standing next to the truck, just in front of the drivers door.

I didn't even know Dodge MADE a 4 door truck in the 80's......

Danoh442 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM
Danoh442

Thanks HeyYou. So, I can't see the VIN. I looked around the drivers door inside too, nothing. Thanks.

Last edited by Danoh442; Yesterday at 09:22 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM
dodgetruck2
All Star

That bed liner had to cost some change back in the day, that's pretty sweet with the tool box and everything. Its not diamond tread that we're used to these days, at least in the states, I think that was how it was made back in the day though

Danoh442 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM
dodgetruck2
All Star

Here's a couple pictures from my 82? (I think) D150 \6 4spd for comparison, looks like the same grill and interior to me. I don't own it anymore so i cant verify year for certain.

Danoh442 (Yesterday)

Quick Reply: ''1972'' Dodge D200 Ram 5.9L Crew Cab in Ireland