1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Goddamn Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 10:56 AM
chenzo
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goddamn Car

Alright so i just finished the clutch swap, and everything was fine. then i went to the gas station and tried to start it up and everything powered up, but the starter wouldnt even turn over. when i turn the key, the light for the ebrake lights up, does this mean there is something wrong with the clutch safety switch? on my friends geo, the ebrake light lights up if the clutch isnt pressed into the safety switch. if thats not the problem, its back to attempting to rewire the ignition system, thanks.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:26 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are all your grounds nice and connected? after I did the clutch on one of my Neons, the ground for the starter somehow worked its way loose after driving so when i stopped and went to re-start. got nothing.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:21 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

I did not install the safety switch on mine when I did it. WHat I would do first is to go to the front with your power checker (multimeter, or the light) I would check for power and ground in the front on the starter. Have some one turn it over while u test the fire wire. What flyhweel did you use?

Old 01-07-2009, 06:23 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Ignition? what did you do to it? WHat did you do with the cable that comes from the steering column that bolted to ur auto shifter?

Old 01-07-2009, 06:34 PM
chenzo
Veteran

I dont know if I made it sound like I did the swap, I didnt swap anything, I just replaced the clutch in my already manual transmission car.

No, I havent checked the grounds yet. Ive been working on that damn car too much lately and I took a break. Ill be back at it tomorrow and that was the first place I was going.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:37 PM
chenzo
Veteran

re read it and realized i did make it sound like the swap. I should have said clutch replacement.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:13 PM
chenzo
Veteran

bump you guys are really letting me down. some one has to have an answer. i checked all the wiring and it appears to be tight. fuses and relays are all good, what the hell else could it be? i hear the starter relay kick over but nothing past that happens. all the interior and gauge lights come on like normal, etc. im stumped, pissed, and getting another car, but i need this one fixed.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:22 PM
ajpranger
Professional

ebrake light could be coming on if you are low on brake fluid too if i remember correctly not saying that that has naything to do with your problem. so your starter just clicks. try tapping on your starter if you have not tried that if it starts after doing that then it might be your starter. on the other hand how old is your battery if you dont have enough juice from your battery to start it your lights will still come on but it wont start it will just click. if you have an old battery try jump starting it if it starts while hooked up to another cars battery than you know it is your battery. check your terminals. on your battery make sure they are tight and clean

Old 01-10-2009, 10:04 PM
ajpranger
Professional

BTW FYI. God's last name is not damn. God does not take his name being use lightly, very well.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:04 PM
weatherman212

I know this sounds stupid, but try and jump start it, you may have a bad battery.

EDIT: that or your starter went out.

Last edited by weatherman212; 01-10-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Goddamn Car