1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 09:28 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fuel pressure

so i was driving the red r/t around a bit for the past few days....i now have 47 miles on the new motor, but ive gone through about 3/4 of a tank of gas....i know its running real rich but i cant seem to get the fuel pressure adjusted just right....i have the regulator set at about 42psi, but i dont know exactly what i should have the pressure set to with the 30lb injectors......

the car takes off like a rocket but i can smell the gas when its ideling....

Old 09-15-2007, 09:47 AM
mmench
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fuel pressure

thats the same with my car.. i cant get it rite either. but mine is so rich now that its lost all its power

Old 09-15-2007, 07:36 PM
spudsterier
Legend

its just annoying because due to job issues i cant afford to go and get it dyno tuned....buti put about 30 miles on it today and it ran ok...didnt use too much gas...it sure was fun taking off from stop lights and passing people too

Old 09-15-2007, 11:45 PM
dirt_trac_racer_80jr
Professional

when i put my injecters in i called the tech support at VENOM and he helped me set mine right....if you need the # i could find it for you

Old 09-16-2007, 09:44 AM
spudsterier
Legend

mine arent venom though, they are accels

Old 09-22-2007, 02:46 AM
neontuner21

fuel pressure is supposed to run 42 to 49 psi on the neon, but your running WAY too big injectors, 24 lb is the MOST u want to run on a motor, naturally aspirated, even with 100 shot nitrous, if equipped. If your like me u are stubborn and dont want to listen, but put your stockers back onfor now. The will flow plenty, I mean come on lets be real check out the size diff between the stock and 30lb there like physically twice as big! Your running too rich and u think u need to tune the pressure down but in fact u dont need the high VOLUME injectors. If anything run the factory ones and if your motor starts starving for fuel(after many more boltons,turbo, ect, and u have an external adj. regulator, just crank the pressure up a few psi at a time, and see how it runs for a day, but would recommend a air/fuel meter b4 doing so, cause u know what happens if u run lean. If u have access to a scanner use it otherwise go to a dealership and have them throw it on the scanner and have them check your FUEL ADDAPTIVES, ask a mechanic he will know what to look for if he has a scanner. What it will show is what the pcm is doing for the fuel issue, it should be around -5 to +5, meaning its adding 5 or taking 5 away, thats running good, not guzzling gas, but not leaning out.....When i had my 30lb accels in the pcm was pulling as much fuel out as possible, -25, which meant is was taking away as much fuel from the mixture as it could, which results in poor performance, after a couple days of the stockers back in it relearned and has ran good ever since, on 40psi. Granted this is a sohc, but has been bores .20 over, 10.5:1 pistons, portmatched head, polished, 3 angle, crane cam, indy manifold header with full exhaust, cai, centerforce clutch, udp, full msd ignition, 255 walboro(another reason the pressue will need to be turned down if the year is a 96, and so on pretty much has everything done, and still cant take the big injectors, unless u have high floe intake manifold, longtube header, afterpcm, and a hot-*** cam u wont need extra fuel, the computer will adjust accordingly, on its own, after time(Bout 2 weeks to fully learn the way u drive, etc.) Well hope this helps, any ques hit me up

Old 09-22-2007, 03:23 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker

is the MOST u want to run on a motor, naturally aspirated,
im pretty shur the his red one has an SRT4 turbo

Old 09-22-2007, 11:33 AM
mmench
Captain

lol yea. spuds car definetly should need some bigger injectors. hes a turbo man now!

Old 09-23-2007, 04:48 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

no he is a 20psi turbo man now you can use stock injectors on a 7psi turbo.....but i bet it drives like a hell of a car....pass any kids in a civic to show them real power

Old 09-23-2007, 10:06 AM
spudsterier
Legend

i do need the larger ijectors because this is what my car has for performace...no where near naturally asperated but anyways,
block bore .020 over
JE 8.8:1 pistons
eagle rods
ported intake manifold
gasket matched head
crane valve springs
BC titanium spring retainers
srt4 turbo.....working up to 20psi
srt4 cat.
2.5" exhaust pipe
srt4 rear section
AGP wastegate
2 walboro 255lph fuel pumps....1 intake using stock regulator and 1 external
begi fuel pressure regulator
msd 8.5mm plug wires
egr blocked off and evap purge removed
crane #14 cams still have to be reinstalled
and i think thats it but im also tired so i might be forgetting sumthing

i emailed hahnracecraft and they said that the 30# injectors fuel psi should be running about 25-30 and at 8-9 pounds of boost they should be running about 50-60psi...
i did replace the stock injectors the other day, fuel pressure is set at 50psi, boost is set at 8psi.....now the car actually runs alot worse then it did before....as soon as i hit 3500rpms the car starts spitting and sputtering.....
i think my regulator might be clogged or need to be rebuilt.....so i might just sell it and buy another aeromotive

Quick Reply: fuel pressure