1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Best Story of ALL

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 04:00 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Story of ALL

This one goes out to all you guys out there owning a 1st Gen Durango and are proud to label yourselves as "Durango Owner Pride!"

So, some of you may or may not know, but in the past week or so I've had my truck in the shop and dumped around $6,000 in mods to my Durango to make it not only go fast, but really fast, not to mention it is a tow machine now. I've had the 47re Viper Transmission in for a while so I have no problem with that as far as my modifications go.

First off, I just got my truck back from the shop yesterday and was driving it around to break in the parts as they should and make sure nothing sticks that shouldn't be sticking. I got a 412 stroker upgrade, bringing my total displacement up to 6.7L. Yes I know you're thinking already, freakin' awesome!

Well that was just the start of it, to make a list of everything would be a complete waste of time for me to type and for you to read so I'm going to put the Reader's Digest version of what all I've done in the past week:

Edelbrock "Shorty" Headers (Jet-Coated)
Holley 52mm Throttle Body
Roller Rockers
Mopar Performance Heads
4.56 Gearing in Rear-End (2WD)
Detroit Locker
Borla Performance Cat-Back 3" Exhaust (Single In-Dual Out)
Mag-Hytec Rear Diff. Cover
MSD 7-AL3 Pro-Drag Ignition
DUI 10mm Plug Wires
MSD Blaster 2 HP Coil
Venom Performance Injectors

Anyways, I could go on and on to all that I did, and I completely rebuilt my engine from the top down basically (kept my Mopar Performance intake mani) but to the story on hand that you all came to hear about.

I got off work today early and was driving down this main drag and come up to a stop light where to my left is a Mustang SVT Cobra (looked to be about 6 or 7 years old) and on my right was a Brand new Ford Mustang Roush (don't know what stage but it looked real good). Well they were making a bunch of noise and hitting WOT at the stop light like they were all hot ***** so I let them do their thing and they raced up to the next stop light like I imagined they would.

Here's where I come in, I got into the far left lane (the other 2 mustangs in their respectable lanes to my right) and heard them hitting the throttles again at the stoplight. This time I decided to butt in and hit mine WOT in neutral and they both looked over like they had just witnessed a murder. They both stared straight at the light waiting for it to turn green as did I. That sucker hit green and I smoked both of their a**es all I could see in my rear-view was 2 perfect black lines of rubber, it was awesome.

Because I now have my Detroit locker I have full power going to both wheels so it's a little different than having power at one or the other. Tell me what y'all think but I have to say it was one of the proudest moments in my life of owning this Durango.

By the way I was a full 2 lights ahead of them after like 10 seconds of racing they didn't even seem to know what hit them it was freakin' awesome! Hope you all enjoyed this story almost as much I enjoyed the moment.

MOPAR or NO CAR!

Yours truly,

WhiteWidow00

Old 04-07-2011, 04:35 PM
neilb
Professional

Oh yeah, freakin awesome.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:47 PM
neilb
Professional

Though mine is a stocker and needs a little TLC, she still shocks a few folks when I floor it she picks her skirts up and shows them her ****, I love my D. Well done mate.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:01 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

sweet, good job man, i get they both just about **** themselves getting dropped like a rock by a full size SUV , wish i coulda been there

Old 04-07-2011, 09:22 PM
samnbensdad
Captain

Love it!

Old 04-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Hemifan21
Amateur

<Salute>

Old 04-08-2011, 12:16 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can "hear" the pride. Nice!

Kindred spirits we are.

IndyDurango

Old 04-08-2011, 12:19 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Kodak Moment!

Old 04-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kudos to you. sir!

Old 04-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would pay $$$ to see there faces....good work white widow

Quick Reply: Best Story of ALL