1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

wheel bearings

Old 05-14-2019, 04:03 AM
justvibin18
Default wheel bearings

my wheel bearings went bad on the front drivers side. so I bought them and plan on replacing them tomorrow. my questions are do you gotta take off the caliper to do the inside bearing? next question is what tools and socket sizes will I need because its parked on the side of the road I'm getting dropped off at it so I need to have everything with me that I am going to need. its a 93 2wd 3.9 btw. thank you in advance

Old 05-14-2019, 07:11 AM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

You will need to pull the rotor completely off to get the inner bearing. You also need to replace the bearing races, otherwise, you will be right back on the side of the road in relatively short order. You would be better off having the truck towed to where your tools are, rather than sitting on the side of the road, and discovering that you need another tool.......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wheel bearings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: