1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

kinda confused about oil troubles...VIDEO IS UP RIGHT NOW

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 01:35 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: kinda confused about oil troubles...uploading video right now...

and still why am i haveing a major oil loss??? does the spun bearing explain this??

Old 12-01-2007, 01:49 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

so do i need to get new bearings installed??? or is my engine shot ?? cuz i found on google search these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=140185454971

i dont even know were the bearings are at [>:] are they under the vavle cover?? cuz thats were it sounds like its comeing from

Old 12-01-2007, 02:16 PM
vlmuke
Professional

its very easy in your case to change a spun bearing because its probably walmarts fault, if it hasn't leaked since you filled it up they probably forgot to fill it back up with oil(if thats the case), what you will have to prove is their neglagance ie left the shop without oil in the crankcase, you take pics of the underside showing no major leaking, what youshould first do is contact the sevice manager at your local walmart explain to him what happened ask you would like walmart to either fix the problem or replace the motor with a rebuild lower, if that fails contact corprate in bentonville AR, if that fails then pay a lawyer to write the service manager and corporate a letter(costs around 20.00 depending on your location)stating that you would like this matter solved without going to court if they don't fix it then you will sue for damages lost wages and demand ample compensation to purchase a replacement vehicle, but if you don't get a resonce within a timely manner you will be foced to file a lawsuit
walmart will most likely pay to have it repaired as the 800 or 900 it will cost to repair it, as it will be cheaper than paying a lawyer in court costs and fees just take your time gather all the facts write them down and explain what happened and when talking with the service manager or corporate try not to lose your temper just be nice as possible
good luck

Old 12-01-2007, 02:23 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: boxerjl2

so do i need to get new bearings installed??? or is my engine shot ?? cuz i found on google search these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=140185454971

i dont even know were the bearings are at [>:] are they under the vavle cover?? cuz thats were it sounds like its comeing from
the noise kinda sounds likeits coming from you valve tarin. pull the valve cover and make sure everthing is in one peice

rod bearing are in the lower part of you engine

Old 12-01-2007, 02:26 PM
vlmuke
Professional

since you replied while I was posting since you still having a leak have you double checked the oil filter for tightness or you also might want to see if the old gasket stuck to the flange as that happens sometimes or check for stripped threads if they cross threaded it it might not seat properly but might be tight but still contact walmart and explain what happened tell you had the oil changed in OK and ob the way you lost all the oil it wasn't doing it before they changed it maybe if its not too far you can drive it over there and let them put it on the hoist and see whats wrong with it

Old 12-01-2007, 02:41 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

the closest walmart is 100 miles

Old 12-01-2007, 02:42 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

i have to go to work but all read all other posts later thanks for the help i need all i can get

Old 12-01-2007, 10:45 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

12 volt i will check that out but right now i have no time i go to school at 7 in the morning then go to work at 5, an hour after school and then work untill 12:30 am so i get home around 1 and go to bed but i have friday and saturday off so ill prolly check that out then and take pics and a video

Old 12-01-2007, 11:03 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

Is the wal-mart thats 100 miles away in great falls???

if so it sounds like my service manager has a big problem on his hands. lol hes a good guy and he hates walmart so you can probally get him on your side pretty easyly...

Might be able to finally meet you.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:06 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

no great falls is way farther like 300 i think 7 hour drive on whatever happened to my car probably wouldnt be good and i will be constantly filling my car with oil.... i would be going to kalispell but im going to call them first...to see

Quick Reply: kinda confused about oil troubles...VIDEO IS UP RIGHT NOW