1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1st gen rear end swap info to give

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 09:41 AM
bronze
Record Breaker
Received 439 Likes on 376 Posts

Why are we giving this yahoo any attention? Most forums would give him the boot. This forum is about intelligent people exchanging credible information to help others with their vehicles. That dude aint it.

The following users liked this post:
tndakman (09-24-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 09:05 PM
cwkerr007
Rookie
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bronze
Why are we giving this yahoo any attention? Most forums would give him the boot. This forum is about intelligent people exchanging credible information to help others with their vehicles. That dude aint it.
well since ya'll are all in ralphy's english class then i'll just have to be expelled from this class i'm to busy upgrading my toys rather than sittin around with ralphy playin with my p p so long if me leaving this conv upsets any of u girls next time momy takes you to the store ask for the bloogy thing momy stops the toilet up with and put it in your special place girls so much for helping anyone if u aint in the good old girls club lmao

Old 09-26-2021, 09:43 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Originally Posted by cwkerr007
well since ya'll are all in ralphy's english class then i'll just have to be expelled from this class i'm to busy upgrading my toys rather than sittin around with ralphy playin with my p p so long if me leaving this conv upsets any of u girls next time momy takes you to the store ask for the bloogy thing momy stops the toilet up with and put it in your special place girls so much for helping anyone if u aint in the good old girls club lmao
Yeah, and with a response like that, don't let the door hit you in the rear on your way out. We won't miss you.

Generally, "Help" is defined here as "providing accurate information". Something you were NOT doing. Wanna help? Help folks solve their problems. Don't invent problems that don't exist, and then give bad advice.

tndakman (09-27-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 10:29 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 372 Likes on 343 Posts

I think they're proof that age does not automatically beget wisdom.

Or they're lying about being 56.

Or both.

However, the thread has served to give a few people chuckles (like me) and so it's not a total waste.

RwP

tndakman (09-27-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 09:09 AM
cwkerr007
Rookie

ragtop thanx for the input i'm sure ford changed something along the way there in yr models and wd but the wheels on mine were put on after the swap and the yr mod i have is the same width. But your right i shood have put a disclaimer in that i wasn't sure of the exact yr of the exp fitting. But hell i have ralphy to spend his days researching that for everyone i just let people know that the option was there and i po the forum gods and i haven't been able to sleep ever since lmao but thanx for the help

Old 09-27-2021, 09:26 AM
cwkerr007
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Yeah, and with a response like that, don't let the door hit you in the rear on your way out. We won't miss you.

Generally, "Help" is defined here as "providing accurate information". Something you were NOT doing. Wanna help? Help folks solve their problems. Don't invent problems that don't exist, and then give bad advice.
well sir i put the pic of the workin drivin truck that i still own and if you would like more det pics just ask cause dodge didn't put those disc's in the back so i must have put them in. I was giving an option for people short of funds to explore on their own and it was my exp that it worked on these two trucks without having to purchase other parts except special u joint. So call me all the lyers you want but i have the truck and pics to back my exp up and i didn't have to steal them from an english book to get them! So thanx for your opinion of what i'm doing and who i am. All of your input was well informed and helpful to my jr high english teacher.

Old 09-27-2021, 09:28 AM
cwkerr007
Rookie

damn this is fun i see why ralphy does it for a livin lmao

Old 09-27-2021, 09:29 AM
bronze
Record Breaker
Received 439 Likes on 376 Posts

Scoooooop Shakalaka Shakalaka Shakalaka
Scoooooop Shakalaka Shakalaka Shakalaka

tndakman (09-27-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 10:06 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

well sir i put the pic of the workin drivin truck that i still own and if you would like more det pics just ask cause dodge didn't put those disc's in the back so i must have put them in. I was giving an option for people short of funds to explore on their own and it was my exp that it worked on these two trucks without having to purchase other parts except special u joint. So call me all the lyers you want but i have the truck and pics to back my exp up and i didn't have to steal them from an english book to get them! So thanx for your opinion of what i'm doing and who i am. All of your input was well informed and helpful to my jr high english teacher.
And I once put a small block chevy into a Mazda RX4 wagon. That doesn't mean I recommend that to everyone that owns one.......

tndakman (09-27-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 05:17 PM
Glen440
Rookie
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The explorer 8.8 might be an easy swap in a 4x4 but not in the 2wd. Another thing to pay attention to is the amount of pinion offset in the rear ends. Have to be prepared to move perch mounts and shock mounts doing any rear swap as well as rim backspacing. Aftermarket wheels have 80mm+ center bore.

Technically the hemi and dana 60 just bolted into my truck.

This thread is impossible to read.

Quick Reply: 1st gen rear end swap info to give