just proved the neons capability

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 08:16 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: just proved the neons capability

ORIGINAL: 96ACR*

it doesnt matter chevy still sucks and dodge is still faster..take a hemi cuda and put it against a chevy and see what happens..like who cares about chevy they blow.. no matter how much you sugar coat it..plain and simple chevy = junk! My buddies plymouth laser turbo beat a newer mustang GT like a laser? but everyone has there opinion..different strokes for different folks. how about a lotus elise..faster then a corvette in almost everything except 1/4 mile and its only a tenth of a second behind..and its only 190 hp engine!! my buddies g/f dad has one and hes beaten every corvette in town and a twin turbo 350z and anything else that tries him..the list could go on and on for fast cars..
And Dodge has been as guilty of being junk as any other car brand......or you obviously dont know much about cars...

You also forget the weight of the two cars.....The Lotus Elise weighs like 1800lbs.....so its already going to beat alot of cars that have to have that extra HP to get past the weight of the car.....

Please simply stop talking out of your rear end and perhaps use some common sense.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:34 AM
ohioguru
Veteran

yes the lotus is mostly better in stock form than the corvette....but when u go to a track....corvettes walk all over them...i work at midohio,i see about10 vettes for every elise....so why do more racers choose a vette over a elise?....hmmm well everyone wantsto get money....and you do that by winning....so you choose a car that you think willdo that better......ive driven boath...i prefer the vette....

Old 11-05-2007, 01:41 PM
fsu182
Captain

right now there is a six cylinder porsche that can run with a vette, viper, and lambo... weight is key. its why our cars stand a chance against anything bigger.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:40 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: fsu182

right now there is a six cylinder porsche that can run with a vette, viper, and lambo... weight is key. its why our cars stand a chance against anything bigger.
Inline six, and yes....weight is key....

The SRT-4 Neon is one of the fastest production cars ever, but it also weighs roughly 500-700lbs less thenmost of the cars you can compare it too.....so no matter what you do....the HP to weight ratio is always in the favor of the SRT-4...until the opposition can counteract it...

This is why the base Corvette loses and the Z06 wins against an SRT-4...

Old 11-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

And Dodge has been as guilty of being junk as any other car brand......or you obviously dont know much about cars...

I Challenge you to put any engine ever made up against a 2.2 Chrysler and 426 hemi's durability record. Chrysler engineers tested the 426 Hemi at 8000 Rpm for 2 weeks straight, refer to the Motorbooks international "Hemi History" book for proof which is backed by Chrysler Engineers, My brothers stock 350 lasted exactly 10 seconds at 6500Rpm before the rods flew out of the pan, the only thing that comes close to this durability is a Nascar 358Ci engine which withstands 9,000 Rpm for 4 hours then has to be rebuilt.

Assuming one keeps the oil up on a engine and coolent level up I challenge you to find one engine that can outlast a 2.2 Chrysler (non turbo). You havne't worked onenough cars it looks like to see theworkmansship of Chrysler Corp engineers and pioneering of tehcnology they have come up with. Designs on the original 331 hemi in 1951 which was designed in the mid-late40sare finally being put to use by performance manufacturers such as Eldlebrock,Crane Cams,Chevy and Ford and many others.

A few pioneering aspects they were in on were Dual Point Distributers 20 years ahead of Ford and Chevy while these companys used just single point systems, Raised intake manifold for cooler charge, Also Chrysler Engineers invented theFirst Tunnel Ram Intake Manifold used on the 354 Hemi equiped Car "The High And Mighty" which was also the first Funny car due to the way its susspension was set up. The 1955 331 CI HemiChrysler 300 was the first car in a America over 300 Hp and the FIRST Muscle Car EVER!2 years before Chevys 283 Fuel injected engine equiped cars were considered the first Muscle Cars. These engines also employed Forged Steel Crank Shafts for superior strength compared to its Chevy and Ford counterparts, First camshafts certified to last 1 million miles until replacment is needed.

The rules in 1952 were changed in Indy car Racing outlawing the Chrysler Hemi Engine because it was superior to theEuropean DOHC Engines most Indycars were using. Into the 60s The Chrysler Hemi was also inovative because of its bullitproof bottum end which employed Cross Bolted main caps. The Chrysler Designed Plymouth and Dodge Superbird and Daytona Charger were the first cars in Nascar to reach 200mph because of their legendary Hemi engine and advanced AeroDynamics. This isn't a post on how great the Hemi Engine is, its a post on the bread and butter durability and Greatness which is CHRYSLER CORPERATION, Other companys just do not compete. This isn't about Mines better than yours this and that, look at history read about the inovative and durabledesigns Chrysler has come up with and their durability record suprasses most any company in the world and this is why I am a Mopar fan, I was hard core Lamborghini and Ferrari growing up but I later found out that alot of what made those cars great was from Chrysler Corp setting the standards high with their first V8 Engine the Chrysler Hemi. You can say otherwise but these Engines if not for loop holes in the rules that outlawed them hold every record for Racing when RawPerformance is involved and recorded. Chrysler didn't Invent The Hemi Engine but they made it what it IS today and they made a failed design into the greatest engine ever and NO word in Automotive talk anywhere in the World can Strike fear and amazment into people like the word "Hemi" and yes the Hemi which makes this word great is the Chrysler designed Hemi's.

Also one designyou might not expect Chrysler to have madeis the M1 Abrams Tank The Best and Most advanced tank in the world Designed and Built by Chrysler Engineers.

Since the popularization of Cars in the US and BeyondWhathave other car companys contributed that is as significant as Chryslers achievments?

Not one damn Chrysler car I've ever owned or other people i've known use them haveEVER had an Engine blowup that wasnt the direct result of neglagence on the owner,such as forgetting to put oil in andcoolent.

Go look in Junkyards and see How many Chryslers to Chevys and Fords you see. Junkyards are aChevy and Ford wet dream for people who are looking for parts for their Chevy,Ford and Japanesecars. Most of the Mopars ever made are still on the Road.

I should have just summed up my quote to you by saying "junk Yards are the barometer for Durability and look at all the Ford,Chevys and imports in there!"

Old 11-05-2007, 08:31 PM
96ACR*
Veteran

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

it doesnt matter chevy still sucks and dodge is still faster..take a hemi cuda and put it against a chevy and see what happens..like who cares about chevy they blow.. no matter how much you sugar coat it..plain and simple chevy = junk! My buddies plymouth laser turbo beat a newer mustang GT like a laser? but everyone has there opinion..different strokes for different folks. how about a lotus elise..faster then a corvette in almost everything except 1/4 mile and its only a tenth of a second behind..and its only 190 hp engine!! my buddies g/f dad has one and hes beaten every corvette in town and a twin turbo 350z and anything else that tries him..the list could go on and on for fast cars..

You also forget the weight of the two cars.....The Lotus Elise weighs like 1800lbs.....so its already going to beat alot of cars that have to have that extra HP to get past the weight of the car.....

Please simply stop talking out of your rear end and perhaps use some common sense.

Yea if you think dodge is junk maybe you should use some common sense but w/e slash just summed everything up and of course the lotus weighs less but its still a car and its still just as fast as a vette. or anything else. And if your going to try and tell mei dont know much about cars get your facts straight before you try and judge me..you dont know me and youll never know me so use some common sense and dont talk about me bnecause you dont know me..i may be 17 but i probly know more about cars then you do

Old 11-05-2007, 11:41 PM
mulletman11
All Star

aaahhhhh i luv drama, ye!

Old 11-06-2007, 10:06 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Slashwannabe
I Challenge you to put any engine ever made up against a 2.2 Chrysler and 426 hemi's durability record. Chrysler engineers tested the 426 Hemi at 8000 Rpm for 2 weeks straight, refer to the Motorbooks international "Hemi History" book for proof which is backed by Chrysler Engineers, My brothers stock 350 lasted exactly 10 seconds at 6500Rpm before the rods flew out of the pan, the only thing that comes close to this durability is a Nascar 358Ci engine which withstands 9,000 Rpm for 4 hours then has to be rebuilt.

Assuming one keeps the oil up on a engine and coolent level up I challenge you to find one engine that can outlast a 2.2 Chrysler (non turbo). You havne't worked onenough cars it looks like to see theworkmansship of Chrysler Corp engineers and pioneering of tehcnology they have come up with. Designs on the original 331 hemi in 1951 which was designed in the mid-late40sare finally being put to use by performance manufacturers such as Eldlebrock,Crane Cams,Chevy and Ford and many others.

A few pioneering aspects they were in on were Dual Point Distributers 20 years ahead of Ford and Chevy while these companys used just single point systems, Raised intake manifold for cooler charge, Also Chrysler Engineers invented theFirst Tunnel Ram Intake Manifold used on the 354 Hemi equiped Car "The High And Mighty" which was also the first Funny car due to the way its susspension was set up. The 1955 331 CI HemiChrysler 300 was the first car in a America over 300 Hp and the FIRST Muscle Car EVER!2 years before Chevys 283 Fuel injected engine equiped cars were considered the first Muscle Cars. These engines also employed Forged Steel Crank Shafts for superior strength compared to its Chevy and Ford counterparts, First camshafts certified to last 1 million miles until replacment is needed.

The rules in 1952 were changed in Indy car Racing outlawing the Chrysler Hemi Engine because it was superior to theEuropean DOHC Engines most Indycars were using. Into the 60s The Chrysler Hemi was also inovative because of its bullitproof bottum end which employed Cross Bolted main caps. The Chrysler Designed Plymouth and Dodge Superbird and Daytona Charger were the first cars in Nascar to reach 200mph because of their legendary Hemi engine and advanced AeroDynamics. This isn't a post on how great the Hemi Engine is, its a post on the bread and butter durability and Greatness which is CHRYSLER CORPERATION, Other companys just do not compete. This isn't about Mines better than yours this and that, look at history read about the inovative and durabledesigns Chrysler has come up with and their durability record suprasses most any company in the world and this is why I am a Mopar fan, I was hard core Lamborghini and Ferrari growing up but I later found out that alot of what made those cars great was from Chrysler Corp setting the standards high with their first V8 Engine the Chrysler Hemi. You can say otherwise but these Engines if not for loop holes in the rules that outlawed them hold every record for Racing when RawPerformance is involved and recorded. Chrysler didn't Invent The Hemi Engine but they made it what it IS today and they made a failed design into the greatest engine ever and NO word in Automotive talk anywhere in the World can Strike fear and amazment into people like the word "Hemi" and yes the Hemi which makes this word great is the Chrysler designed Hemi's.

Also one designyou might not expect Chrysler to have madeis the M1 Abrams Tank The Best and Most advanced tank in the world Designed and Built by Chrysler Engineers.

Since the popularization of Cars in the US and BeyondWhathave other car companys contributed that is as significant as Chryslers achievments?

Not one damn Chrysler car I've ever owned or other people i've known use them haveEVER had an Engine blowup that wasnt the direct result of neglagence on the owner,such as forgetting to put oil in andcoolent.

Go look in Junkyards and see How many Chryslers to Chevys and Fords you see. Junkyards are aChevy and Ford wet dream for people who are looking for parts for their Chevy,Ford and Japanesecars. Most of the Mopars ever made are still on the Road.

I should have just summed up my quote to you by saying "junk Yards are the barometer for Durability and look at all the Ford,Chevys and imports in there!"
For starters, I know all about the M1 Abrams....as not only did I grow up and live on military bases most of my life, but I'm also a bit of a history nut myself....

You want motors that were proven? Try just about any of the Chevy motors from the late 60's and early 70's.....the 396, the 409, the 427, and the 454.....all great motors...and dont even get me started on the Buick 3800 V6 block.....as its designed for turbo/supercharging out the gate.....or let's not even forget the LS series of motors.....as that motor is definitely "proven".

In fact, you took my comment completely out of context because I wasnt even discussing Chrysler motors....just the vehicles in general...and you can argue that until your blue in the face and not be able to win that arguement....half of Chrysler's decent cars and motors in the 80's and 90's came from joint ventures with Mitsubishi.....Also, if most people took care of their vehicles, (i.e. proper maintenance) then most people wouldnt have the issue they've had. Now, we all know there are exceptions to this (Ford) but Chevy and Chrysler both have had major issues in the recent past...

I hate to tell you this as well, but depending on where you go...you'll find just as many Dodge vehicles as you will any other make in junkyards...some vehicles are good...and others arent...and that applies for all automakers...

I'm sure I could go thru and post up a bunch of things that other automakers have created or done that would equal or rival Chryslers contributions....but why would it matter? You're going to continue thinking Chrysler is the end all be all....so why bother...

Oh and that popular item on the market right now for motors... the multi displacement system...which everyone is using now...was originally designed by Cadillac....before Chrysler even existed...

i may be 17 but i probly know more about cars then you do
I doubt that....very, very much......

Old 11-06-2007, 11:20 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn....alot of hostility..
i love chrysler, but im not gonna fight for them.....its a damn car company..they all have their own problems and they all have their own good points

Old 11-06-2007, 04:09 PM
ohioguru
Veteran

since im not retarded i know that hp/lbs makes a diff....but theres a reason why the lotus does not compete on the track in the F1 classes with the vette....ive been there and driven boath.....and its just a car.....its the people who support them that makes them popular.....so if we keep arguing like this and fighting between our own mopar fam...were going to end up like the people who support hondas....

Quick Reply: just proved the neons capability