1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Finally! Turbo Pics of my "Complete" setup!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Slashwannabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally! Turbo Pics of my "Complete" setup!

Well Last night I got the Turbo on the new manifold and all my Mickey Mouse Coolent T's switched over to nice plastic T's so it all looks professional. Took some pic's this morning, Took it for a test drive and she's got ***** from 1800 Rpm+ getting on the highway is much easier with the log style manifold, I use less than 32nd of the pedal's total play to get going its amazing!. 1800 Rpm is where she starts planting you in the seat and I can brake torque it at like 2,000 Rpm and roach the tires.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:51 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker
Default RE: Finally! Turbo Pics of my "Complete" setup!

which turbo mani did you end up getting and from where... this is the setup that eventually I will go with once I am done fkn with the n/a setup I have now. I havent decided how far I want to mod my neon before I give it to my soon to be 16 year old son to drive occasionally. Of course I have decided that it wont be his "first" car since we all know that it will end up smashed anyway.=

Old 03-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Spawne32
Professional

so what are you running on the track?

Old 03-14-2008, 03:55 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: vipersforsale

which turbo mani did you end up getting and from where... this is the setup that eventually I will go with once I am done fkn with the n/a setup I have now.
Its actually another homemade manifold but I didn't make it, The guy I got it from made it himself from a ebay flange kit, he sold me it for $30 because he's getting into drifting Honda's.

Spawne32 I haven't track tested it yet, but Gtech says 14.1 @ 102mph. If I could hook up I'm sure 13's would be realistic.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:57 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker

for some reason i was thinking you had a BOV

Old 03-14-2008, 04:00 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: 12 volt

for some reason i was thinking you had a BOV
Thinking about getting one since themotor has a fewslight jerks to it when I brake. I think its still got a load of boost it can't get rid of when engine speeds get low fast.

Anybody notice my intake tube ismade from a 95intake tube and my stock 98 tube put front to front? Its a creation my brother thought of after Auto Zones fittings didn't look so hot.I thought of the idea first ofmodding the stock intake tubesbut my Brother greatly improved the idea in a way I didn't even dream of, the guy is always fkn thinking.

Despite the new fittings on the hoses my Turbo set up looks as if it came factory in the Neon I bought some SRT-4 Stickers off of ebay that I'm slapping on my car to make it official its Turbo Charged [8D]

Old 03-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Slashwannabe

I forgot how fun this car was with the turbo, a month without it sure made me love it more I went for some coffee this morning and this mid 90s Eclipse with a young punk going to school with Momys carwanted to race me until he heard my turbo ingesting air and whistling. I'm sure the SRT-4 stickers I put on my car plus the turbowhistlemade him think twice about what he was about to get himself into...lol

Old 03-14-2008, 02:39 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Thats so cool. It looks stock. Nice job. So no bov? What do you to for preventing denonation with no intercooler? How much psi u run?

Old 03-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Slashwannabe

I'm running between 7 and8psi right now its what the factory wastegate is set at on the turbo.

As for anti detonation I'm running 89 Octane top tier gas and the coldestChampion Plugsthey make. And I'm running a 2000ohm resistor which dumps a little more fuel in than stock, as my OBD-2 scannercomfirmedtheair temp is a nice 115 degrees (resistor clamped!)which will make the pcm dump a touch more fuel to compensate for the cooler air, so far it works great OBD-2 scanner confirmed the temp and so far no detonation or funny business.I took the intake tube off and gave it a rev and the air from the turbowas warm but not hot, a little cooler thana hot/cold mix of water you'd use to wash your hands and thats after driving it around town all day.

I can't say enough about the Mitsubishi TE04H the fkr startsmaking boost at 1600 Rpm and if I brake torque at 2200 RpmI can launch hard core and leave a nice black mark.1600 Rpm is where I hear the turbo spool up and where I can feel it get legs and go. Pretty much if I brake torque the car at 1600-2,000 Rpm there is no turbo lag at all. I'll admit the TE04 isn't the most efficient Turbo out there but it does spool fast and thats whatI wanted with my Automatic.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:59 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Would i see any benefit from using the ngks? I have an intercooler. What part number are they?

Quick Reply: Finally! Turbo Pics of my "Complete" setup!