1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Trans problems help stuck on side of road

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2024, 02:35 PM
93 4x4 Dakota long bed aqua5.2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just realized it is out of trans fluid it has a tiny Crack in the driver side Trans line going into the rad I cut the bad peice out not going to get fluid now to see if it moves I couldn't see it leaking cause it was spraying where I couldn't see it and only when it was running

Old 05-25-2024, 11:17 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 581 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 4x4 Dakota long bed aqua5.2
I just realized it is out of trans fluid it has a tiny Crack in the driver side Trans line going into the rad I cut the bad peice out not going to get fluid now to see if it moves I couldn't see it leaking cause it was spraying where I couldn't see it and only when it was running

Lack of fluid will toast them. It's possible filling it with fluid will help, but not very likely. At 190K, it's way past time for a transmission. My truck has 167K and is on it's third. Although the 3rd one is because the previous owner got stoopid trying to do burnouts with a heavy, 4X4 truck with a sur-grip rear end along with friends with light RWD cars.

Quick Reply: Trans problems help stuck on side of road