1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

99 durango cranks but doesnt start.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 10:33 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL HS. I got my Moderator *** ripped today too from a newbie forum user elsewhere. LOL. Some just can't take a joke... or advice.

Thorze, honestly HS was just saying that in jest. He did not mean it as fact. Now your responses thereafter could change our minds however.

Could it have been an ID 10 T error?

---

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
~ Mark Twain

IndyD

Last edited by IndyDurango; 11-16-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:35 PM
IndyDurango
Champion

Sharp, whats up with the "rear wiper club" info in your sig?

And my what a big frackin' sig it is indeed. LOL

Old 11-16-2009, 11:23 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

for people who drive vehicles with a wiper on the rear windows, we decided it was nitro, durango caravan, (i think) magnum, jeeps, and the aspen, i think that was all of them
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/groups/...iper-club.html

you should all join

Old 11-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
you will have to excuse hydra, we havnt figured out how to keep him off the forum when he starts drinking . . .
LOL!!! Maybe we can install one of those breatherlizer machines on his comp like they do in cars? Anything over .025 will not let his comp boot? Just a suggestion. <ducking behind couch with shrp!>

Old 11-16-2009, 11:38 PM
IndyDurango
Champion

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
for people who drive vehicles with a wiper on the rear windows, we decided it was nitro, durango caravan, (i think) magnum, jeeps, and the aspen, i think that was all of them
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/groups/...iper-club.html

you should all join
I think I'll leave that to the TWO of you club members there. Seems to be real successful. LOL.

J.K

IndyD

Old 11-17-2009, 12:03 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

lol thanks indy, and yea thats agood idea dan, but set the limit a little lower

try idk maybe .001

BTW: i think we need a bigger couch!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2009, 01:12 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by thorze
Okay Hydra, thank you for sharing us with your infinite wisdom, my question is what makes you think it was an operator error, which I suppose it might have been I am open to all suggestions even ones intended to bait people in to an argument...as I am at a loss
I realize you know your stuff and I have found many solutions from your posts and it is your advice that guys like me seek on these forums but these comments make no sense and as a moderator are totally uncalled for as it does not help me or anyone else viewing this thread looking for answers.
Dude, seriously you can't take a joke?

Ya I was loaded last night and pokin a lil fun to lightin the heated discussion. ....I wasn't stabbin at ya? If you took it the wrong way then I apologize but whatever.

As for your fix, if you installed the negative terminal first then you could have fried the crankshaft sensor or PCM. Have you tried the relay or done a fuel pressure test?

You said you replaced the battery but didn't test the voltage to ensure that is is fully charged. Load test the battery. Clean your connections and look at all ends for good clean connections. This includes ALL connection points. It could be the alternator. Could be a bad terminal to wire corrosion. Could be a bad battery wire so crank it over then feel for hot spots. Look for a soft burn in the wire. I could go on and on!

A fuel pump can go out without any mishaps as I've had many do that.

As for the level .001 sharp, whats up with that? Without liquor my brain don't work as you can see that tonight as I am actually sober.....LOL

Old 11-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dcr
The last few times i have worked on it, I can’t get it to die. So, that makes it near impossible to test connections and what not to find the source. I’m beginning to wonder if I didn’t inadvertently fix it by messing with all of the connections.
That is a possibility. To clear up a little fog, what was the exact issue with the fuel gauge and has the issue stopped?

Originally Posted by thorze
Have spent a few more hours searching and come up with nada, and to think it all started when I changed my battery WTF! I'm not giving up I will find the gremlin and stomp a new mudhole in it's A** LOL
Despite the bickering going on, please keep suggestions/problems on your own thread, i will happily assist you in fixing the gremlins if you could post up your progress on your origional thread.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RE:.001 Shrp, Hydra's CONSTANT level is .010! I was giving him a little leeway.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:33 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

lol that was a typo, supposed to be 0.01 , and maybe bump that up a bit, but still needs be well under the legal limit for driving

Quick Reply: 99 durango cranks but doesnt start.