Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what did i do now

replaced heater core and now dash shakes/vibrates when air is on any ideas

Old 10-31-2008, 02:53 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like the air blower motor is off balance.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:27 PM
rebelboy
Veteran

first how do i ballance it and second not getting alot of air through the window defrosters wich color hose goes on the bottem of the cylinder that controls the flp on the side of the blower motor case light green or dark green------------------ thank you for responding helping alot was not expecting a heater core replacement to turn into this

Old 11-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You probably have some loose screws on the motor is all. I'm not sure on the second part of your question without looking at it.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:57 PM
rebelboy
Veteran

im getting air out of the lower vents no matter what dial im set on is that normal and for some reason the blower motor is shaking less and less

Old 11-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Is the blend door moving at all? If not did you reconnect the vacuum line from where it comes out at the hole in the firewall?

Old 11-01-2008, 08:18 PM
rebelboy
Veteran

the vac hose is connected through the fire wall to the vacuum was wondering if two of the colored hoses were backwards spicificaly the green hoses on the far right on the vac box dont have a clue what to call what the things that they are connect to anyway i have the light green on the bottem if thats right than the dash must not be alligned with the vac box in either case i will have to take the dash off to correct it when i find out the right order of the hoses thank for your support its helping alot!!!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Oh you're talking about the heater box I think. I can't remember which line goes where on the box. I did this at the end of summer myself. Just try switching them around and see if it fixes your issue. Other than that you may have a loose connection on the switch panel. It will take you just a minute to pull that off to check it out.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:46 AM
datacop
Rookie

Personally, Whenever I'm about to take something apart that is fairly complex with numerous wires and hoses and whatnot going to and fro..

I like to keep a camera handy to take a picture or two of how it went together originally so that I have a reference point when it comes time to put things back together.

I find that invariably, when it comes to doing repairs... they generally take several times longer than anticipated to complete than first thought. Having something to refer back to makes things much easier when you've slept a few times since you took it apart.

Honestly though, I'll be the first one to admit that after I take some pictures, I most of the time never go back and look at them again. There's just no need. But I'm *ALWAYS* thankful that I have them that one time that I really do.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:45 PM
rebelboy
Veteran
Red face

dash is off again and i switched all the hoses i could and it did not make the floor heat go away getting code 443 this must be connected to the problem? about to lite the truck on fire the air coming out of the defrosters is so weak it wont defrost anything