1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Roll call! Post up Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 09:30 PM
frustratedowner
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought this truck 2 days ago. It's a 92 Dakota, V8 Magnum. It has a shift kit that I really hate and will be posting about in another thread.

It has extremely low mileage on it, I don't know why, but I'm not complaining about that at all.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:47 PM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frustratedowner

I bought this truck 2 days ago. It's a 92 Dakota, V8 Magnum. It has a shift kit that I really hate and will be posting about in another thread.

It has extremely low mileage on it, I don't know why, but I'm not complaining about that at all.
nice it looks exactly like mine minus the rust and the cap

Old 12-11-2011, 09:56 PM
frustratedowner
Amateur

Quite similar, but a year apart.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:40 PM
caraudiocrazy5150
Default First Gen dakota double din install

Originally Posted by Crazy4x4RT
Nice. Give us the details on the mounting and did you have to cut the trim?
the dash does need to be cut as it is only a din and a half opening... one thing i did have to do was on the back bottom of the ac controls there are metal tabs i had to grind them flat and as for mounting just used backstraps and mounted to the factory holes.... one thing i did notice is that the bottom of that radio opening is slightly angled but my dd has different angles for the screen that i can set with some more mods u can make it sit flat was just a lil lasy i think it looks ok in my truck! the dash was orig the wood grain but i painted everything back because i had to mod the dash.... looks better black any ways.

kenwood excelon dnx-8120
focal 165 kf components in front
jl audio vr 6.5 components in rear in stock location
kenwood excelon x600f 4 channel
kenwood excelon x1200m mono block
2 kenwood excelon xw1224d 12 inch subs in speced ported box

Old 12-19-2011, 11:18 AM
DirtyHarry83
Amateur

Here is my 94 Dakota

Side

Name:  IMG_0240.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  164.1 KB

Back

Name:  IMG_0239.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  86.0 KB

I recently added the 7pin connection. It's not a true 7 pin yet. I need to add Electric brake controller and the 20 amp line.

Front

Name:  IMG_0242.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  99.5 KB

Old 12-19-2011, 11:29 AM
DirtyHarry83
Amateur

I recently replaced the Head liner. I only took one picture because it was cold and I had limited time to finish the work. I do plan on banging out the dent in the right rear. I have some minor rust in the bottom of both front panels. It rusted through thanks to the person that owned it prior to myself. He parked it under a pine tree and never cleaned out under the hood cowl? Not sure what to call it but I cleaned it out 2 years ago (now I do it every spring.) and pulled 3 + LB's of dirt and pine needles. Tempted to put up some nylon screening under the cowl.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:33 AM
maine express
Default 1987 dakota

here is the link to my gallery pics i added of my 1987 dakota express https://dodgeforum.com/forum/members...ure33589-a.jpg

Old 12-22-2011, 06:52 AM
89newbie
Captain

Originally Posted by DirtyHarry83
I recently replaced the Head liner. I only took one picture because it was cold and I had limited time to finish the work. I do plan on banging out the dent in the right rear. I have some minor rust in the bottom of both front panels. It rusted through thanks to the person that owned it prior to myself. He parked it under a pine tree and never cleaned out under the hood cowl? Not sure what to call it but I cleaned it out 2 years ago (now I do it every spring.) and pulled 3 + LB's of dirt and pine needles. Tempted to put up some nylon screening under the cowl.
Where did you find the headliner? I pulled what was left of mine on the 94 and and bought 2 rolls of stuff to do the job because it matches the interior, but a form fit headliner would be great. Mrs. Newbie's 89 needs one also. Man the quality difference of the material is amaizing. The 94's was crap but the 89 is still great but sagging. Thanks for the help

Old 12-22-2011, 08:42 AM
DirtyHarry83
Amateur

The fiberglass foam board wasn't damaged on my truck, just the foam backed fabric. I got the foam backed fabric kit and it came with a can of adhesive. The old fabric came right off without issue. I took a soft brush to the old glue and left over foam. I also learned that when re applying glue, wait 4-5 minutes for it to setup otherwise you don't have a tacky surface for the material to adhere.

I got everything from
http://www.yourautotrim.com/

*Note the cans of adhesive are BIG. You shouldn't need two cans for 1 job. I probably have 1/3rd of the can left maybe more.

Sorry for any confusion. If your board is bad then I'd suggest checking out
http://www.jcwhitney.com/headliner-k...d412j1s21.jcwx .

Also you can go to a you pull it and see what's available.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:38 AM
89newbie
Captain

ai'm going to have to take a closer look. When I took out the unglued rotten fabric all kind of black dust came down which I took to be mold. I bought a big can of 3M adheasive and I have the fabric but I will look at your sources don't want to do this twice.

Quick Reply: Roll call! Post up Pics!!!