1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Trailmaster suspension upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 07:18 PM
Azboyinmi
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Trailmaster suspension upgrade?

So tearing out the rest of my interior so I can do the floor pans and rockers I pulled off the drivers sunvisor and found two factory stickers. one is the s.o.p. for the 4wd, the other is a warning sticker saying the truck has an upgraded "trailmaster" suspension for off-road use. Anyone shed some light on this for me?
also did anyone know the rear seat covers on the ext cab zip off so they can be washed? Just found d that out today.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:19 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Trailmaster made (makes?) lift kits and such for assorted trucks. Does your look like it was lifted????

Old 12-03-2018, 10:37 PM
Azboyinmi
Veteran

Nope, aside from my 3 inch body lift. I'll have to post a pic of the sticker on the visor. It's aged the same as the original sticker for operating the 4wd. And it's placed perfectly next to it like it was out on there by the factory. I know they make suspension parts .ut did Dodge do a factory/dealership order option for parts?

Old 12-04-2018, 09:23 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Azboyinmi
Nope, aside from my 3 inch body lift. I'll have to post a pic of the sticker on the visor. It's aged the same as the original sticker for operating the 4wd. And it's placed perfectly next to it like it was out on there by the factory. I know they make suspension parts .ut did Dodge do a factory/dealership order option for parts?
Not that I am aware of. Wonder if some previous owner put it on, just for show.......

Old 12-04-2018, 10:49 AM
Azboyinmi
Veteran

Not sure. I'll get a pic up in a bit. It looks like it was actually pressed on with a machine

Old 12-04-2018, 10:52 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Interesting. Maybe an email to dodge corporate would be in order.

Old 12-05-2018, 12:00 PM
Azboyinmi
Veteran
Old 12-06-2018, 09:28 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

That's wild. Wonder if a shop installed a lift when it was newish, and it was later removed?? So far as I know, dodge never offered anything of that nature.... (that I am aware of.....)

Old 12-07-2018, 12:47 PM
glenlloyd
Veteran
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
That's wild. Wonder if a shop installed a lift when it was newish, and it was later removed?? So far as I know, dodge never offered anything of that nature.... (that I am aware of.....)
Probably right. I would bet either 1) dealer did a demonstrator model with the suspension installed as a promo or 2) the dealer was asked to arrange for the install to happen (or actually did it in house) as part of a customer purchase agreement.

Would not be the first time a dealer installed non-OE options at request of a customer. Dealerships can pretty much arrange to get what ever they want done. Would be similar to a dealer ordering up a bumper from DeeZee and installing it before delivery.

Steve

Old 12-14-2018, 02:16 PM
RXT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I'm new here, first post…

I have two possibilities for you;

1) Trailmaster produced both suspension lifts and body lifts. If you didn't install the body lift, the lift and the sticker probably came from a previous owner

2) Someone replaced the sun visor and the sticker happened to be on it.

​​​​​​​Ed

Quick Reply: Trailmaster suspension upgrade?