1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

98 R/T Body kit/Exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006 | 06:23 AM
stillgdup
Default 98 R/T Body kit/Exhaust questions

Alright. Here's my problem.

I want a very mild body kit on my neon that isn't too flashy, but makes it stand out. I don't want it to make it too low that it scraped when I go over speed bumps. My neon is lowered a bit (not sure how much). I would like it to be a 4 piece kit. Does anyone know of any good quality body kits (body accents I should say)? I can't find any.

For the exhaust: Since I've got a DOHC, I've read other forums and found out that it's really hard to make your exhaust sound good becuase of the second cam. Can anyone prove that wrong? My goal is to make my car sound something like the SRT-4. Nice and low, but smooth. I don't want to to sound like a ricer either.

I appologize if this has been brought up before, I didn't look for very long. Any input would be great.

Thanks.

Old 09-25-2006 | 10:41 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Default RE: 98 R/T Body kit/Exhaust questions

i have the vibrant exhaust on my car and it sounds a little like the srt

Old 09-25-2006 | 02:18 PM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: stillgdup
My goal is to make my car sound something like the SRT-4. Nice and low, but smooth. I don't want to to sound like a ricer either.
Put the SRT-4 engine in there along with the exhaust to get the SRT-4 sound...LOL! It's a turbo thats why it has that sound. Dynomax makes a good sounding muffler. Honestly, I'd make it go fast before making it sound better.

Old 09-25-2006 | 10:26 PM
stillgdup

Alright. I'll check out the dynomax and vibrant. I would make it faster, but I'm just trying to do the little things that make it a nicer car overall. I was planning on putting a PT Cruiser Turbo engine in it since it's on the same platform. Anyone have any suggestions for it?

Does anyone know about the body kit?

Thanks for replying.

Old 09-26-2006 | 12:09 AM
das2123
Legend

I think all kits are a bit flashy and the only one I like is the Xenon Kit.

Old 09-29-2006 | 04:38 AM
JDC420
Professional

I've read other forums and found out that it's really hard to make your exhaust sound good becuase of the second cam. Can anyone prove that wrong?
It's not hard to prove that wrong because it makes no sense! The valve's are doing the same thing as in a SOHC engine, just 2 cams instead of one. I've heard plenty of DOHC Neon's that sound as good as the SOHC's.

Old 09-29-2006 | 07:55 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

they do have a different pitch in tone, especially at higher RPM, but theyre all loud as hell, my stock muffler finally fell off my 95 after dragging what was left of it by the hanger for a week, i welded a 2-1/2" dynomax super turbo i had layin around , it has a deep tone without the annoying buzzy fart can sound, its a SOHC but i tried it out on my DOHC car & it had pretty much the same sound
the valves are doing the same thing yes, but they are timed different and that will change the sound, the DOHC engine does tend to be louder with the same exhuast if you really listen

Old 09-29-2006 | 10:19 PM
stillgdup

Thanks, guys. You're all a lot of help. I'm going to try the Vibrant Dual Exhaust from Modernperformance.com... as soon as I get enough money.

Quick Reply: 98 R/T Body kit/Exhaust questions