1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Info Appreciated!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 03:50 AM
NEONRT98
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info Appreciated!

OK, so I have the dash about complete, as I am sure you are all aware. I have, though, run into a slight problem.

Well one, the connector on the R/T HVAC controls and the SRT-4 HVAC controls aren't the same... Think that the heat and such should work if I swap the connectors?? I would assume so, but I dont want to start cutting until I know haha!...

Another problem.. the windshield wipers and such.. I cut the connector off the end of the wires that come through the firewall to the inside of the car... Off of the dash wiring harness (SRT-4) I have 2 extra connectors that aren't hooked up to anything. The one is green, the other is black. The black one only has 2 wires, though. Now the old blue connector for what looks like the heating system has no matching connection either.. Does anyone have connector maps for these connectors?? (Green and black for the upper pass side dash (SRT-4), R/T blue connector that is on the left upper part of the dash, leads down to the HVAC box, and the windshield wiper connector on the inside)

THANKS GUYS!

Old 03-26-2007, 05:46 PM
DaJokerx2
Default RE: Info Appreciated!

What are the wire colors in each connector. Did you look in my how to? It may be there. I know the hvac pin out is there. The 1st gen hvac will work after splicing but I reccomend picking up an srt hvac since you're using the srt dash.
Also the only connector that is the same for 1st gen, 2nd gen including srt is the seatbelt sensor switch.
Later
Jake

Old 03-28-2007, 01:46 AM
NEONRT98
All Star

Hmm, I am not sure about colors, I will have to look some other time since I think I left my laptop charger at campus >.< Ugh..

Anyways, thankfully I dont have power anything, so there are only two wires going to the door for the speakers. I will just splice off the SRT-4 harness once I find out which ones it is and then use the R/T connector for it :-D I'll check out your pagefor the HVAC, since I have the dash pretty much in there, I am not taking it back out haha

Old 03-29-2007, 01:00 AM
kris95neonspt
Professional

Hey NEONRT98 did you get any pictures yet? I wanna see whatthe dash looks like insidethe car and what the suspension looks like.

Old 03-29-2007, 01:56 AM
NEONRT98
All Star

They are all still on my phone. I ordereda kit off Ebay to transfer them though.. Waiting for that and then I will get lots of pictures!

I have the dash completely wired now, I think... Now onto the center console and I can start tidying things up and putting the interior back together!

Old 03-29-2007, 02:00 AM
BadBrads97Neon
All Star

so has the dash swap been hard? just wonderin

Old 03-29-2007, 02:30 AM
NEONRT98
All Star

If you have the patience, its not *that* bad.. Its alot of trimming, splicing and some guesswork.. and lots of questions to ask and research! I think I could have done a better job on it, since I *do* have some spots that have gaps, such as the right side of the glove box (which is lucky its up there) and where the dash pad and the dash meet there is some gaps, but nothing very noticable. Oh, and make sure you have plenty of zipties on hand.. the heavy duty ones! Im now thinking about going out and buying some interior neons while I am at it, that way all the wires can be hidden and they can be integrated into the light system in the dash wiring harness.. Whatcha guys think? I know i will definately be wiring my system up before the interior is totally done, because I want the wires to be hidden!

Old 03-29-2007, 11:51 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cant you just email the pics from your fone to your computer????
i never knew how to get the pics off the fone until the wife emailed me some that she took

Old 03-29-2007, 06:47 PM
NEONRT98
All Star

No, they want 5 bucks a month just for the access, then like 0.03cents per KB... average pic is 50KB... Screw that haha... or 15/mo for unlimited, and I already have unlimited text.. Sprint [:'(]cant wait til october! I should be getting that connection today or tomarrow hopefully guys! Hang in there!

Old 04-06-2007, 12:26 AM
DaJokerx2

Here's a couple pics of how the 2nd gen/srt dash can look in a 1st gen..This was before it was done and almost a year old..note the missing pillars etc..

Quick Reply: Info Appreciated!