Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 02:48 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI Rob,

Thanks , we will definitely work on the installation instructions to improve them.

Flickering for the first 5-10 secs is normal as long as it stabalizes after that. Thanks!

Michelle

Originally Posted by BigBlueEdge
Just some feedback that your kit's instructions could be a bit more clear and specific. I installed two kits Saturday and it was a guessing game trying to figure out how the 2-prong connector should attach to the ballast. Seems like it could go either way, supported by the instructions for certain kits that indicate you reverse the polarity if you have problems, but I was using the capacitors on my low beams and the cap instructions say you'll fry them if you get the polarity wrong.

A better wiring diagram with pictures that match the actual wiring more closely would be appreciated.

As a side note, one of my low beams flickers briefly after being turned on. Is that normal?

Thanks,
Rob

Old 06-09-2010, 02:50 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Due to increasing number of HID inquiries, please allow me 24-48 hrs (excluding weekends and holidays) to respond to your PM, thread replies or Email.

All orders placed before 3pm PST yesterday have been shipped.

All Kits are shipped Priority mail 3-4 business days (give or take 1-2 days due to holiday delays)

All bulbs and accessories (non kit orders) are shipped First Class Mail which takes about 4-7 business days (give or take 1-2 days due to holiday delays)

Ordering Instructions:

1.) Go to this link to check on bulb type
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

2.) Then go to www.hidextra.com and choose the (BULB TYPE AND COLOR)

3.) Use Express checkout

4.) Input coupon code: fspecial-m to get $15 off the kit price
Input coupon code: tenpercentoff-m to get 10% off bulbs only, ballast or accessories

5.) IF you are purchasing more than one kit, please do SEPARATE transactions for EACH kit in order to get discount on all kits.

6.) Please note in additional comment area “Purchased two kits, want free license plate frame”

Any questions, please email me @ info@hidextra.com

Thanks for all your support and business!!

MIchelle
Hidextra.com
info@hidextra.com
860-821-8212

Other Coupon codes :divingspecial ($50 off diving lights)
50percentoff-m (50% off flashlights)
fspecial-m ($15 off HID kits)
tenpercentoff-m (10% off all bulbs, ballasts, etc.)

Old 06-09-2010, 10:22 PM
carbonjuicd
Professional

are the ballasts supposed to get hot? Have my full kit ready. I don't want to get the polarity wrong.

michelle can you post a better pick of instructions so the polarity is matched correctly? Anyone?

Old 06-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Styx
Amateur

Hi Michelle what's the process for getting a new bulb. One of mine went out last night??? They are the 8000 for my 02 dodge Ram...

Old 06-11-2010, 02:57 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Yes, the ballast gets hot from the inside temperature of the car, not from the ballast itself, if your lights are on, the polarity is correct, the lights will simply not turn on if the polarity is wrong and that's fine. we cannot supply a polarity match because every car is different and our wires are universal.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by carbonjuicd
are the ballasts supposed to get hot? Have my full kit ready. I don't want to get the polarity wrong.

michelle can you post a better pick of instructions so the polarity is matched correctly? Anyone?

Old 06-11-2010, 02:57 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Hi Everyone! Just want to notify you all that it's been great working with you!! Starting next monday I have been moved to the wholesale department of the company and will no longer be with HIDeXtra!! My colleague here "Karen" will be taking over and she is as good in customer service as me! Thanks for your continuous support and business!

Michelle

Old 06-11-2010, 02:58 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

HI,

If you are still under warranty, email me your order # and full name to info@hidextra.com and I'll get you warranty instructions. Thanks!

Michelle

Originally Posted by Styx
Hi Michelle what's the process for getting a new bulb. One of mine went out last night??? They are the 8000 for my 02 dodge Ram...

Old 06-11-2010, 02:59 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Hi Everyone! Just want to notify you all that it's been great working with you!! Starting next monday I have been moved to the wholesale department of the company and will no longer be with HIDeXtra!! My colleague here "Karen" will be taking over and she is as good in customer service as me! Thanks for your continuous support and business!

Michelle

Old 06-11-2010, 09:51 PM
plumcrazy73
Captain

so is she going to get the problems with the kits fixed, the radio reception problems that is or is that still up to the customers to fix?

Old 06-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Styx
Amateur

Ok... Hi Karen, I was wondering about warranty on the bulbs as it turns out my bulb is not out but when I start my truck up the light out warning comes on and the over head says left low beam even tho the head lights are not on just the DRL's (I'm in Canada) wich run off the hi beam. They are both on. When I turn on the headlights even for a short time the warning lights go out and all is ok. It doesn't happen every time but more often then not...
What are the possibilities???

Cheers Randy...

I have only had them in the truck for a couple months now...

Quick Reply: HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members