1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

just proved the neons capability

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:37 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: just proved the neons capability

i think its more fun to race in school zones since you can get alot more points when you hit a bunch of them in 1 group.........4-10year old has to be worth atleast 30 points

Old 10-31-2007, 10:40 PM
estneon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im not saying the corvette is the onlyfast chevy. i said there was more but im not going to list them all. the corvette is fast in the top speed thats whati meant. also the older mopars could kill alot of chevys and still can...ask yourself this how much work dose it take to drag a old chevy compared to most mopars[8D]. don't get me wrong i respectgm a little but i only like pontiac i started with old gms and now im a mopar owner do the math gm sucks. what iwas tying to say is that most people use the corvette to say that gm is the best and think they can't beat a s10. oh spud did you know if you hit a kid holding a baby it's worth 150 points.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:41 PM
spudsterier
Legend

no thats new to me....how many is it worth if i hit a kid holding twins????[8D]

Old 10-31-2007, 10:53 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: estneon

im not saying the corvette is the onlyfast chevy. i said there was more but im not going to list them all. the corvette is fast in the top speed thats whati meant. also the older mopars could kill alot of chevys and still can...ask yourself this how much work dose it take to drag a old chevy compared to most mopars[8D]. don't get me wrong i respectgm a little but i only like pontiac i started with old gms and now im a mopar owner do the math gm sucks. what iwas tying to say is that most people use the corvette to say that gm is the best and think they can't beat a s10. oh spud did you know if you hit a kid holding a baby it's worth 150 points.
You again show your lack of knowledge......

Need I bring up any one of the Yenko model Chevy cars? (Chevelle, Nova, Camaro) Or perhaps we can discuss the SS models of the Nova, Chevelle, Monte Carlo, Impala, Camaro....and then we can flip over to Pontiac and snag the GTO, Firebird/Trans Am....or the Buick Grand National...or the Oldsmobile Cutlass/442....

All of those cars were high HP and serious powerhouses....and all of them were fully capable of competing with anything the MOPAR world had.....I'm not saying they won everytime....but the fact is both were pretty well balanced. Both had great motors & great cars.....

Oh, and one of the more recent GM vehicles, the Buick Grand National GNX, was running mid 13's in the 1/4and high 4's in the 0-60....something some high end performance cars like the SRT-8's cant do....and that was only with a lowly turbo-charged V6, 280hp, and a weight of about 3500lbs...(still to this day one of the fastest production cars ever built stock)

Old 10-31-2007, 11:41 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

hell the engine in my bonneville is bigger then a gto enginechevys are built ok but their not the best mopar had it's ups and downs toobut i see more old mopars still runing then pos chevys atleast out here. my bonneville will out do most mopars but it still needs more then $7000 in reenforcements toeven try...i think chevys can be fast but it takes alot more work to fix up their bad parts...mopar maid some better cars but their not pefect either. i get what you are saying though.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:44 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

ORIGINAL: estneon

i like this post it proves people don't now anything about chevy. the only realy fast chevy is the corvette...theres more but their not worth talking about. my faverite thing about chevy was they got the viper banned from racing agaist their corvette on some track racing thing...because it was faster...i thought that was the point[8D]
Only really fast Chevy is the Corvette??? Are you as stupid as you sound? Other then the Viper, what has Dodge built that's been ridiculous fast? They have a few vehicles, but most of those have come in the last 3-5 years, and half of them have already had production ended on them. (SRT-4 Neon, Ram SRT-10, Magnum R/T SRT). On top of that, if you exclude the last 5 years of production, you have to go all the way back to like 1971-73 to find a fast Dodge/Chrysler built vehicle. The only possible exceptions would be the Dodge Daytona & Shadow, but even these werent really fast.(Dodge Stealth and Eagle Talon are Mitsubishi built vehicles, doesnt count.)

So, what was Chevy doing in that same time??? Let's see there..... Lumina Z34, Monte Carlo SS, Impala SS, Camaro SS/Z28, Caprice, Corvette......all Chevy built cars... and these are cars that are from the late 80's until now.....all that would outperform most of what Dodge has done in the same amount of time.

To say the Corvette is the only fast Chevy islike me saying the only fast Dodge is the Viper....

As to the whole Neon vs. S-10....you beat a slow P.O.S. that couldnt get out of its own way let alone the Neon. The 4.3L V6 was underpowered even in its prime (170-200hp/220-250ftlbs of torque, depending on the year) Honestly, it's nothing to brag about.
Well I agree that Chevys aren't all slow, My brother has a 550hp 327 in his 69 Camero RS and it will make you cry when he un corks it. When my dad drives the car and "bang" shifts that 4 speed in there you feel as if a earthquake is happening, I know my brother built the motor and its not stock but even the original 327 hauled good ***.

There were some fast Chevys over the years but do not forget about the Turbo "K cars" Dodge Chrysler and Plymouth made which could do 12-13 second 1/4miles if you added slicks and adjusted the waste gate in 10 minutes, Alot of Fords and Chevy owners really didn't want to admit these cars walked them like aRed Headed step child. You know nothing about car history and know **** in Genreral if you forget that with NO MODS AT ALL and just by adjusting the wastegate and using slicks you can get a K-Car into the 13-12 second range, Its been done before and thats fast enough to smoke almostany Chevy ever made in the 1/4mile, don't beleive me, then go to the track and watch them run and then interview the owner. These engines need no defending they have proven themselves.

The 1984 Dodge Van my Parents have with a 360 could killl 5.0 Mustangs and it really did! My Parents newer 1992 Dodge van with the newer fuel injected plenum that looks like a blower took out my Sisters boy friends mildy built 350Silverado 3/4 ton and the van Weighs 1,000lbs more! Even my parents Ford and Chevy vans could never match the power of the Dodge van.

Chrysler Corpdidn't sit idle with performance during the mid 70s-2002, their Car body designers did with exception on their vans and Neons and the early 90sCharger. These cars were often overlooked because they carried Economy car looks but were always capable of 12-13 second quarter mile times witha 10 minute waste gate adjustment. Not to mention the 2.2 and 2.5 were indestructable, only way you could blow one up was by not making sure you kept the oil up.

The thing is none of the car companys sat idle with performance, The only thing Chrysler sat on was their design choices for their performance cars, where as Chevy (all of GM)and Ford should be given credit for making their flagship cars look sporty such as the Camero,Corvette,Firebird/TransAmand FordsMustang. The only car the 2.2 Turbo wasn't capable of beating is probably the Corvette and thats after 130Mph because of lack of gearing, but Chrysler did Build a car that could kill the Corvette and that was THE WRAITH. The 80s movie "The Wraith" used a Chrysler designed body and a Chrysler 2.2 Twin Turbo engine producing 400+hp in a 2200lb car that could propell it to 200mph!!!!! EAT THAT CHEVY AND FORD!

Wraith History- http://www.thewraithcar.com/wraithhistory.html

Build Your Own Wraith- http://www.wraithinnovations.com/turbointerceptor.html

Old 11-01-2007, 08:37 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Slashwannabe
There were some fast Chevys over the years but do not forget about the Turbo "K cars" Dodge Chrysler and Plymouth made which could do 12-13 second 1/4miles if you added slicks and adjusted the waste gate in 10 minutes, Alot of Fords and Chevy owners really didn't want to admit these cars walked them like aRed Headed step child. You know nothing about car history and know **** in Genreral if you forget that with NO MODS AT ALL and just by adjusting the wastegate and using slicks you can get a K-Car into the 13-12 second range, Its been done before and thats fast enough to smoke almostany Chevy ever made in the 1/4mile, don't beleive me, then go to the track and watch them run and then interview the owner. These engines need no defending they have proven themselves.
Once you start talking about modding any car in a speed list, you lose all ability to list them. What I'm talking about is what those cars performed like coming off the factory line, as that's all that really matters. Unfortunately, they performed fairly average. The 2.2 and 2.5 motors are some of the best built, and I've personally seen them built up and ran like a bat out of hell.

Honestly, there are a ton of cars out there with a small amount of money ($3000 or less) you could seriously mod and make a performer out of....but in this discussion, I'm talking straight off the showroom floor.....which unfortunately.....excludes most of what your talking about....

I do want to however say that I did overlook one set of cars, the Shelby lineup of cars from 83-87....the GLHS for starters..

The only car the 2.2 Turbo wasn't capable of beating is probably the Corvette and thats after 130Mph because of lack of gearing, but Chrysler did Build a car that could kill the Corvette and that was THE WRAITH. The 80s movie "The Wraith" used a Chrysler designed body and a Chrysler 2.2 Twin Turbo engine producing 400+hp in a 2200lb car that could propell it to 200mph!!!!! EAT THAT CHEVY AND FORD!

Wraith History- http://www.thewraithcar.com/wraithhistory.html

Build Your Own Wraith- http://www.wraithinnovations.com/turbointerceptor.html
While the Dodge Turbo Interceptor aka The Wraith, is one of my personal and all time favorite cars, it is again using a modified motor that was never built or put into a single Dodge/Chrysler vehicle.

If you are going to go that route....then so will I...

http://www.fastcoolcars.com/callaway_sledgehammer.htm

Callaway SledgeHammer Corvette- still one of the top 10 fastest cars all time - built in 1988
Twin Turbo V8 - 880hp - top speed 254.76 mph

Old 11-01-2007, 11:04 AM
spudsterier
Legend

i wish i had an old omni glhs[:@]....i really like those cars...

around here i dont see any old mopars.....none at all beides an old 69 charger shell sitting under a tarp behind sumones shed.......though there are plenty of old chevy.....a really nice chevelle ss, and a very very nice 454 chevelle....i wish i had a chevelle.....and i would deffinetaly take one over most old mopars except for a 69 road runner and a 71 cuda

Old 11-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

Once you start talking about modding any car in a speed list, you lose all ability to list them. What I'm talking about is what those cars performed like coming off the factory line, as that's all that really matters. Unfortunately, they performed fairly average. The 2.2 and 2.5 motors are some of the best built, and I've personally seen them built up and ran like a bat out of hell.

Honestly, there are a ton of cars out there with a small amount of money ($3000 or less) you could seriously mod and make a performer out of....but in this discussion, I'm talking straight off the showroom floor.....which unfortunately.....excludes most of what your talking about....

I do want to however say that I did overlook one set of cars, the Shelby lineup of cars from 83-87....the GLHS for starters..

While the Dodge Turbo Interceptor aka The Wraith, is one of my personal and all time favorite cars, it is again using a modified motor that was never built or put into a single Dodge/Chrysler vehicle.

If you are going to go that route....then so will I...

Callaway SledgeHammer Corvette- still one of the top 10 fastest cars all time - built in 1988
Twin Turbo V8 - 880hp - top speed 254.76 mph
Adjusting a thumbscrew on the boost controller of a 2.2 Chrysler TurboEngine is hardly considered a MOD, that would be like saying your car is modded because you adjusted your breaks. It also does not take any money to adjust this thumbscrew unless your getting paid by the second. They could run 13s-12s in some cases off the show room floor, all that was needed was 1 minute to pop hood and turn up the boost controller with the stock parts available at the time. All though I would agree with you on a few of these cars seeing in 86 they came with a computer controlled boost controller and then you would prove to be correct on the technicality of modding.

If you want to bring up the Calloway Corvette I guess its time for me to break out the 426 Hemi powered car that OWNS the land Speed Record for wheeled Vehicles at 409Mph in 1991. Top That! http://www.bluebird-electric.net/al_teague.htm

On August 21, 1991 Al was timed at 425.230 mph in the measured mile and had a combined two average of 409.986 mph. His trap speed at the end of the measured mile was 432 mph, the fastest any wheel driven vehicle has ever gone. Within an hour, the car was serviced, turned around, and ran 394 mph to average 409.986 mph--a NEW FIA wheel-driven World Land Speed Record. Incredibly, it was all done by Teague, his wife, Jane, and a few buddies--without major sponsorship!

All done by a Chrysler Hemi!

I really respect the battle of car wits you bestow opon me because you are finally somebody who shows some form of a brain and thank you.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:03 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Adjusting a thumbscrew on the boost controller of a 2.2 Chrysler TurboEngine is hardly considered a MOD, that would be like saying your car is modded because you adjusted your breaks. It also does not take any money to adjust this thumbscrew unless your getting paid by the second. They could run 13s-12s in some cases off the show room floor, all that was needed was 1 minute to pop hood and turn up the boost controller with the stock parts available at the time. All though I would agree with you on a few of these cars seeing in 86 they came with a computer controlled boost controller and then you would prove to be correct on the technicality of modding.

If you want to bring up the Calloway Corvette I guess its time for me to break out the 426 Hemi powered car that OWNS the land Speed Record for wheeled Vehicles at 409Mph in 1991. Top That! http://www.bluebird-electric.net/al_teague.htm

On August 21, 1991 Al was timed at 425.230 mph in the measured mile and had a combined two average of 409.986 mph. His trap speed at the end of the measured mile was 432 mph, the fastest any wheel driven vehicle has ever gone. Within an hour, the car was serviced, turned around, and ran 394 mph to average 409.986 mph--a NEW FIA wheel-driven World Land Speed Record. Incredibly, it was all done by Teague, his wife, Jane, and a few buddies--without major sponsorship!

All done by a Chrysler Hemi!

I really respect the battle of car wits you bestow opon me because you are finally somebody who shows some form of a brain and thank you.
I agree, adjusting a screw is hardly a mod....but you couldnt get those kind of numbers off the showroom floor. If I handed you the keys, and said run a 1/4 mile in the street....you wouldnt run 13's.....and that was the whole point. Also, some of those cars werent able to be adjusted like we've already stated.

1.) Don Vesco's turbine powered (but wheel driven) streamliner has recently (October 2001) raised the official FIA wheel driven record to458.440 mph! A fantastic achievement. He said " The down run Thursday morning at 11:03 a.m. resulted in a speed over the measured mile of 458.718 MPH. The return run at 11:58 a.m. was 458.162 MPH for an average of 458.440 MPH. The weather that morning was perfect, about 60 degrees (f), very little wind, no clouds. The salt was the best I have seen it in the 43 years I have been going to Bonneville." Pictures and more info are set to appear on the Team Vesco site at http://www.teamvesco.com/ Don Vesco died of cancer in San Diego aged 63 on 16 December 2002. One of the great names of record breaking and a Bonneville legend.

2.) The Calloway Corvette is also street legal, that Hemi powered car isnt.....

3.) Think about this for a second.... the Hennessey Viper TT1000 has 1000hp and was only able to beat a roughly 18 year old car by about 2mph per hour in top speed....despite having better technology, better options, and a better design...

Quick Reply: just proved the neons capability