1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Doors Blown Off By Civic

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 11:20 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doors Blown Off By Civic

ok well yesterday i finally got my car unstuck and so i was driving and my friend with his civic hatchback pulled up next to me and i was a car length ahead of him and then i shifted into 4th at about 4200 rpms and thats when he took me hard.. so im guessing i shifted way to soon but then engine sounded rapped out.. but like everyone know i have a rod knocking i dont know if that will affect performance but i would think taht it would and yesterday was my first day in a long time of driving my car so maybe i just need to get use to it again

idk let me know what you think..

im pretty sure i just shifted to soon

Old 03-19-2008, 11:24 AM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker
Default RE: Doors Blown Off By Civic

When my bearing was going bad i couldent even spin the tires in the rain.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Slashwannabe

Why the fu ck would you even race when your rod is suposedlyknocking?

If it really is the rod knocking you'd drive it 5 miles and go out of your mind listening to this knock. Knocks get louder they don't stay the same volume for long andby that I mean within a minute or 2 it would be crazy loud.

Boxer this is very disapointing news about your Civic Race, not one of them Gook Cars ever took my SOHC Automatic in stock form ina Race ever.

I don't want to sound like I'm all it at a MTX but if I was driving your car the RPM"s would have never dropped below 5200Rpm.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Spawne32
Professional

retarded, you drive a neon with 132 horsepower, its not a race.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:13 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

yeah well i just redeemed my car
kinda

i never let my car go below 5000 rpms and i just smashed a celica into the ground.. it was winning at first then i dropped it into 2nd and from there all it saw was my tailights

Old 03-19-2008, 12:14 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

just about everyone on this forum races there neons in one form or another

so i dont know how you can even say that

Old 03-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: Spawne32

The Civic has 125hp and 100ft lbs of torque. You can race anything. Go Karts have 5hp and people still race them. The SOHC has 140+, wheel Hp. Comparing with the DOHC wheel HPproves the SOHC is in the 140hp range.

A Dirt Bike against a Moped isn't a race, no way the mopeds 50cc's are gonna have a chance against 250cc. When you don'thave 2 vehicles with comparable power or Quarter Mile timesthen say its not a race.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:19 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

True to that ^^^

And the rod is truely nocking or something is.. well there is deffinatly something wrong i know have horrible blue smoke comeing out and it seems to be lacking in power

Old 03-19-2008, 12:29 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

If it really is the rod knocking you'd drive it 5 miles and go out of your mind listening to this knock. Knocks get louder they don't stay the same volume for long andby that I mean within a minute or 2 it would be crazy loud.

Boxer this is very disapointing news about your Civic Race, not one of them Gook Cars ever took my SOHC Automatic in stock form ina Race ever.
maybe non of them were modified?? and like i said i think i shifted way to soon usually i take it up pretty high but it seemed as if i wasnt getting any more power so i shifted which i believe was my mistake

Old 03-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: boxerjl2

True to that ^^^

And the rod is truely nocking or something is.. well there is deffinatly something wrong i know have horrible blue smoke comeing out and it seems to be lacking in power
Pistonwrist pins could be slapping and you have bad rings, problem solved . Wrist pins arent too bad, they aren't good but they don't really spell the end of your motor. No way you'd be able to take it above 1500-2,000 Rpmif it was a Rod Knock. You would have thrown the suspect rod at 4,000 Rpm or more. The blue smoke is piston rings or Valve seals, buy some of that thick *** stop smoke stuff and see if it helps with the bluesmoking. Valve seals are a problem with Neons and most motors over 100,000 miles.

My brother raced a ChevyS-10 in his 69 Camero and he put thebeater 350motor in while he was building his original 327 up and put the 350 up to 7,000 Rpm and waxed the S-10and instantly had rod knocking by the time we got across the city (20 miles) to back home. The knocking was unbearable over 1500 Rpm, took the motor out that night and found the crank had a little more than a1/4inch of steel taken out of it from the rod hitting it.

Quick Reply: Doors Blown Off By Civic