1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Goddamn Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 08:56 PM
chenzo
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

went out there last night after work, the charger had been on it for a couple hours, turned the key and nothing. Im probably going to go back out there in a few minutes and pull the starter off, whats the easiest way to take it off? I have the dual fans, would it be best to remove the one fan for the time being?

Old 01-12-2009, 09:04 PM
ajpranger
Professional

i just changed my starter out last week and i found that if i dropped the front motor mount it made the starter a lot easier to access. however i only have the one radiator fan so i don't know anything about that.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:30 PM
weatherman212

Originally Posted by chenzo
went out there last night after work, the charger had been on it for a couple hours, turned the key and nothing. Im probably going to go back out there in a few minutes and pull the starter off, whats the easiest way to take it off? I have the dual fans, would it be best to remove the one fan for the time being?
While I find it easiest to remove both fans then the starter, You might want to try to jump start it, or change the battery; because if the battery is bad, sticking it on the charger will do nothing. The battery will not hold a charge, and thus you are just wasting time (and money on your energy bill).

Old 01-13-2009, 08:34 PM
chenzo
Veteran

checked connections, all good. gotta go look at an r/t for my buddy so im going to go back out there and try to jump it later.

Quick Reply: Goddamn Car