2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 11:00 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a roll of duct tape and 2 rolls of electric tape
buutttt...i had a 5 hour, 230 mile drive home, rough roads, and traffic suck btw, and didn't want 50 bucks of gas, along with my tank hitting the blacktop

Old 09-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Hey, I can figure out most stuff on my own! But I'm not "Normal."
And there you have it, folks, immortalized for posterity.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:47 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

most of us ain't normal

Old 09-12-2009, 03:47 AM
Oren09
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coulda used bailing wire. :P Always have to have a bundle of bailin wire and some duct tape in your truck.
My mom had an old 70s Ford and the entire exhaust system was held on with bailing wire. Lasted for several years
Oh, and I used some bailing wire to support a throttle cable housing on a 70 Jeep Wagoneer I had to cut to clear a frayed cable.
So many other times here and there. Just some southern engineering

Old 09-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeram07
whats everbody doing this weekend?...
working. all three days.

Originally Posted by 95MaroonMonster
other day, i walking out to my truck, and noticed my fuel tank hanging down about 10 inches, the rear strap had broken, and i was 5 hours away from my shop, i had 3 ratchet straps, one with a 12000 lb breaking force to hold it, it was ****in ghetto, all fixed up now
there is nothing wrong with rigging something up. when i pulled my friends gmc i had to use every ratchet strap i had to hold it on the car trailer. the tire straps were too short and to get the chains to reach i had to ratchet the truck toward the trailer to compress the springs enough to hook them up.
the thing that upset me was that the guy at the u haul place took the info on the truck pulling the trailer (mine) and the truck going onto the trailer but the pc didn't pop up a red flag saying that it was too big. i also had to let almost all of the air out of the front tires just to get the back tires off of the ramps.
here, have a picture:

i have a couple more stories too.

when i got my thunderbird the rear brake lines were leaking so i cut a couple pennies and used them between the fitting and the master cylinder to plug the lines so i could drive it home.

on the t bird i had a coolant hose spraying all over the place so i stopped, cut a couple inches off the end, clamped it back down and didn't have another leak.

when i put true duals on that car i took the pipe off another t bird and laid it next to mine then proceeded to cut every bend so i could weld in some more pipe then welded the two together and put it back in place.

when i dropped the pipes to add the duals i couldn't get it loose at one manifold so i cut the pipe off and just welded it back on when i was done.

on my g/f's mustang i used duck tape to seal up a crack in the back window (plastic) and i also used it to seal some cracks in the convertible top.

on my sisters car i had to replace a fuel line in downtown Nashville so we could get to a bar. the snap in fitting broke on the fuel pump and it was leaking gas so i took the fitting off the low pressure line in the engine to fix it at the pump and used a piece of rubber hose with some hose clamps to replace the plastic line in the engine.

on my truck i had one of the vent visors come loose in Oklahoma so i stopped at walmart and got some 60 second epoxy to glue it back on.

on my sisters truck the cup holders hinge broke at the hole that snaps onto the cup holder itself and i used epoxy to stick a washer to it so now it won't fall down (if you are going to get air in your truck, make sure you close the cup holder first).

that's all i can think of for now but I'm sure I've got a few more rattling around in the back of my brain somewhere.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:50 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Who loves this Ram?
Name:  DSC_7850.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  87.3 KB

Old 09-12-2009, 05:04 PM
DODGEPWR
Veteran

Who loves this Ram?
'Drools all over keyboard'

Sexy truck,Would love to have it to play around in.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who loves this Ram?
Anybody with any sense.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:25 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

nice ram

oh ive got a few good ones

i towed my XJ home on a trailer that was a lil too short, the ramps were up against the rear bumper, being held up by a ratchet strap

when i had a wheel bearing go out on my truck, we picked up the front end with a tow strap hooked on the 3 point on the big green JD, and pulled it down the road to the shop, the strap broke....so we tied a knot in it and kept going....

.....i was on my way to the farm to fix it.....

.....the parts were sitting on the front seat......

......que homer simpson dohhh

we finally threw that strap away.....

......after it broke 2 more times, once pulling my dads old truck, and the other time, i was moving some timber we downed roadside by the farm, i was pulling it with the oliver 1850, i hooked onto a bigass tree trunk, and it started to pull it, the root ball found a hole, and snapped it
it took the 4-150 and a chain to move it, i tried with the 1850 and the chain, and the oliver just spun

we had a wagon full of corn, and were pulling it through a field up in michigan, and somehow the front gear on one side folded under, we left untill winter when the ground hardend up and could actually get a tractor to it without getting stuck
we pulled up to it with the JD 8320, which is a 215 horse FWA tractor, with duals on all 4 corners, we hooked to the wagon, and it pulled the front of the tractor off the ground, thats how frozen it was

we finally got the wagon out 2 years later, by tipping it over and burying the now rotten corn
the frame was shot, but the body was still fine, so we dismantled another wagon with the same frame, towed the frame up to the field, and using a backhoe, removed the body from the old frame, and placed it on the good frame, bolted it down, cut the junk frame in half, and put it in the wagon, and towed it home like that with dads truck, i getted to drive the tractor we also used

Old 09-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if a strap is frayed at all or if it has a knot in it then there is a good chance it will break. i was using my truck a couple months ago to keep tension on a tree that my friend was cutting so it wouldn't fall in the road and as soon as i breathed on the gas pedal in 4lo i snapped it at a knot.

you want to hear about southern engineering at its best? there are a couple farmers up the road from me that use school buses to haul tobacco from the fields. they cut the body off the bus right behind the drivers seat and put a big bin in it that is the length of the bus. they also have one that has an enormous water tank on it. they can haul 5 times as much tobacco at one time as all the guys that use wagons pulled by pickups.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread