1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

What are your future plans for your Dak?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 12:12 AM
totsie14
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find it funny I'm reading this now... I just put three whole days worth of work into my Dakota! Bought it back in April, and I'd say I'd put a good 10k on it already (school + horrible retail job + social life... yikes!), but I just did a good job putting on new hoses, repainting my valve cover's and getting new gaskets. I'm also trying out some Mobil 1 Synthetic High Mileage. Heater Hose looks sweet too; I drive a burgundy Dak and the heater hose is red... just looks kinda cool I guess!

Anyways, as far as future plans go, I bought a Lund Visor a while back and had it painted at a great price and I'd like to install it eventually. Only thing is that it's outdated, so I can't order a light kit for it; which sucks, but I'll probably fashion one myself I guess. I also wanna buff out a dent (My truck got hit in a parking ramp =/) and mayhaps have some bad rust spots on my doors looked at... and a NEW BUMPER! Mine is practically half falling off. It's a MI Dakota thing...

Old 12-29-2010, 04:38 AM
89newbie
Captain

Originally Posted by totsie14
I find it funny I'm reading this now... I just put three whole days worth of work into my Dakota! Bought it back in April, and I'd say I'd put a good 10k on it already (school + horrible retail job + social life... yikes!), but I just did a good job putting on new hoses, repainting my valve cover's and getting new gaskets. I'm also trying out some Mobil 1 Synthetic High Mileage. Heater Hose looks sweet too; I drive a burgundy Dak and the heater hose is red... just looks kinda cool I guess!

Anyways, as far as future plans go, I bought a Lund Visor a while back and had it painted at a great price and I'd like to install it eventually. Only thing is that it's outdated, so I can't order a light kit for it; which sucks, but I'll probably fashion one myself I guess. I also wanna buff out a dent (My truck got hit in a parking ramp =/) and mayhaps have some bad rust spots on my doors looked at... and a NEW BUMPER! Mine is practically half falling off. It's a MI Dakota thing...
Think you will be happy with the Mobil 1, I am pleased.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:18 PM
totsie14

Originally Posted by 89newbie
Think you will be happy with the Mobil 1, I am pleased.
Yeah 89newbie, my truck just seems to have been preforming way better since all the work I pit into it; it's not insanely noticeable, but enough to feel how much more power I'm getting for sure!

Those leaky gaskets definitely weren't helping lol!

Old 01-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Bump
Veteran

Like I said in another thread... I am in the middle of a debate to sell my 1 gen and get a 2nd gen 4 door because I could us the room for the kids, but dont really need to drop that kind of coin right now. So I was searching last night and cam across another good forum. I hate to broadcast other forums on a forum, but I really liked, what these guys call, the "Exploration Vehicles"

There are pages and pages of them here. And if I keep this dakota, this would be what I want to model mine after. Some cool stuff in here

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=675582

Old 01-04-2011, 11:46 AM
siggie30
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am debating keeping it streetworthy (ie interior, carpet, electronics) or just pushing it to drag truck status. I have allready decided to delete the radio, cruise control, efi, and A/C, but now that it is almost done with that portion, I am having a temptation to strip it down to race weight. I also have to replace the DS pan, luckily the easy section at the bend.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Adobedude
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by siggie30
I am debating keeping it streetworthy (ie interior, carpet, electronics) or just pushing it to drag truck status. I have allready decided to delete the radio, cruise control, efi, and A/C, but now that it is almost done with that portion, I am having a temptation to strip it down to race weight. I also have to replace the DS pan, luckily the easy section at the bend.
Race only gets my vote.

http://www.nmbuilder.com/Dakota_RT_mods.html

Quick Reply: What are your future plans for your Dak?