2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Dodge Avenger reliability - how will it compare?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 09:47 PM
mkaresh
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Avenger reliability - how will it compare?

In late 2005 I started conducting my own reliability research. I'm reporting absolute stats like "times in the shop" that will make the differences between cars much clearer. Relative ratings obscure too much--how large is the difference between "better than average" and "worse than average"? I’ll also be updating results four times a year, so there will be information on new models sooner.

I've had extremely good participation from owners of the Charger, Magnum, and Caliber, and hope for the same from owners of the new Avenger.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, panel members will receive full access to the results free of charge.

Details: Vehicle reliability research

Comments, questions, and suggestions welcome.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:12 PM
mkaresh
Banned
Default RE: Dodge Avenger reliability - how will it compare?

Still need more of these if I'm going to have some results later this year.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:32 AM
mkaresh
Banned

I'm going to have results in a few weeks for most of the Avenger's competition, including the Accord, Camry, Fusion, and Aura. I'd like to be able to compare the Avenger to these sedans, just waiting for enough owners to sign up to help out.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Barry626
Rookie

ORIGINAL: mkaresh

I'm going to have results in a few weeks for most of the Avenger's competition, including the Accord, Camry, Fusion, and Aura.
As much as I love my Avenger I would not compare it with a Acura...surely not the TL $39,000?

Old 07-12-2007, 07:31 AM
SueK
Professional

You have watch how some people compare. You know there are people out there who've driven BMW's or Mercedes every single day and they do a test drive on an Avenger and say "Oh this car is terrible,etc" and write a review. For me my SE rides great and alot better than the reviews I read. There was some moron that said going around corners in an SE was terrible and his wife was terrified when she drove it. I'd like to know has fast she was driving when she was driving around that corner entering the parkway. I had no problems. I compare the average price of my car to another with same price and see the pro's and cons.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:52 AM
Barry626
Rookie

ORIGINAL: SueK

You have watch how some people compare. You know there are people out there who've driven BMW's or Mercedes every single day and they do a test drive on an Avenger and say "Oh this car is terrible,etc" and write a review. For me my SE rides great and alot better than the reviews I read. There was some moron that said going around corners in an SE was terrible and his wife was terrified when she drove it. I'd like to know has fast she was driving when she was driving around that corner entering the parkway. I had no problems. I compare the average price of my car to another with same price and see the pro's and cons.
Boy u are sooooo correct!
I traded in my 07 BMW for my Avenger.
Yes BMW drives & handles better then Dodge or most cars...
But you are also paying for it to. My loaded Avenger fits me perfect!
No one can go wrong with a strip or loaded Avenger they are dirt cheap!

I hated the ride with sport suspension/runflat tires on my BMW.
Everytime I hit a pot hole or railroad tracks my fillings would fall out.

Old 07-13-2007, 05:35 AM
SueK
Professional

ORIGINAL: Barry626

ORIGINAL: SueK

Boy u are sooooo correct!
I traded in my 07 BMW for my Avenger.
Yes BMW drives & handles better then Dodge or most cars...
But you are also paying for it to. My loaded Avenger fits me perfect!
No one can go wrong with a strip or loaded Avenger they are dirt cheap!
I hated the ride with sport suspension/runflat tires on my BMW.
Everytime I hit a pot hole or rail road tracks my fillings would fall out.
Thanks. My other car is a 89 Daytona and I felt the holes alot,So ofcourse the Avenger felt better for me lol I've talked to other people that have said their Daytona was fine lol Mine did have work on the front end and new struts but it still was a bumpy ride. I always said that my Daytona wasen't built for a luxury car ride anyway. Someone said "Well your Daytona is 18 years old and that's why it rides bad" I think it's all in the mechanics. My husbands 1991 Buick Century rides smooth. I figure the Century was built to ride smooth. it's not a luxury car,But I think it was aimed at the older people who wanted a smoothe ride. I have no regrets with my Avenger except one thing, The blinker and the high beam gets me. I have to get used to that. Sometimes I activate the high beams when turning on the signals.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:53 AM
mkaresh
Banned

ORIGINAL: Barry626

ORIGINAL: mkaresh

I'm going to have results in a few weeks for most of the Avenger's competition, including the Accord, Camry, Fusion, and Aura.
As much as I love my Avenger I would not compare it with a Acura...surely not the TL $39,000?
Aura, as in the Saturn sedan, not Acura. I can see how they might be confused when reading quickly. Perhaps intentional?

Still looking for more Avenger owners. Results for nearly 100 other models next month.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:43 AM
mkaresh
Banned

Those results were posted here:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

Old 09-23-2007, 03:13 PM
regandon
Professional

I know many people that have gone by these reliability surveys and bought a car after reading them. Only to find out they hate the car. These surveys should be taken with a grain of salt, as they are way to subjective. The best way, is to go test drive each model of car or truck you might be thinking of.
Anyways, it should not be called Vehicle Reliability Surveys. It should be called,Opinions about the Reliability of surveys. Again just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Dodge Avenger reliability - how will it compare?