1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

33/1050/15's installed, impressions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 06:51 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

wow man, you are nuts, that is a REALLY tight fit in there, i sure as hell wouldnt be comfortable with it on my truck

Old 01-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Dislander
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those pics are the before's. I'll be doing a t/s shackle lift & limiting suspension travel to reduce/eliminate contact. then I'll post up what trimming or repositioning is needed. I dont plan on living with it that tight however the pics do represent maximum suspension compression, their no were near as tight sitting level or normal driving.

Again, I will keep going and posting, more tomorrow, same bat time, same bat chanel.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Dislander
Professional

And a pic just sitting.Name:  0118100852a.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  125.9 KB
My last toy.Name:  raider001.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  217.6 KB

Last edited by Dislander; 01-22-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:28 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry. That rubber is simply the wrong size for the vehicle.

In an accident or emergency situation, the suspension is going to flex, the tires are going to dig into the wheel wells, drivability will be impacted and good things are not going to happen.

A lift and oversized tires can be used, but even then they need to be properly sized. Those are not it. Again, sorry. Don't shoot the messenger.

IndyD

Old 01-23-2010, 01:10 AM
Dislander
Professional

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
Sorry. That rubber is simply the wrong size for the vehicle.

In an accident or emergency situation, the suspension is going to flex, the tires are going to dig into the wheel wells, drivability will be impacted and good things are not going to happen.

A lift and oversized tires can be used, but even then they need to be properly sized. Those are not it. Again, sorry. Don't shoot the messenger.

IndyD
wow, you guys are so unbelievably supportive. it just really makes a guy want to share new ideas.

lets take these in order.

What, in your opinion, is the right size tire for my vehicle?

If I have already been in the accident, I'm done worrying about it.

Tires locking up & causing me to not be able to avoid a hazard? Read the whole post, I've addressed this.

drivability will be affected. Yup, you got me there. any time you raise/lower a car/truck various things will be positively/negatively affected. do you mean in some specific way or just pointing out the obvious?

No messenger involved, just us talking. Don't worry I'm not packing.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:15 PM
00dakSport
All Star

i think those noby rubbers look nice on that truck. in the sand or in the mud those are probaly great. if ur roads are good and u dont get in an accident u should be fine. the only probally w/ those tires would be in the woods w/ humps and drops, u would limt the flexibility.
right now i have 31" all seasonals and they suck in the sand.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:31 PM
mrwilliwizard
Veteran

with a t/s lift of 2 inches what do you guys think about 265/75/16 that will be about (31.6) inch tires. stock was 265/70/16 (30.6 inches) YES? NO?

I'm lookin at some good year wrangler dura tracs. I'm not really into the bf all terrains i dont like how the tred narrows. to me it makes the width of the tire look smaller.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Dislander
Professional

If mine is any indicator, you should be able to fit those no problem. if your on stocker rims or if your aftermarket wheels mach the fact offset.

One point, I go up & down roads every day that would make a car cry. just to get home I have to get through ruts that will stick you on anything smaller than 31's. when I was un beaching my boat I had the truck running over logs & driftwood. wheels airborne & running it up/down a two ft tidal bluff.

you all do get that in the pics the pass rear & the drivers front are not touching the ground.I could rock the truck with little effort & spin either tire. even stock height the contact is not damaging severe, just a good rub. they don't even touch the frame. they're not going to cause a ****ing accident, they're not going to inhibit me from responding to a hazard, seriously where do you guy's get this, how much do you think the tire moves outside of its intended arc? I can ride the brakes from 70 abs wailing & it's not going to shift the wheel/tire into making movement inhibiting contact.

For those who also hold this incorrect impression, your voice has been heard. Anybody who lives near Tacoma Is welcome to come for a ride. I will be happy to scare you ****less while I demonstrate just how jacked I can get this truck on these tires, as is, without impairing control.

Flex from a factory Ifs system is a joke. even the Raider above had very limited front flex. with sway bars removed, bumpstops shaved, extended shocks exc... BTW that one had 33/1250/15's on ten inch wheels & no body lift, two-three inches of lift from suspension, custom rear springs, four door torsionbars. I went wide on that one only because I pulled the sways & stability dictated a wider stance. the wider wheels & changed offset is what causes clearance issues, think how big the steering arc is when you push the outside of the tire out six inches.

Anymore of this you are causing a safety issue nonsense I will consider whining ninny who will be ignored.

I have been a mechanic for over twenty years, a Car nut for forty. I'm hardly going to do something to my own truck that would make it unsafe, period.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:12 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm glad to see your OEM height on the torsion bars is set correctly (which most is not) and that you have good rear springs that retained a good arch. I'm glad to hear you made it work your you and your case however most people will not have the same results as you did.

We are offish about this because most of the time it won't work and I agree with it being to tight as the other suggest but in your opinion you disagree with us. Dude, we don't always get along here! Me and Indy sometimes have a difference in opinion but we don't cut each other if you know what I mean. In fact we are all family here so don't feel like we are all ganging up on you or something.

If you want to set up an ignore list than do so. That's why the option is there and you have a right to it. With that said and with your feelings out in your postings I think you need to tone the attitude down a lil please, and lets all just get along.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:39 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL.

I **** people off weekly. Never on purpose. Just an ***.

I will always try to put out there the best recommendations for the actual D first... regardless of the drivers wishes. Sorry!

With that said, Beers are all on me!!

Name:  beer.gif
Views: 96
Size:  2.0 KB Name:  beer.gif
Size:  2.0 KB Name:  beer.gif
Size:  2.0 KB

and a special one for HS!
Name:  beerhat-beer-hat-cheers-beer-smiley.gif
Views: 127
Size:  145.9 KB
IndyD

Attached Images
File Type: gif
beer.gif (2.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: gif
beer.gif (2.0 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by IndyDurango; 01-24-2010 at 02:49 AM.

Quick Reply: 33/1050/15's installed, impressions.