1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Bumped my head and bought a Neon...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 07:17 PM
ArcticCat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumped my head and bought a Neon...

No offense to you neon lovers, tuners and dodge fans alike, they are just not my cup of tea. I respect what can be done to them, the power you can get from them. I just don't like the looks... with that said, I bought one. []

I purchased a 96 2dr. Sport off of ebay for $710.A step up from a beater, but far from great shape. 95,000 miles on it, she needs a little work here and there. But all in all it will serve its purpose. A cheap daily driver that will get me from A to B, and saves memoney while doing it. Here in Michigan gas prices are sitting at $3.40 area. As you can imagine, filling up my 28 gallon tank in my 05 F150 puts a huge dent in my wallet. Im also not going to drive my pride and joy to work and back, a built 302HO in my 65 Mustang GT. So, I had to get something.

I pick it up this coming weekend, so I imagine thatI will be asking a ton of "How To" questions.

As you can see, it needs a left front fender, I see them on ebay for around $55 shipped, anyone know where I might find one cheaper?

Its missing a hub cap and LF marker light... I imagine that can be found at a junk yard.

some day I might dump some money into it, but who knows. btw, If anyone here owns a Mustang and live near Michigan, check out my Mustang website. http://www.MichiganMustang.com

Thanks for your time,

Kenny B.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:40 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker
Default RE: Bumped my head and bought a Neon...

finaly some one else from michigan, what area do you live in? i live in the metro detroit area and know of a good junkyard that they let you pick and pull what you need.
as of right now im in iraq so i can only help you from here best of luck to you and hope you have your head bandaged up for paying so much for gas

it looks like you may need a hood too

Old 06-03-2007, 07:43 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

ohh and i have or think i havehubcaps that kinda match those they are in white though. one is a little damaged from when i got a flat tire but either way i will give you then go get rid of them. . . i havent been home so i dont know if their still around. ill have someone dig them out for you if i have them

Old 06-03-2007, 07:59 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

302ho thats a little numberno offence sowhy did you get a neon and not a civic they get better gas miles than the neon and the reason i say thats small is because of my 455ho in my bonneville every body brags about their mustang yet i have seen acivic beat amustang like i said no offence it's just i know people who brag about their mustangs and corvettesall day and get beaten by easy pray[&:]

Old 06-04-2007, 12:55 AM
brucewin
Rookie

Well at least the Neon is pretty easy to work on and there are a ton of parts out there.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:41 AM
95neonriceeater
Record Breaker

if you build up those 302s they have A LOT of tq

Old 06-04-2007, 01:57 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the Neon world. first off, let me tell u that u want to replace the timing belt and water pump by the 100,000 mile mark. and make sure it has the MLS head gasket, if not then u will most likely have a head gasket problem down the road. also, dont put Platinum or those split fire plugs in the Neon. the oem Champions are fine.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:59 AM
95neonriceeater
Record Breaker

change all the belts..hahahah

Old 06-04-2007, 02:05 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

i'm really only mad thathehad to bumphis headto love a neon their a really great car and my pontiac is king of tq they call them stump pullers

Old 06-05-2007, 02:16 AM
ArcticCat

DOHCgarrett t3
Ok, first, I live near Lansing, little town of Webberville. I work in Wixom. thanks for the warm welcome, and make sure you come home from Iraq. Let me know when you get home, I might take you up on the free caps.

estneon
the 302HO(351w) is the biggest motor I can put in my pony without carving out the shock towers. And when I say its built, ITS BUILT. My car is so light, Id be happy to line up against a civic, I may not beat a juiced civic(not sure, never had the chance) But I gladly put coin on the line against a honda. I prices civics in the same shape, but would have had to fork over twice the cash for an equal to the neon i got. As for bumping my head, Ill be totally honest, I never saw myself in a "tuner" car. So I had to of bumped the old gord. Again, no offense.

neoncrazy101
Thanks for the heads up on the maintenance items and the warm welcome. Any more things to be aware of?

Thanks again,

Ken

Heres a pic of my pony.

Quick Reply: Bumped my head and bought a Neon...