1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

My Truck....

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 11:59 PM
Shelbyfan
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

18 is still a wee little kid

Old 10-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Dakotaboy87
Professional

Originally Posted by Shelbyfan
18 is still a wee little kid
I'm a big kid now lololololol especially sense I don't have my parents money (Like everyone else I know of) it was hard enough to restore my last pick up, but I have had many compliments on it and my knowledge.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Dakotaboy87
Professional

Went out and tightened up some vac lines with clamps, seems to run a tad bit better. Back at it tomorrow. Looking carb is gonna get an overhaul also, gaskets looks like its seen better days lol

Old 10-22-2012, 08:39 AM
Dakotaboy87
Professional

http://www.carburetor-parts.com/Holl...Kit_p/4204.htm

Would that be the correct rebuild kit for a carb?

Old 10-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Dakotaboy87
Professional
Old 10-23-2012, 12:03 PM
oldiebutgoodie
Rookie

Sorry Dakotaboy for the delay. I have been working hard long hrs lately and haven't had a chance to get on here.... But First, I will say that you hit the nail right on the head when you said your a man because you "dont have your parents money anymore", in my book that is what OFFICIALLY makes anyone a MAN, when you hold your own!!! from here on out its good ol life itself and years that give a man experience.....But Anyhooo....Truck looks good man!!! I like the two tone red & white. looks like you got some aluminum rims on her to!!
I guess the pic of the rubber grommet didnt take? Is that the power booster grommet your talking about that's wiggling around? The 90 degree fitting that the hose hooks up to should be plastic, and then there should be the rubber grommet that that fitting slips into. If the fitting is loose in the grommet, then the grommet is BAD..the fitting should be nice and tight!! which would explain the vacuum leak and the hard brakes!! just get a new grommet for it and replace it (any auto parts store should have it in the HELP section) or if thats not an option, get some good 100% silicone and put a liberal amount around the fitting and let it TOTALLY dry before starting the truck (or it will just suck the silicone into the booster and keep leaking) I would just get a new one though and re-place it (proly like $7.00 bucks)....

Now for the carbie. did you get the numbers off it? and check to see if its included in the carb number chart of that kit? thats all you have to do...And dammm, $40.00 + bucks for a rebuild kit? sounds a little pricey to me, mine was twenty bucks! but then again, it is just an ol aspirated 2-barrel carb....but check around a little for a better price ( E-bay will have the best price on it if its on there.)

Old 10-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Dakotaboy87
Professional

http://s916.photobucket.com/albums/a...filter=noflash

That's the link to the grommet like thing I'm talking about. Also do you know where the carb numbers are located? I'm going to try an clean the IAC on the carb later on. If that's what it's called. Then get some small hose clamps and run some new vac lines also. Also thanks for all the help man! Appreciate it!!

Old 10-23-2012, 08:01 PM
oldiebutgoodie
Rookie

If my memory serves me right. You should have a holley 2-barrel on it. And the carb number should be about an inch or two under where the fuel line goes into it...or up on the top on the outside lip where the carb flap is. will be in one of those two places. Then with that number you can get the correct kit, and it should only run around $25.00 bucks.... From the pic I cant really tell what that grommet is attached to? but its defiantly not the one I thought you where talking about (power booster)...Is it the thing above the power steering pump to the right in your picture?
You might pick that up at a junk yard, or a stealership (dealership). They should not charge to much for it if its just that little rubber grommet piece....(unless they don't sell it separate from whatever its attached to!)

Last edited by oldiebutgoodie; 10-28-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Dakotaboy87
Professional

Yup it's the one thing above the power steering pump. Do you know what it is?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Dakotaboy87
Professional

Aright I got the carb number ( I think ) lol I found this number above the fuel line I think.... 4324652

Also I think this may be the IDC or however it's spelt. Not sure lol..but can I clean this or rebuild it perhaps? May it be the case of my erratic idle and "hard" staring and hesitating at approximately 25mph..

http://s916.photobucket.com/albums/a...filter=noflash

Quick Reply: My Truck....