1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Swap Update! MORE PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 03:16 AM
NEONRT98
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap Update! MORE PICS!

Well, if I could get the pictures off this stupid phone, I would post some pics for you guys, I got quite a few of them too!! As soon as I figure out how, or get fed up and take some with a camera., I will post some pics...

Onto the real reason for the post! I have started on the dash this weekend. It all seems to be going well! I bought a dremel tool (a GODSEND for the dash, let me tell you!) and its working wonders! There is quite a bit of trimming of both the support bracket and the actual dash itself to get things to fit right. For the most part though, I have the dash together, I just need to get it bolted down (<-- New challenge...) and make a few other minor adjustments. It also seems that this dash sits a bit higher than the other one, maybe its just the bump in the dash pad to accomidate the larger gauge pod.. Either way, I got most of it done in the duration of today, minus a few Guitar Hero breaks, acourse! Depending on the weather tomarrow and what I feel like doing, I may or may not finish it up... Once again, once I get pics, I will get them posted for you all!

Old 03-25-2007, 07:29 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Swap Update!

Can't wait to see pics.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:50 PM
rtneon67
Professional

yea i cant wait to see pic either

Old 03-25-2007, 08:54 PM
NEONRT98
All Star

Bah, the cell company wants me to sign up for the 5 bucks a month thing to transfer pics, maybe I will do that tonight, I am sure I will use it! Anyways, I got the dash in and bolted/ziptied (haha) down. Its in there pretty solid. Ran all the dash wires, steering column is mounted and connected.. Hmm, I am fighting with the doors right now over the lousy 2 wires for the speakers.. I have a few extra connections too that I have no idea what they do.. I have the manual for both the SRT-4 and R/T, but they are telling me nothing useful in the line of wiring diagrams and the connectors..But as soon as I get ahold of a digital camera, I will get pics up, no worries!

There are a couple gaps between the dash pad and the dash.. I am not worried about them though seeing as the dash isnt supposed to be in that car anyways!

Old 03-26-2007, 12:11 AM
BadBrads97Neon
All Star

yeah some pics would be awesome. Hope it looks cool.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:42 PM
NEONRT98
All Star

I dont have pictures YET, I gotta run to work and check the mail for the cable to transfer them...

BUT!

I did do a test fit on the engine just to make sure it will sit correctly in the engine bay, and bingo! It does!! I am more than estatic about it, since I have well over 100+ hours into this project and about 4k into it... I didnt want to send it to the shop to find out later the engine wont sit correctly in the bay... So now tomarrow, I will finish up the interior, and call around to shops on monday! I still have to figure out what I am going to do with the transmission.. I might try to make up something to convert it to cable clutch, since I dont think the bellhousing will even seperate from the transmission... Either way, I am happy with the progress with what little time I have had! As soon as I get pics, I will get them up!

Old 04-01-2007, 01:10 AM
spudsterier
Legend

why dont you think the bell housing would disconnect????

Old 04-01-2007, 05:00 AM
NEONRT98
All Star

I have yet to take the tranny off the engine, but it looks as if the bellhousing and tranny are casted as one.. I will let ya know before I go to Iowa, Spud

Old 04-01-2007, 01:28 PM
spudsterier
Legend

ORIGINAL: NEONRT98

it looks as if the bellhousing and tranny are casted as one
so then how did they get the gears in there

Old 04-01-2007, 02:29 PM
NEONRT98
All Star