1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Fuel Gauge, already have bed off

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 01:20 AM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you get the underside of the frame? after my court date i'm saving up to get new pistons for my motor, but i got a friend who works for milwaukee paint who is going to get me a couple of 5gal buckets of paint so i can't give the whole truck a complete once over from the ground up...fun project.

oh and too bad it was the board and not the float...

Old 07-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Deerkiller9991
Veteran

its funny though because you can get the card from advance auto parts if you have the part number....its like CP7583 for only $17.00. the dealership wanted $99 for the card and the float. but my contacts needed to be bent to. i didnt do ther underside but i did the sides and top, i figured i could do the bottom with the box on later. so we'll see how long the solder holds up, if not i already ordered that piece.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Deerkiller9991
Veteran

Originally Posted by shadowthedakota
to fix your guage, all you probly would have to do is clean the contacts on the float. the only thing i'm unsure of is the low fuel light, since mine doesn't work and i can
t figure it out(changed the bulb and suck with no luck)

figured that out too

Name:  DSCI0119.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  81.5 KB

the right side of the "card" with the electric parts on it. the curve farthest from the plugs is the low fuel light. it the little lines (points or whatever their called) only go up to where it looks like theirs one missing, the rest are just useless. but once it gets down to where their actually connected, it turns the light on. my bored has a hairline crack right on the "C" in carter down throught the resistor, seperating the two boards and that caused this whole problem...connecter were a little loose too.

Name:  DSCI0105.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  71.5 KB

Quick Reply: Fuel Gauge, already have bed off