1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Show us your 1st Gen. Durango!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 06:17 PM
kingoftow
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durango top speed...

I concur, I save all of my speed antics for the drag strip with my 72 Duster , I was asking purely on a theoretical note...kingoftow

Old 02-26-2012, 06:43 AM
Frozen_Joker
Rookie

I don't concur. Mine is stock as of right now except for my speed limiter being removed. I went 138. You people are scared to run the streets? Streets are a lot more fun than any drag strip. Not to mention the money is better. As is the rep.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:49 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Frozen_Joker
I don't concur. Mine is stock as of right now except for my speed limiter being removed. I went 138. You people are scared to run the streets? Streets are a lot more fun than any drag strip. Not to mention the money is better. As is the rep.
so is the jail time when you get caught, not worth the risk IMO

Old 02-26-2012, 11:42 AM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

to add onto what shrp said. so is that chance of wrecking and getting injured or killed. so is that chance of getting some passerby killed. so is that chance of getting some first-responder hurt or killed on the side of the road when they're trying to cut you out of a piece of mangled metal in a roadside ditch. and so is the arrogance for other people's well being.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:16 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Dude I used to race people all the time, now I would much rather do towing contests or off road. I almost died two years ago from medical problems. I had time to re-evaluate my priorities and trust me that racing isn't worth it. Beside its not just your life you are jeopardizing.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Frozen_Joker
Rookie

Not worth the risk for yall maybe. I don't race in the middle of traffic much. Really only on "lonely" roads. I have been street racing since I was 16...that's 5 years. Never been in an accident, never really lost many, never even come close to getting caught. Racing is my skill and the things most are scared of, I am not. I also to driving and running on the side. I personally don't have any issues with it. It's an adrenaline thigh, just the same as ANY of the other vehicle sports yall do. Besides, racing is racing. Whether its on a track, on a dirt road, dark country road, mud pit, or dragstrip...its ALL dangerous. But we do it for the thrill. At least ALL the racers I know do.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:44 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I did it for the rush too, never put any money on it. Traffic or no traffic I still did, its still not smart and I quit. Now I may run with someone off a light but not to triple digits like before. Oh and my record was quite good too..........

Old 02-26-2012, 09:02 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Frozen Joker: you are clearly still young (then again so am I) and have not learned that racing is fine, its doing it on public roads that is the problem, idc if they are 'lonely' roads or in heavy traffic, racing on public roads puts others at elevated risk of being injured or killed and thats not right for you to make that choice for them. I have no problem with someone putting themselves at risk, there are tracks out there so that you can take the risk and not put anyone else (who does not choose to take that risk) at risk.

i also dont care what you think, unless you have taken professional driving courses you are NOT as good at driving as you think you are(yes im speaking form experience, i have taken a couple of the courses and they are one hell of a wake up call, as well as a GREAT learning experience).

last note, the risk i was considering as not worth it was the risk of getting caught

Old 02-26-2012, 11:17 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Someone will need to die before minds get changed SS.

It is very common for youth to have the sense of immunity and immortality at 21. Over the years it will wane due to time and wisdom gained over that time. Until then, our words are akin to pissing up a rope. Prayers that they are not needed nor correct.

IndyD

Old 02-27-2012, 08:33 AM
kingoftow
Rookie
Default Save the speed for the track...

I drove tractor trailer for about eleven years before I started my business, It only takes one time to come up on a scene of carnage on the road with PIECES OF PEOPLE spread all over the road because of an accident caused by someone going too fast in the uncontrolled environment that are public roadways...don't be the cause of that scene... take Sharp's advice,...slow it up...(THANK YOU JESUS FOR GIVING US WISDOM )...kingoftow

Last edited by kingoftow; 02-27-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: added a few words

Quick Reply: Show us your 1st Gen. Durango!