Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 05:11 AM
bandroidx
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could i not just plug both side harness's into the stock lights and each would get power from the relay and the hi/lo logic from each side rather than from the extra relay? So instead of the passenger side stock plug not being used, i would use it to get the hi/lo signal same as the driver side. ?

Old 08-20-2011, 07:31 PM
bandroidx
Rookie

think i might try to install them tonight with the non bi-xenon harness and see what happens. hidextra, was this one sent to me as a mistake or does it work in some bixenon cases? If it was sent in mistake can you send me the correct one?

Old 08-22-2011, 04:56 AM
bandroidx
Rookie

Ok i see now why i need a bixenon harness, hidextra can you please send me the correct one? My order number ends in xx251 .

Can i use the non-bi-xenon harness for the time being if i only use the low beams?

thansk

Old 08-25-2011, 09:58 PM
bandroidx
Rookie

Ok, after speaking with hidsupport's phone support today, they explained that the new bi-xenon ballasts are can-bus safe and work fine without a relay harness. Further they said that the new bi-xenon kits work with a standard relay harness and dont require a bi-xenon relay harness. After inspecting the pigtail harness that comes with it, I see that they appear to be correct, the relay suplies the power and you plug the pig tail in to the passenger side headlight connector to just get the hi/lo signal. Either way I unforunately didnt get that far.

I started on the driver side, i hooked up the relay harness and connected it all properly and turned it on and i hear the relay just clicking. So then I am like **** I didnt have the fuse in the relay harness, so I put it in and now the lights are kicking on and off with the relay clicking. I am 95% sure this indicates a bad relay (not holding open) but I didnt have a spare, can you all confirm this would be probably just a bad relay?

So I hook it up directly to the head light for power (disabling the relay entirely) and it lit up perfectly. No strobing, no flicker, looked good. So it appears these new canbus safe digital ballasts are as good as they say. Still get light bulb out indicator but since I didnt use relays (i am 03) I expected this.

So I try the hi beam. This leads me to major problem #2

It starts making this clicking sound like it was hitting the top or bottom of the light. I quickly went back to low beam and it was fine. It appeared the bulb was notched and would only fit in one direction, but I guess not. I assume I put it in wrong but still dont see how it would hit anything if i did? Making it even more odd is that it appears I am low beam on when the low beams are on, (its pointing as the low beams did) but IDK. Any advice would be great. I thought also maybe its a bad unit as well and its not magnetically staying in place as it should and that is the clicking noise?

I am currently driving around with one hid and one halogen (wanted to get these issues worked out before ripping another headlight out), making me probably extra annoying lol, but it did give me a chance to compare the bulbs side by side, wow hid's make a world of difference! my 6k's are way more blue than i expected, i would probably go with 5k next time (wanted a crisp white with a tinge of blue)

Last edited by bandroidx; 08-26-2011 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Sixfilthy

I have a 2007 charger RT. Will this kit work for me? I've had way too many flickering and lamp outs! I'm sick of dealing with my headlamps. Just NEED something that ACTUALLY works.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:15 PM
hybridion

I tried to PM you, but your box was full. I was just wondering if the $60 shipped HID kit pricing is still in effect?

It's for a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:31 AM
BadHazard
Professional

I too am interested if the price is still $60.

Any feed back on the Rams?

Old 10-21-2011, 03:17 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Hello,

Thank you for taking interest in our products.

Yes our kit is $59.99 (free shipping within USA)
and we have an on going 10% OFF, coupon code is: newcust

Please visit www.hidextra.com

Thank you!

HIDextra

Old 10-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Teepler916
Rookie

Thinking about buying a set

Dodge Ram
Laramie

So the capacitors are 10$ more ??

Old 10-27-2011, 12:45 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Hello,

Thank you for taking interest in our products. Yes capacitors are $16. We have a 10% OFF promo, coupon code: newcust

And Our Halloween Sale will start tom, $20 OFF every $65 of purchase.

Thank you!

HIDextra

Quick Reply: HID Special $60.00 Shipped for Dodgeforum members