just proved the neons capability

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Slashwannabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: just proved the neons capability

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

ORIGINAL: Slashwannabe

Adjusting a thumbscrew on the boost controller of a 2.2 Chrysler TurboEngine is hardly considered a MOD, that would be like saying your car is modded because you adjusted your breaks. It also does not take any money to adjust this thumbscrew unless your getting paid by the second. They could run 13s-12s in some cases off the show room floor, all that was needed was 1 minute to pop hood and turn up the boost controller with the stock parts available at the time. All though I would agree with you on a few of these cars seeing in 86 they came with a computer controlled boost controller and then you would prove to be correct on the technicality of modding.

If you want to bring up the Calloway Corvette I guess its time for me to break out the 426 Hemi powered car that OWNS the land Speed Record for wheeled Vehicles at 409Mph in 1991. Top That! http://www.bluebird-electric.net/al_teague.htm

On August 21, 1991 Al was timed at 425.230 mph in the measured mile and had a combined two average of 409.986 mph. His trap speed at the end of the measured mile was 432 mph, the fastest any wheel driven vehicle has ever gone. Within an hour, the car was serviced, turned around, and ran 394 mph to average 409.986 mph--a NEW FIA wheel-driven World Land Speed Record. Incredibly, it was all done by Teague, his wife, Jane, and a few buddies--without major sponsorship!

All done by a Chrysler Hemi!

I really respect the battle of car wits you bestow opon me because you are finally somebody who shows some form of a brain and thank you.
I agree, adjusting a screw is hardly a mod....but you couldnt get those kind of numbers off the showroom floor. If I handed you the keys, and said run a 1/4 mile in the street....you wouldnt run 13's.....and that was the whole point. Also, some of those cars werent able to be adjusted like we've already stated.

1.) Don Vesco's turbine powered (but wheel driven) streamliner has recently (October 2001) raised the official FIA wheel driven record to458.440 mph! A fantastic achievement. He said " The down run Thursday morning at 11:03 a.m. resulted in a speed over the measured mile of 458.718 MPH. The return run at 11:58 a.m. was 458.162 MPH for an average of 458.440 MPH. The weather that morning was perfect, about 60 degrees (f), very little wind, no clouds. The salt was the best I have seen it in the 43 years I have been going to Bonneville." Pictures and more info are set to appear on the Team Vesco site at http://www.teamvesco.com/ Don Vesco died of cancer in San Diego aged 63 on 16 December 2002. One of the great names of record breaking and a Bonneville legend.

2.) The Calloway Corvette is also street legal, that Hemi powered car isnt.....

3.) Think about this for a second.... the Hennessey Viper TT1000 has 1000hp and was only able to beat a roughly 18 year old car by about 2mph per hour in top speed....despite having better technology, better options, and a better design...
Well I don't think anybody disagrees that Ford and Chevy through the mid 70s-early 2000s were making performance their mainstay unlike chrysler focusing on economy.

By the way I do not consider the K-cars sports cars or fast looking cars except the early90sDaytona, I think their engines were great and needed very little to make them great performers where as Chevy and Ford you needed a bit more to get them in the same performance bracket, and the Garrett and Mitsubishi Turbos were at the forefront of why these cars are even brought up in the same breath as performance. But I will say that the Dodge 318 and 360 did spank the 350 chevy in equivilent applications such as vans and trucks and also yeilded a better head design, but these engines are basically late 50s and 60s tech that were used up until 2001 and I think the 4.8 V8 might be similar but I dunno.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:31 PM
justinsanders
Captain

although now im kinda upset cuz my friend in his stock automatic integra came speeding up from behind then i stepped on it from 2nd gearand now he thinks that his car is faster than mine because he passed me.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: justinsanders

although now im kinda upset cuz my friend in his stock automatic integra came speeding up from behind then i stepped on it from 2nd gearand now he thinks that his car is faster than mine because he passed me.
Have your bud line up with my Neon in say....about a week. I'll shove 7psi of Neon Power up his ***.

Old 11-03-2007, 01:44 AM
fsu182
Captain
Old 11-03-2007, 01:44 AM
fsu182
Captain

we went from a neon vs an s10 to corvettes and vipers. dodge built the 1968 hurst hemi dart. that'd be like shoving a viper engine in a neon today. ok so not quite like that but still. im a mopar fan. dodge innovates. chevrolet have their decent cars as well. to hell with fords.as long as you're not driving something made by hop-sing in bangladesh, its alright with me.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:12 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

1.) Don Vesco's turbine powered (but wheel driven) streamliner has recently (October 2001) raised the official FIA wheel driven record to458.440 mph! A fantastic achievement. He said " The down run Thursday morning at 11:03 a.m. resulted in a speed over the measured mile of 458.718 MPH. The return run at 11:58 a.m. was 458.162 MPH for an average of 458.440 MPH.
The Hemi'srecord still stands at 409mph for piston engines.

This guy built this hemi car in his moms garage imagine if he stuck a top fuel dragster Hemiengine and big budget into a car like this you'd see easy 450s with 10,000 Hp.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:52 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

i don't hate chevy for their performance. i would love to have a few of the chevys. but if i had to chose i would get a hemi and put it in aoldmopar. we can all agree chevy has some cars that can kick ***, but some of those cars needed alot of work. when im done with my bonneville i hope it flys but like i said it's going to take alot to get it there. hell i think im evendoing an light weight frame for it when i get the cash.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:21 AM
96ACR*
Veteran

it doesnt matter chevy still sucks and dodge is still faster..take a hemi cuda and put it against a chevy and see what happens..like who cares about chevy they blow.. no matter how much you sugar coat it..plain and simple chevy = junk! My buddies plymouth laser turbo beat a newer mustang GT like a laser? but everyone has there opinion..different strokes for different folks. how about a lotus elise..faster then a corvette in almost everything except 1/4 mile and its only a tenth of a second behind..and its only 190 hp engine!! my buddies g/f dad has one and hes beaten every corvette in town and a twin turbo 350z and anything else that tries him..the list could go on and on for fast cars..

Old 11-05-2007, 12:52 AM
n33d4mid16
Old 11-05-2007, 01:01 AM
n33d4mid16

ORIGINAL: fsu182

i have a 95 blazer vortec 4.3 H.O. that is throttle body injected, as appose to later 4.3s that are center port injected. and a dohc neon. the neon is faster but its a car. the blazer has 260 lb ft of torque for pulling not for acceleration. why would someone gauge their car against something with a frame twice as heavy? uphill the blazer would womp the neon. on the level though the neon would pull away. plus blazers are speed limited to 95ish. mph.
94-95 vortec's are cpi's and 96+ are tbi not that your 95 is bad it has 5 more horses than the tbi

Quick Reply: just proved the neons capability