1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

SRT-4 Swap Progress

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 11:53 PM
NEONRT98
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SRT-4 Swap Progress- Update

Heh, Spud, I am actually going to be going through Illinois in April... Lemmie do some mapquesting to see how far off you are.. How much would you want for one?

EDIT: Alright, I looked.. Your like.. right in the line of where I am going... I am goin to Cedar Rapids April 27, 28 and 29... I'll be taking 80 all the way there...

Old 03-12-2007, 12:00 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for the tranny or just the bell housing?????
if you pass through out here, just stop buy and you can take one home

i actually live about 12-15 miles from route 80.....straight north

Old 03-17-2007, 03:23 AM
NEONRT98
All Star

Alright, so I am going to attempt to do the interior this weekend, and I will be estatic if I get it done! I have a few questiosn though maybe someone can answer for me...

I am putting the SRT-4 dash in there, do I need the dash brace from an SRT-4 to fit it in there, or do I need to do some cutting and whathaveyou to get the SRT-4 dash to fit onto the R/T Bracket? I figured I woudl go to the junk yard tomarrow and take a look around. If I get that bracket, can i just get one from an 03-05 Neon? I think they are the same...

As for getting fuel to the engine, Ibought an assembly off Ebay from an SRT-4 that swapped right into my gastank... Think I should run a different gas line? I dont know if running 58psi is going to require a bigger gas line or not...

Old 03-17-2007, 11:32 AM
spudsterier
Legend

i was able to run up to about 70psi on my stock line....i probally could of gone plenty more, but the regulator didnt go any higher[:@]

Old 03-17-2007, 01:58 PM
NEONRT98
All Star

Alright, sweet, and since the stock SRT-4 doesnt have a return line, and everything I am using is pretty much stock SRT-4, think I need to put one in?

Old 03-17-2007, 02:47 PM
spudsterier
Legend

it would be a very wise idea

Old 03-22-2007, 02:08 AM
NEONRT98
All Star

Well, figured I would post some progress.. I swapped out the rear wheel hubs. I also have the SRT-4 calipers on the rear with them. The Ebrake lines are ran. I think I am officially done with the back wheels now (Minus tires and alignment). All four tires are on the ground as of right now. I swapped the front struts for the SRT-4 struts, which are probably about 1.5 - 2 inches longer than the 1st gens. I am really hoping that once I set that engine in the bay that the front end will come down some! Also, the gas tank it back up where its supposed to be. Instead ofrunning a walbro 255, I bought the stock assembly for the SRT-4 and dropped that into my tank- hopefully that works!Other than that, I am ready to start up on putting the interior back together. Body work also needs done yet too, but I have a buddy who might be able to hook me up with that!Just an update if anyone is interested ;-)

Old 03-22-2007, 03:14 AM
kris95neonspt
Professional

Hey neonrt98 how about some pictures? I really want to see how it looks.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:26 AM
spudsterier
Legend

my car looks like its got hydros on the front without the motor in it....so your car will lower a bit, but not a hell of alot with those struts.....might want to look into ome drop springs...

the stock fuel pump will supply enough fuel for you, but if you ever plan on modding the srt motor then i would have to suggest getting a walbro

Old 03-22-2007, 07:25 PM
NEONRT98
All Star

Oh, I have the walbro sitting in my garage, haha, I just woudl rather keep it as stock SRT-4 set up as I can at the moment. Really, I am just wanting to get it done and on the road, but I dont want to rush it either >.<

I will try and get some pics tonight, maybe. Not too much to take pics of, though... I dont have the SRT-4 rims on right now because of the tires on them, they dont fit! So I squeezed on the R/T rims and tires just to get it off the jackstands and on its own weight. I think I might throw the motor in on two mounts tonight to see what the front looks like, might look into a 1/2in drop or something. I need to adjust some things with the shield for the steering column joints, they are rubbing on the shield, probably just cut around it...

Quick Reply: SRT-4 Swap Progress