Can anyone help with body mounts - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Dakota > 1st Gen Dakota Tech
Reload this Page >

Can anyone help with body mounts

1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Can anyone help with body mounts

Old 11-06-2018, 11:40 PM
Azboyinmi
Professional
Default Can anyone help with body mounts

I need to find replacement body mounts for my truck. I need 8 total, 2 for the core support, 6 for the cab, both upper and lower rubber pieces and upper and lower steel pieces. Damn things are 31 bucks on rock Auto, my budget is very limited

Old 11-06-2018, 11:44 PM
RalphP
Record Breaker

There are a few alternatives; but actually, $31 isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Do you have some old tires you could cut apart to make new bushings with? See https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...hallenged.html .

RwP

Old 11-07-2018, 08:27 AM
cd36c
Professional

What year is your truck? The only body mounts ive been able to find are polyurethane ones. I never saw oem stylenon rock auto before .

Old 11-07-2018, 10:50 AM
Azboyinmi
Professional

My trucks a 93. They have them on there. And no Ralph, not gonna use old tires lol. May go with poly but they don't come with the steel cups

Old 11-07-2018, 11:22 AM
Azboyinmi
Professional

Sorry, the ones I found are for a 2002 dak, but they're the exact same size. I had one left from my 02 and when I compared them to the ones for my 93 they're exactly the same. Most people don't realize that all the mount points, bolts, cab mounts are the same between 91-96 daks and the second d gens. You can actually bolt up a 2nd gen bed on ok uur 1st gen frames

Old 11-07-2018, 11:37 AM
RalphP
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Azboyinmi View Post
My trucks a 93. They have them on there. And no Ralph, not gonna use old tires lol. May go with poly but they don't come with the steel cups
Then read that, and the article covers the washers to replace the cups.

Best of both worlds.

But you don't need eight sets; there's two pairs under the body, and one pair at the core support on the 1st gens.

Check page 13-510 in the parts list; it shows where they are. Two pairs (right and left) for the cab, one pair (right and left) for the core support.

RwP

Old 11-07-2018, 11:51 AM
Azboyinmi
Professional

3 pairs plus core support. Mines an ext cab. I may just drop the extra cash on the rubber. Rubber will give the cab a bit of a softer ride than the poly. Which with my back is kinda important lol

Old 11-07-2018, 12:33 PM
RalphP
Record Breaker

*shrug* They don't show the extended cab as being different in the parts list.

But yah.

OTOH, if money is a problem find an old tire, and cut your own rubber out.

RwP

Old 11-07-2018, 01:15 PM
Azboyinmi
Professional

Money's always a problem lol. But I'm going to do some more research and see if I can find some for a lower price. Advance Auto has a dorman set that pops up for 19 each but it doesn't show what vehicle they fit. So I'm gonna call them and see if they can tell me what they fit

Old 11-07-2018, 02:38 PM
cd36c
Professional

Originally Posted by Azboyinmi View Post
Sorry, the ones I found are for a 2002 dak, but they're the exact same size. I had one left from my 02 and when I compared them to the ones for my 93 they're exactly the same. Most people don't realize that all the mount points, bolts, cab mounts are the same between 91-96 daks and the second d gens. You can actually bolt up a 2nd gen bed on ok uur 1st gen frames
That makes sense, I've seen them for second Gen. I wondered if they would fit I was gonna buy one set to test out. Good to know it will work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can anyone help with body mounts

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: