1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

im tired of speeding tickets.!! how bout you

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 06:18 PM
noen_newbe
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im tired of speeding tickets.!! how bout you

like it says above im tired of these pigs pulling me over what the best radar out there cuz im a new driver and i dont want mah **** suspended

Old 07-26-2006, 07:02 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: im tired of speeding tickets.!! how bout you

It's the law, you break it and get caught, own up! Don't want the ticket, then take your foot off the gas or go to a track where it's legal.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:19 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion

ORIGINAL: das2123

It's the law, you break it and get caught, own up! Don't want the ticket, then take your foot off the gas or go to a track where it's legal.
amen das

Old 07-26-2006, 07:25 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Radar detectors aren't going to do anything to help you when you get zapped by "instant on" radar. By the time a detector goes off, your speed has already been computed and recorded. The only thing you can hope for is that a cop zaps a car somewhere around you and you are lucky enough to get a "reflection reading" on your detector. Speeding on a road with light traffic is playing Russian Roulette with radar.......speeding on a road with heavy traffic makes you a menace to others......either way, sooner or later you're gonna lose.

Dusty

Old 07-26-2006, 07:53 PM
FuzzRacer
Captain

yeah anytime you speed its the role of the dice, around here there are places we can go at it like the empty K-mart parking lots or the speed way track that is out of harms way, and the cops don't mind ( certian parking lots ) unless it gets out of control, there just glad to have it off the streets. and have better things to do. even with a high tech radar dectector it won't matter, it's there word against the driver and the driver hardly wins that battle.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:58 PM
spudsterier
Legend

i had a uniden that i really liked....but it got stolen about 1 week after i got the car

tickets:
1...disobediance to signal indicating approaching of a train
1...driving to fast for conditions
1...no valid registration
1...improper signal
1...failure to wear seatbelt
1...illegal squeeling/screeching of tires
1...illegal operation of sound amplification system
1...loud exhaust..(very loud)
4...speeding...53 in a 35....70 in a 55....80 in a 55....60 in a 45...

warnings:
1...disobeying stop sign
3...speeding....69 in a 55....60 in a 40....70 in a 55...
2...loud stereo
1...failure to yield
1...illegal squeeling tires
1...too fast for conditions
2...loud exhaust
1...tinted fron windows
1...no valid registration

i got all these 3 years.....but only have 2 on my record...the rest were either dropped or got supervision on
its just sumthing you have to deal with......

Old 07-26-2006, 09:51 PM
noen_newbe
Veteran

ok sorry dudes i wasnt clear on it i live in pa here the law is stupid if i drive more then 15 over on a highway i get it suspended and so it a 55 and im doing 55 or 60 ppl tend to flick me of as they drive past me or cut me off and yea long story short there are ****** were i live so ya it just the cops here i see that the have a gun like you know? not a bang bang your dead gun but i onno radar honestly im not stupid im not going to speed on a street where there are light cuz you gatta stop any way and if you take a light the camera got you i dont realy speed and when i do it in the mountain but then there it more drifty cuz there alot of curves anyway yea i jsut wanted to clear that up cuz i dont want you guys to think im a typical teen those *** hole who cause high insurence rates i just wanted to know about that so please give me the 411 on it thank guys i hope you can forgive me for being vague

Old 07-26-2006, 10:08 PM
FuzzRacer
Captain

spud, you got warned for tinted fronts? that's crazy, unless you tinted the windsheild which would actually look cool but anyways, doing more then 15 over on a highway and getting suspended would suck, ive never heard of that one unless they just chalk it up and call it irratic driving or something, its 65 on 71, and 30 here where I live and people go even faster around that, Ive caught myself chuging alon8 at 80 even 90 when im just follow the flow of traffic. sometimes its just hard not to. a radar would at least give you some heads up that a dectection device is in the area. does anyone know if the speed cameras tip off a radar detectors or not?

Old 07-26-2006, 10:41 PM
spudsterier
Legend

anything that gives puts out the frequency that the radar detector can pic up will set it off....including automatic doors at walmart...some store and house security systems, farm tractors, and some trains....
the problem i had when i would go to pennsylvania is that the frequency the cops use in pa. is different then here in illinois...the frequency that the stores emit for their automatic doors is the one that cops out there use.....that almost got me alot of tickets when i would drive out there...

in illinois it is illegal to tint the front door windows any amount.....however you could spray paint the back windows and any windows behind the drivers seat pure black if you wanted too...and thats legal

Old 07-27-2006, 01:53 AM
dogdaysunrise
Veteran

First of all... Please use punctuation. Everything you write gives me a headache.

15mph over should be a suspension. 15kmh over is almost a suspension in Canada. As Das put it, don't want em, obey the laws. If tons of people are getting pissed at you for going to slow, then drive with the flow of traffic. A cop isnt gonna pull over 20 cars. Only thing you would have to worry about then is photo radar.

Quick Reply: im tired of speeding tickets.!! how bout you