Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 12:45 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdram43
MY FOG LIGHT JUST DIED TODAY! not even 2? 3? WEEKS!!!!!!!!!! what the hell is wrong with your guys products???? i have not had one go to $h!t yet.

last name ross zip code 20855
Please email us at info@hidextra.com and we will get you replacement!

Old 01-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Travelin man
Amateur

I have been reading all the post about these HID Kit I'm still a little confussed . I have a 2005 Ram so if I want hid for my high and low beam and also for my driveing light I would have to get 3 kits one for my high beams and one for my low beams and another for the fog light . So long story short 2 kits for bulb 9007 for high and low and the 3rd. 9006 kit for the fog lights and a ( special wire ) to so the flickering/lamp out on the dash problem would not happen. is this correct ? If this is correct it would stand to reason to order all three kits individually in order to get a bigger discount .

Old 01-28-2011, 01:12 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

^^^ Where are you located in GA?

With an 9007 headlight, you need ONE HID it for that but in the bixenon kit which is highs and low just like you have it now in your head light assembly.

Think about it, if you have two 9007 kits, where would you put the second one in the headlight??

So you need one 907 bi-xenon kit for the headlights (with the cancellers) and one 9006 kit for the fogs.

So two kits total ok?

Check out this thread if you have issues

Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...

Old 01-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Travelin man
Amateur

Thanks man.
I'm in N. Ga. around Athens . So what does the cancellar do and what is it? So I take it the Bi-Xeon each ballist comes with 2 bulbs for each side ? I was thinking the kits I keep seeing only came with 2 bulbs since I have 2 bulbs for high and 2 for low . That is how I want to do mine replace each factory bulb with a HID . Don't know if that makes sence.

Last edited by Travelin man; 01-28-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Boa24
Rookie

Originally Posted by Boa24
I dont know what I was thinking when I ordered mine. I somehow ordered 2 of the wrong kits. If someone wants a 9006 6000k kit or a H13 Bi-xenon kit, let me know. Im in the military and have been gone alot , so I havent had a chance to install these. Since i bought these over 60 days ago, they wont let me exchange them, so I need them gone. $50 each shipped.
Just got back from Afghanistan,still have these. No use for them. $40 shipped.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:42 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by weedahoe
This has nothing to do with the company. Calm down. Ive bought brand new things from various places and stores and it not work right or at all. I had a brand new Xbox once that dies within a week. I took it back and got another and have had that one for over three years.

Point it you are getting upset for no reason and it has nothing to do with who sold you the kit.

Anything electronically can be finicky. Get used to it and be nice when asking for warranty replacements
weed, i wouldnt expect u to remember back, but i bought 2 head light kits from them, spent somewhere in the time zone of 10-12 hours playing with them (multiple weekends) and could never get either to work. so i decided to give it another shot, and this.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:14 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mdram43
weed, i wouldnt expect u to remember back, but i bought 2 head light kits from them, spent somewhere in the time zone of 10-12 hours playing with them (multiple weekends) and could never get either to work. so i decided to give it another shot, and this.
Sorry bro but you are right. I dont remember. I go through too many threads a day to keep up....lol

But I understand the frustration. If it helps. I had a fog go out a few weeks after buying mine from a much more costly vendor. Everything is made overseas. Quality is chit.

Originally Posted by Travelin man
Thanks man.
I'm in N. Ga. around Athens . So what does the cancellar do and what is it? So I take it the Bi-Xeon each ballist comes with 2 bulbs for each side ? I was thinking the kits I keep seeing only came with 2 bulbs since I have 2 bulbs for high and 2 for low . That is how I want to do mine replace each factory bulb with a HID . Don't know if that makes sence.
Bixenon bulbs are ONE bulb that has high and low beam in it just like your OEM bulbs. So a bixenon kit normally comes with two ballast and two bulbs which is one each for each side. You do not have two bulbs for low and two more for high unless you have swapped your OEM headlight housings out for HALOGEN projector housings. But putting HIDs in those is not good as the projectors are made for halogens bulbs.

Since this is getting technical, PM me as this thread is not intended for this.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:04 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

emailed hidextra, you guys want me to mail my ballast in, then after them testing it, they will issue me a new one? so im looking at like atleast a week more like 2 in down time of a fog light? a little crazy, what if I had paid a shop to install them, etc?

i switched ballasts from my head light kit that hadnt been installed and the light is up and working again. but the fact that i have to pay to ship back a kit then wait on your company is insane

Old 02-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Boa24
Rookie

Originally Posted by Boa24
Just got back from Afghanistan,still have these. No use for them. $40 shipped.
UPDATE
i have the following kits in 6k :
H13 bi-xenon
H10
H11

$40 shipped. BNIB never installed.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:47 AM
pieracc87

hi guys, i buyed from HIDExtra.com this two kit "1 x High Beam - 1 x Low Beam ", but the dealer ask me if the truck have 2 or 4 headlamp, i dont know because my truck will arrive the next week, i have ordered 2010 dodge ram laramie 5.7 hemi...

You know how many headlamp have this model?

sorry for my not good english

Matteo by Italy

Quick Reply: HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members