1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Show us your 1st Gen. Durango!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 12:28 AM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They were $125.99 when I bought them. They were pretty simple to install too, I just had to fasten the bolts from under the bumper as the turn signal pieces are obviously not the same as stock. The rubber weather stripping you get with them is complete shi*. The rubber was too hard and it broke when I tried to install it, so I just used the old ones and trimmed them whee necessary. And for some reason the light pattern on the ground shows a very visible to me V shape from both lights. I don't know if it was a defect or not but when I asked another user about it he said his did it too. I may end up trying a different set this spring.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:30 AM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

Oh yeah and the dumb fu*k that had it before me, I dont know what he did but the rear fender flares on both sides is scratched up and chipped pretty badly. I was thinking about how I could fix them for cheaps and have them still look good. And also the previous owner let the clock spring die and didnt get it fixed. That is also on my future list. Along with gears, Body lift, and maybe some 35's.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:22 PM
C0lt0n
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my 2000 Durango. Best vehicle I have owned so far. 5.9L,Leather,PW,PL,3rd Row,Rear Air,Folding Heated/Mirrors,Aftermarket Intake. Pretty much stock, I do want to do a lift but I dont want a terribly huge lift. Whats the perfect size/costs for a nice lift? Thanks guys.

Last edited by C0lt0n; 08-08-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:07 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by C0lt0n
Here is my 2000 Durango. Best vehicle I have owned so far. 5.9L,Leather,PW,PL,3rd Row,Rear Air,Folding Heated/Mirrors,Aftermarket Intake. Pretty much stock, I do want to do a lift but I dont want a terribly huge lift. Whats the perfect size/costs for a nice lift? Thanks guys.

I sure hope you're a Hawkeye fan. I sure am!

But the only real lift options we had are the 2" Torsion Bar and rear leaf spring shackle lift. All this requires is some penetrating oil, two Chevy lowering shackles, some loctite, and 8 full turns of the torsion bolts. If at all possible try to re use the bolts that come off your old shackles, Nothing will fit like they do. But I used Grade 8 bolts/nuts/washers for everything in the back to make sure I won't have any broken bolts. You will need to drop the spare tire and drop the hitch assembly is equipped to gain access to the bolts. On the front, soak the torsion bolts in penetrating oil real good and let it do its thing for 10 minutes or so and then lift up the front end, removing the weight from the suspension to help you turn the bolts easier. It is highly recommended to have an alignment completed after doing this lift. I didn't get one done but my tread wear is fine. You'll want the Beltech 6400 shackles. You can get them from Oreiley Auto or Advance Auto for sure.

Option #2
You can also install a Performance Accessories Body Lift. This lift is three inches. You have to remove the body bolts and replace the cylinders that provide the spacing. If you have a manual Transfer case you will need to lengthen the shift linkage, which I believe is provided in the kit. You will have to relocate the fan shroud, and bumper mount brackets, also included. You may need to extend your fuel filler hose too which is also included in the kit. Here is a link to a kit.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:11 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparMan1991
I sure hope you're a Hawkeye fan. I sure am!

But the only real lift options we had are the 2" Torsion Bar and rear leaf spring shackle lift. All this requires is some penetrating oil, two Chevy lowering shackles, some loctite, and 8 full turns of the torsion bolts. If at all possible try to re use the bolts that come off your old shackles, Nothing will fit like they do. But I used Grade 8 bolts/nuts/washers for everything in the back to make sure I won't have any broken bolts. You will need to drop the spare tire and drop the hitch assembly is equipped to gain access to the bolts. On the front, soak the torsion bolts in penetrating oil real good and let it do its thing for 10 minutes or so and then lift up the front end, removing the weight from the suspension to help you turn the bolts easier. It is highly recommended to have an alignment completed after doing this lift. I didn't get one done but my tread wear is fine. You'll want the Beltech 6400 shackles. You can get them from Oreiley Auto or Advance Auto for sure.

Option #2
You can also install a Performance Accessories Body Lift. This lift is three inches. You have to remove the body bolts and replace the cylinders that provide the spacing. If you have a manual Transfer case you will need to lengthen the shift linkage, which I believe is provided in the kit. You will have to relocate the fan shroud, and bumper mount brackets, also included. You may need to extend your fuel filler hose too which is also included in the kit. Here is a link to a kit.
Option #3
Do both lifts and put some 33x12.50's with off set rims

Old 03-13-2012, 06:12 PM
lvphotos
Veteran

Hawkeye do or die. Dads fault for going to Ames though. The new lights seem to flood better than the other set. Had that v also. With the HID everything lights up.
Not a Dodge but this is my 1962 Chevy with some new shoes.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:17 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

Looks nice.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Dodge Me_01

Ajoshi91 that looks good, now we look like twins

Old 03-14-2012, 01:03 PM
C0lt0n

Thanks mopar haha and yes im a hawkeye fan. I think I might go with the 3" lift but it wont be for awhile. I gotta get my other set of 16" rims out and blast them then powdercoat them. Then put new tires on em so it dont look stupid with a 3" lift and little a** tires lol

Old 03-14-2012, 07:02 PM
ajoshi91
Captain

DODGE_ME_01

Yeah our Durango's are very similar though I'm getting some cragar soft 8s put on tomorrow and having the white walls out this time. so i'm changing the look a tad bit.

And thanks for the info on the rack if it wasnt for what you told me i wouldnt have thought to double check the mounting hardware on the lund rack at fleet farm.

Quick Reply: Show us your 1st Gen. Durango!