1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

2.4 Engine sawp

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:07 AM
Slashwannabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 Engine sawp

ORIGINAL: estneon

auto's are fun to drive and their best for racing....i love my neon but my stratus has shown me auto can be a very good car i have love out doing tons of mtxs.....and don't you people froget some people just can't drive mtx cars
I only have 1 Neon now and my automatic is working very nice now, and I'd rather spend my money on a turbo set up than a MTX for a 4 door Neon. I want to get a 5 speed 2 door Neon, that *** hole sold those 2 Neons on me so I'm 2doorless Bob again.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:37 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: jeanpierre

well thats all i got the 4 speed trany and i measure the bays and both are the same
Ahahaha High 5!

I think Das meant well, but thats one reason not totake anybodys word on things. Your engine creates more heat than a transmission does and it radiates under the hood and around the transmission, I would saya hot summer day would have more heat effects on the transmission than asmaller engine bay.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:29 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jeanpierre

well thats all i got the 4 speed trany and i measure the bays and both are the same
What was the measurement for both?

ORIGINAL: estneon

auto's are fun to drive and their best for racing.
Saying they are fun to drive is a preference thing, because what is fun about putting a car in gear and then pushing down on the pedal? They are only best for racing in high HP cars.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:40 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

autos are better for another reason theres alot of people who say they missed a gear when they drive their mtx and lose with autosthere no excuse(unless you have a bad car)....im not saying mtx's are hard to drive or anything buy don't make it sound like autos are bad their both fun for differnt reasons....i use the stratus for racing in town(safely) or on the streets around here....the neon is stricklyfor racingout here i can't stand driving a mtx on the freeway theresto many stops heremtx's are not that much faster driver skills matter more then mtx vs atx....don't get me wrong i love driving my mtx neon alot but each have pros and cons.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Slashwannabe

I've never driven a MTX Neon before so I don't know how their tranny reacts to bang shifting (AKA not letting off the gas when shifting) I do this alot with my brothers 1969 Camero when he lets me use it and its pretty much the only way to shift in a Race as your RPM's barely drop. I heard you might break them doing this but that sure would take the fun out of a mtx if you can't do it.

Das, a highly exprienced driverand good shifting mtx will kill any automatic anyday, the top fuel dragsters are pushing 4 second quarter miles with manual transmissions, funny cars are also still manual transmissions, the fastest quarter mile cars in the world are mtx. The ATX is best overall for average drivers but a pro will always use aMTX. MTX cars have been traditionally faster than ATX cars when compared head to head, but that doesnt you mean you can't cancel the mtx advanatge with other mods but same engine per same engine the MTX wins.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:37 PM
pssssst
Veteran

i could just say my tranny is sliiping if i had an auto and lost lol

Old 10-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: pssssst

i could just say my tranny is sliiping if i had an auto and lost lol
I used that excuse before....lol actually I used that excuse so I could convince the other guy todo a rolling start at the speed my powerband kicks in....lol Yes I'm adirty Racer and thats boarderline Ricer but my tranny really did have problems...I won the race cuz I was all wound up in my powerbandand he never had a shot.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:43 AM
pssssst
Veteran

haha, nice

Old 10-18-2007, 08:30 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Slashwannabe
Das, a highly exprienced driverand good shifting mtx will kill any automatic anyday, the top fuel dragsters are pushing 4 second quarter miles with manual transmissions, funny cars are also still manual transmissions, the fastest quarter mile cars in the world are mtx. The ATX is best overall for average drivers but a pro will always use aMTX. MTX cars have been traditionally faster than ATX cars when compared head to head, but that doesnt you mean you can't cancel the mtx advanatge with other mods but same engine per same engine the MTX wins.
The quickest neons in the world are ATX though!

Old 10-18-2007, 08:57 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

im with das on that one...plus thanks to das i know you can brake boost in a auto[8D]i have been playing with my friends turboed eclipse since then

Quick Reply: 2.4 Engine sawp