1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2000 Dodge Durango problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 09:35 PM
monster406s10
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
take the plastic off and see if the power lock solenoid is actuating when you hit the lock button, if not make sure its getting power, and if it is getting power replace it.

if it is getting power check the FAQ thread, i did a write up on how to fix a sticky lock in the rear hatch (mine would take 3-5 or sometimes more unlock attempts with the power locks to unlock the hatch, i was able to fix it for nothing)

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...ml#post2447259
Are you talking about the interior panel on the hatch? I looked at it today and it doesn't look like it can come off with the door shut but I could be wrong...

Old 07-02-2011, 10:14 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

yea it needs to be opened up to get at some of the screws, but you said you use the key to manually unlock it

Old 07-02-2011, 10:19 PM
monster406s10
Rookie

yea it needs to be opened up to get at some of the screws, but you said you use the key to manually unlock it
No no no, the key doesn't work either. I have NO way to open the hatch....

Old 07-02-2011, 10:42 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

oooo well, thats a whole other problem, you may be able to get the top of the trim off from inside the truck, and the top two screws and pull most of the lower trim piece off to at least reach the lever and open the gate, if you lived nearby id say bring it by sometime during the week and wed give it a try

Old 07-02-2011, 11:25 PM
monster406s10
Rookie

oooo well, thats a whole other problem, you may be able to get the top of the trim off from inside the truck, and the top two screws and pull most of the lower trim piece off to at least reach the lever and open the gate, if you lived nearby id say bring it by sometime during the week and wed give it a try
Trust me I don't live near by haha I live in Maine. But I'm almost positive that I figured out the brake problem; the front pads and rear shoes had nothing left on them.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:56 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

yes that would very likely be the brake problem

Old 07-03-2011, 11:28 PM
monster406s10
Rookie

yes that would very likely be the brake problem
I sure as hell hope so. Thank you for your advice, i appreciate it.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:43 PM
monster406s10
Rookie

I just remembered another problem that my Durango has. Going down the road at 50ish mph the temperature gauge reads as cold as it will go. And when it is idling it reads between as cold as it will go and a quarter of the way up the gauge. I noticed that the manual fan runs from when I start it cold to when it warms up. Not sure if thats the problem or not. And the electric fan comes on when I turn the AC on like normal.

Old 07-06-2021, 10:59 PM
JohnnyOffRoad84
Exclamation Transmission governor pressure sensor

Hello, I recently got my first 2000 Durango, it has a 6" lift on 33" tires, 151k miles. It had a moderately bad head gasket leak when i got it, while crawling around underneath her assessing that I noticed some transmission fluid leaking from what i assumed was the pan/gasket but it was minor not pouring out so I kept an eye on it. I did a bars leaks fix on the head gasket which worked great btw since then I've put 1000 miles on it, I added a little transmission fluid this week cause it finally reasd a little low and it had started not wanting to downshift after jumping into overdrive on the freeway and in town driving it was starting to not want to shift normally and suddenly today my check engine light came on 30 miles from home, hit an autozone and pulled the code which said it was the Transmission Governor Pressure Sensor. Autozone says trhe part isn't available for purchase period they can't get it at all. their computer said it has to be taken to an ASE certified mechanic/shop to be taken care of, suggested to do a fluid & filter change on the transmission and and oil and filter change on the engine to see if that might help. I have no money right now to do even the fluid/filter change much less take it to a shop. I'll have money in about a week or so but is there anything y'all know about this or would suggest? any advice or help is appreciated thanks.

Last edited by JohnnyOffRoad84; 07-06-2021 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-07-2021, 08:21 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,335 Likes on 3,077 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyOffRoad84
Hello, I recently got my first 2000 Durango, it has a 6" lift on 33" tires, 151k miles. It had a moderately bad head gasket leak when i got it, while crawling around underneath her assessing that I noticed some transmission fluid leaking from what i assumed was the pan/gasket but it was minor not pouring out so I kept an eye on it. I did a bars leaks fix on the head gasket which worked great btw since then I've put 1000 miles on it, I added a little transmission fluid this week cause it finally reasd a little low and it had started not wanting to downshift after jumping into overdrive on the freeway and in town driving it was starting to not want to shift normally and suddenly today my check engine light came on 30 miles from home, hit an autozone and pulled the code which said it was the Transmission Governor Pressure Sensor. Autozone says trhe part isn't available for purchase period they can't get it at all. their computer said it has to be taken to an ASE certified mechanic/shop to be taken care of, suggested to do a fluid & filter change on the transmission and and oil and filter change on the engine to see if that might help. I have no money right now to do even the fluid/filter change much less take it to a shop. I'll have money in about a week or so but is there anything y'all know about this or would suggest? any advice or help is appreciated thanks.
What engine/trans?? If you have the 44/46 RE trans, then the governor pressure sensor is easy to change, and freely available just about everywhere.

Quick Reply: 2000 Dodge Durango problems