2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Jas_Oz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

9.111 is the latest REN version, I have it here.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:39 PM
fenderman

Thanks, I have the nav unit (rer). The latest version i see available for download on the first page is 9.561. am I missing something?

Old 03-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Jas_Oz

no your not missing anything...the download was pulled as it was found to be a beta and not a final release. Once the final release is out it will be hosted.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:24 PM
StarBandit

ORIGINAL: Jas_Oz

9.111 is the latest REN version, I have it here.
The version posted on page 1 (REN) listed as 9.110 but the download was 9.111. Just installed it. Had a small hiccup after install with the unit dying and door open but came back to life. Had me wondering at first if I should go back to 9.004, but will continue to test it out.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:29 AM
fastrat350

is the sprint mogul ever gonna become compatible???

Old 03-29-2008, 06:30 AM
Jas_Oz

Did this video just to show the operation of the Nav Mygig with the new software I installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFkdHcXRPD8

Old 03-29-2008, 07:06 AM
RobertR

MyGig owners manuals

Chrysler has finally created a site for MyGig manuals. Just found this....check it out.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:27 AM
obrienj
Default RE: MyGiG Software Update

fastrat350,

I have the latest update on the Mogul and one of the recent "pre-release" updates on the MyGiG and,

1. I can pair the Mogul without killing the audio (previous problem). However, it took some unusual steps to get the first pairing. It seemed to pair on a more regular basis once I "Reset to Factory Defaults" on the Diag screen. Certainly not a user friendly approach.

2. The phone works just fine except it sometimes looses pairing or won't re-connect when starting the car. When this happens it appears that the MyGiG can't complete the connection as the paired phone is no longer in the list on the MyGiG and the "Pair" button is "grayed out". It doesn't seem that turning the car off for 30 minutes has any effect but I discovered yesterday that power cycling the Mogul (not a soft reset) does clear the problem and the MyGiG can then complete the connection process. As yet I have not determined any specific sequence that causes this to happen. However, the new GPS support on the Mogul or using the data connection may be a player but it is too early to tell.

My conclusion is that there is yet another Bluetooth incompatibility due to the varying interpretations of the BT "standard". Both the Mogul and MyGiG have historically had this problem. BThas suffered from being one of the poorest implemented protocols of all of the recent ones.

I will see if this issue goes away with the released updated when it arrives. If not, this becomes a reported issue to Chrysler and HTC/Sprint.

It is truly ashame that this is an issue on such supposed "upscale" devices.

Regards,
Jim

Old 03-29-2008, 10:33 AM
obrienj

What should the Gracenotes DVD file structurelook like when burned?

When the final release of the software arrives, could some one update the instructions to show the appropriate volume or disk id and the wording of the messages.

Regards,
Jim

Old 03-29-2008, 03:06 PM
TedEbear
Rookie

ORIGINAL: obrienj

What should the Gracenotes DVD file structurelook like when burned?
There will be a 1k gnupdate file in the root directory and also a folder called GNDB. Inside it are 6more files.

You don't have to name the volume label anything specific for the Grancenotes update.

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update