Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 08:15 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Then do like I did and order an extra set of bulbs ($10-15) off ebay and have them in 2-3 days. Where can you buy HID bulbs locally? You cant get them anywhere here and if you did im sure they would be expensive. Ive learned to keep extra parts. I have extra an extra HID bulbs for the wifes Mini (D2S in 6k) and one for my truck (9007 in 6k). I also have extra harness and relay for mine because you never know what is going to happen or where

Old 02-03-2011, 06:38 PM
plumcrazy73
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure without either build sheet or pic of exact truck

Old 02-04-2011, 04:55 PM
poweredbymopar
Default Im a little confused

So I want to purchase a set of Hi/Lo 9007 for my 2004 SLT Ram. What do I need? obviously I will need the 9007 Kit, but do i need to order the "relay Harness" or any other things. I am just a little confused based on reading all the different situations that people have had. I just want to know what exactly i need to get some quality lights!

Thanks!

Old 02-04-2011, 07:36 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

You need the 9007 bi-xenon kit, the relay harness (although it should come with it) and the caps or resistors to keep them from flickering

Old 02-05-2011, 07:31 AM
drought_buster
Rookie

I have had the H11 HID bulbs(6,000K) in my truck for about 14 months now. I noticed this morning that one of the bulbs looks like it's got a heat range of 3,000K now. Do you think the bulb is going bad or the ballast is going bad? Please advise.

Edit: There is no flickering, and I can see the bulb is "heating up" and is still goes to max intensity. No issues, but I can visually see a difference when I view the lights on the garage door.

Last edited by drought_buster; 02-05-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:28 AM
mdram43
Record Breaker

weed- i find it a little absurd to have to keep extra parts laying around because a companies product might go to junk. I never had any back ups or problems with my kits for my bikes that i bought from ddmtuning. I would have bought from them except they didnt have the bulbs for my truck, and i figured I would give HIDextra a chance since they are still on this forum.. but beyond dissappointed with all this, and especially with having to keep some back up products?

im a contractor, and if I built you a house, a deck, even repaired a hole in your wall, would you keep the extra materials incase what I did failed? hahaha hellll noooo

its a little crazy. I get where your coming from, and that a bulb is way different than a deck, but for HIDextra to have been on here as long as they have been and for dodgeforum to still allow them to advertise on here, I am definitely expecting a better product and better service.

not to mention ddmtuning offers a lifetime warranty on their HIDs

Last edited by mdram43; 02-08-2011 at 02:32 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by drought_buster
I have had the H11 HID bulbs(6,000K) in my truck for about 14 months now. I noticed this morning that one of the bulbs looks like it's got a heat range of 3,000K now. Do you think the bulb is going bad or the ballast is going bad? Please advise.

Edit: There is no flickering, and I can see the bulb is "heating up" and is still goes to max intensity. No issues, but I can visually see a difference when I view the lights on the garage door.
You can swap the bulb/ballast to the other side to see if the problem follow the bulb or ballast to see which one is defective.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:46 PM
MrCrash
Veteran

This past week one of my foglight bulbs died, and my driver side headlight developed a habit of almost turning off then strobing back to life as it refires whenever I hit a really big bump or pothole. Not sure if it's the bulb or the ballast, but I'm not dealing with it until I remove the headlights for a projector swap and all Morimoto HID gear. It only does it once in a while, so I just dodge the big bumps.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:13 PM
RoadRashRon
Amateur

all these problems and no real solutions? Does anyone have HID's that work all the time as they are suppose to?

Old 02-23-2011, 12:27 PM
MrCrash
Veteran

Mine worked perfectly until last week. Then they all decided to turn to crap at once.

Quick Reply: HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members